SPOILERS ! -- the Story of Dark Messiah

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 07 Nov 2006, 13:01

innokenti wrote: it appears that Sar-Elam talks to you after you cleanse yourself.
Nothing states the ethereal voice is Sar-Elam's. It could be Ylath's.

Agnus Dei
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Agnus Dei » 13 Nov 2006, 19:36

Does anyone know what happens if you choose the dark path (side, whatever)? Has anyone tried it? Is it somehow related to the newer map of Ashan, the one without Stonehelm?

PaladinOfMM
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PaladinOfMM » 18 Nov 2006, 08:42

Agnus Dei wrote:Does anyone know what happens if you choose the dark path (side, whatever)? Has anyone tried it? Is it somehow related to the newer map of Ashan, the one without Stonehelm?
Guess what?
I tried the evil ending first which is to pass the skull to my "dad" and he praised me (sort of).

What I did was I cleansed myself off Xana (oo... I wanted her actually). Then at the ending, I tried the evil ending first.

I reload and tried good ending. A bit different but not much because evil ending shows Leanna got thrown away by Kha-Beleth and I think she died, or maybe not.

Anyway, to see different endings quicker, you must have Bink player installed inside PC and then look for:

altar_leanna.bik
altar_xana.bik
zig_leanna.bik
zig_xana.bik

files. I can't remember which one is the actual ending but should be altar as the last video. There's leanna and xana because if you cleansed yourself, you have leanna to follow you all the way to kill aranthir. If you did not cleanse yourself, you have to kill leanna on the way to the undergound chamber (you bad bad boy). :devil:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 Nov 2006, 02:37

PaladinOfMM wrote:you have to kill leanna on the way to the undergound chamber
Actually no, killing Leanna is optional. I ran to the underground after she attacked me and let her live. And I met her again after I entered the Necropolis: she was just standing there, looking at me, not doing anything. Perhaps this was to give another chance to kill her, or perhaps it was a weird bug. Anyway, I didn't see her again after that.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 29 Nov 2006, 19:07

Sigh, and I was so going to do the 2nd run all evil and with different skills - ended up a pure warrior anyway and with the same ending, shame on me. :|

Dergos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dergos » 06 Dec 2006, 19:47

i have played all ways now, i've you saved leanna in spider dungeon and you didn't cleanse you get a quest to kill her, at the end you have two options, give the skull to your father, who says something about ruling and destroying ashan or you can lock him away and become the foul bastard who goes and rules ashan

then the good part is the same only xana is replaced by leanna and you can't kill her(xana and leanna don't have much to do in the final movie, ofcourse my opinion)
what i found quite amusing is when you have chosen the good side but when you have the skull and you are going to piramid, leanna screams like "nooo, sarteh, don't do it" a couple of times, made me laugh so hard :devil:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 06 Dec 2006, 19:55

I don't see why the game considers Sareth evil if he doesn't get rid of Xana (or, in my case, misses the cleansing fountain).

Dergos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dergos » 06 Dec 2006, 21:30

most probably he wil think you chose for evil cause when i was near the cathedral i heard a voice that said something about the fountain, and then xana says something like "stinks of dragon" so if you don't go you chose xana (=evil)

Return to “Might and Magic”