Endless First Aid scroll in MM6

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Logan Warbringer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Endless First Aid scroll in MM6

Unread postby Logan Warbringer » 23 Jul 2006, 23:00

I've completed the game several times, but never met this bug before.

Yesterday, after a long break of two or more years, I installed MM6 on my Win XP and applied the MOK patch on it. MM6 works fine, Always Run addition makes the game much faster and much more comfortable.

Well... here comes the bug:) Inside the Abandoned Temple dungeon there is a chamber where you meet the girl, Angela Dawson, whom you're gonna rescue. There are several cages with those scary remains inside, some of which are trapped. I successfully disarmed all the traps and picked up a scroll of First Aid among other more or less useless staff.

I moved further, of course, shooted a lot of bats and cobras to the death. My Cleric was running out of mana and then I remembered I have this First Aid scroll... So, I used it on one of my characters and...

...The scroll did not vanish! I kept using it again and again, healed all my characters completely, and the scroll just DID NOT DISAPPEAR! :)

At last, I've managed to sell this ultimate healing-for-free machine at Wilma's shop when I returned to city. The old harpy paid me just 5 gold (a true robbery, I must say) :D

Has anyone had such experience in MM6?
http://www.heroesportal.net -- More than 2000 maps for Heroes of Might and Magic I, II, III, IV. Forums and chat in heroic style! Various tourneys and everything a real hero needs!

Nerissa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nerissa » 24 Jul 2006, 01:08

No, but then again I haven't had to use the MOK patch because my copyh of the game is working perfectly.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 24 Jul 2006, 04:57

It is a known issue about some unlimited lower end scrolls. Even patch 1.2 did not fix this, so it's pretty much 'Scout's Honor' in regard to using scrolls and then either selling them or throwing them away.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Logan Warbringer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Logan Warbringer » 24 Jul 2006, 22:22

It seems that only curing scrolls do that:) In the Temple of Tsantsa I've found a Cure Wounds unlimited scroll:) This one is even more powerful.

I wander whether I'm gonna find a Power Cure unlimited scroll in the end:)
http://www.heroesportal.net -- More than 2000 maps for Heroes of Might and Magic I, II, III, IV. Forums and chat in heroic style! Various tourneys and everything a real hero needs!

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 26 Jul 2006, 04:28

I've had this happen to me the first time I played the game. At the time, I actually thought at first that this was supposed to happen (after all, since when does paper spontaniously combust upon being read?). The scroll from which I got an unlimited use was actually a "Raise Dead" scroll. While it didn't heal my characters when needed, it was pretty useful in making it through Gharik's Forge, especially when my cleric keeps getting killed.

rudi70
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Endless First Aid scroll in MM6

Unread postby rudi70 » 17 Aug 2006, 04:03

"Logan Warbringer"]I've completed the game several times, but never met this bug before.

Hi Logan.
Well,I am new here.Just stumbled on it by accident.I have all M&M games and finished 6-9 multiple times.Good side,dark side,different teames,solo characters,u name it.There could be a lot of talking.Hehehee...
Now,coming to the point.Ur question about these endless spells.This is a bug in the game and happens all the time.Not only low level spells,almost all of the spells are like this.Trouble is,they are not always available.I frequently visit the magic shop in Ironfist Castle and the 2 shops in Free Haven.There u can buy some if u are lucky.My favored ones are Dragons Breath and Poison Cloud.
Have a nice day.Rudi

FalagarsFolly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Pretty Common in Special Edition

Unread postby FalagarsFolly » 13 Oct 2006, 01:47

I currently have several scrolls (cure wounds, flying fist, dragon breath, etc) which do this. You use them and they land back in your pack.

(In my case I consider it perfectly honorable to use them repeatedly --- I just consider this to be a "special feature" of those scrolls. But then, I'm not a scout and I am currently using the "top off your purse" strongbox back in the NWC dungeon at just about every opportunity --- and dumping most of those coins into the well of experience in Kriegspire, for that matter ).

:devil:

Return to “Might and Magic”