Make a Might & Magic Complete Edition!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Make a Might & Magic Complete Edition!

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Sep 2006, 16:18

After UbiSoft purchased the rights to the Might and Magic series, they started re-releasing the old brands of Heroes; there's a Heroes 3 Complete edition, a Heroes 4 Complete edition, and for sale in Europe there's the Heroes Complete edition, with all the games and expansions of the Heroes series in one nice little package.

I would like to ask UbiSoft if there is any way they could adapt the old Might and Magic series to function properly on WinXP, and re-release that too, in one nice little package.

One problem is whether there would be enough potential customers. So... would you buy Might and Magic Complete?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 25 Sep 2006, 16:21

Yes, I would.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Make a Might & Magic Complete Edition!

Unread postby Avonu » 25 Sep 2006, 17:40

Kalah wrote:After UbiSoft purchased the rights to the Might and Magic series, they started re-releasing the old brands of Heroes; there's a Heroes 3 Complete edition, a Heroes 4 Complete edition, and for sale in Europe there's the Heroes Complete edition
Ubisoft also released (or rather granted permission to release) Heroes Chronicles (1-4) and Might and Magic Chronicles (6-9):
- Heroes Chronicles: Anthology
- MM Chronicles: Anthology (6-9 plus CoMM and LoMM - MM6 and LoMM are in English - and no - "games may not working on Win XP")
15 PLN is about 4 Euro

And I will buy MM: Anthology :D (HC maybe someday).
Last edited by Avonu on 27 Sep 2006, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 25 Sep 2006, 18:38

I would buy it :)

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Sep 2006, 18:55

Might and Magic VI to IX is all I need. I'm not sure I'll ever play another game from the 80s/early 90s again.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 Sep 2006, 19:31

I have the latest three MM games. Maybe I'd pick up MM6 as well if I found it cheap, but otherwise, I'm really not that interested.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 25 Sep 2006, 20:35

I'm not sure if I'd need such an edition as I already have every single M&M game at home but this would be a great option for any newcomers to the series, attracted by Heroes V and Dark Messiah. But for collector's sake, I'd buy it anyway. :-D

I'd be very interested in Heroes Chronicles Complete as well.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 26 Sep 2006, 05:58

If this dream comes true, I'll buy MM complete IMMEDIATELY!
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 26 Sep 2006, 12:28

I would suspect that if a Complete Edition was made, it would be made to work with the upcoming Microsoft Vista operating system. It may be possible to get versions MM6 thru MM9 to work better with XP and Vista, but the only way I can see the older M&M games working is to include an emulator program like DosBox. Emulation is a quicker and cheaper way to get the games to work instead of hiring a team to reprogram and redesign the games from scratch.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 27 Sep 2006, 17:12

I’d have to say for me it depends largely on the price. I still need 1-3 and a way to make 4,5, and WoX work without hunting for side programs for them would be nice. But I doubt I’ll shell out $50-60 on something I already own two-thirds of.

However, I do support the release of a complete edition for MM 100%--it would mean we get some new MM fans to mix with the masses of solely-Heroes players, and could potentially generate interest for a MMX. Not to mention there are probably a good number of dedicated MMers who have lost play disks, or missed one or two of the last few games, and would be willing to invest in MM Complete.

If it came with extra goodies (re-printed manual for each game, or perhaps some nice cloth maps since my original paper ones are getting so beat up…small models of major characters and/or artifacts, like Corak, Sheltem, Queen Catherine and Armageddon’s Blade, you know, the usual sorts of things) that would be a nice bonus…

I also fully support a Heroes Chronicles Complete, as I only have Final Chapters…

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 27 Sep 2006, 17:33

I'd buy it the minute it hits the shelves.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 27 Sep 2006, 20:52

If you pick up MM6 it comes with 1-5.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Sep 2006, 21:32

Obviously (at least to me) a re-release like this would not include manuals, just the games, made to work nicely on new computers. As for the price, as UbiSoft won't exactly be spending a lot of money on this, and once a collection was made they could ship it out by the crate. I'd suggest a price of roughly $15, maybe a bit more as list price - and then Amazon could dump it once they had it in stock.

I'd buy it if it cost me no more than £10-15.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 28 Sep 2006, 03:44

Ahhh. For $10-15 (Euro isn’t that much higher than the dollar, yes?), probably would be worth it yes. (I’d still like those cloth maps though. Maybe they could sell those separate…)

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 28 Sep 2006, 09:14

I would probably buy a Heroes Chronicles Complete (but COMPLETE, with ALL the Chronicles) as I never played any of them...

I'm less interested by a Might and Magic Complete as I already own them all (with the excaption of MM8) :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Sep 2006, 19:06

The results of the poll I put up in the official forum are at 14-1 thus far, also yielding responses like:

[quote]Absof***inglutely![/quote]
[quote]Indubiously!!!!!![/quote]
[quote]..if there is an opportunity[/quote]
and
[quote]Yes! Definitely! I would absolutely buy it!
Please make it Image[/quote]

If the entire fan base are as eager, there could be an easy buck to made for Ubi here... and more games for us.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 28 Sep 2006, 19:33

Chronicles...

Yes. I never played those and they seemed a bit pricey on first release for what amounted top a game that didn't score well with critics and appeared to have limited replayability. But I'm a Might Magic nut and I buy the franchise when it's reasonable, so I would plunk down 20-30 for all the chronicles rolled into one release.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Return to “Might and Magic”