Beta is out!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Sep 2006, 02:40

well if that is coorect, then let me thank god i have an ATI :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 11 Sep 2006, 15:25

stefan.urlus wrote:well if that is coorect, then let me thank god i have an ATI :D
Pretty funny considering it's Nvidia-biased game (see opening credits).

What error message do you get (if any)?

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 11 Sep 2006, 18:38

Actually on Sat. night I had a chance to play on one of Mana's servers (it was a new map someone made). That was a dream! Almost no lag, except when there were a lot of particles (unfortunately made whatever class has the red-sparkly spell - either priest or mage - a pain to kill). That was so much fun. The map had no flag capturing (there were flags but they were just static spawn points), just strait up deathmatch killing. It was really great, plus you level faster so you can get better spells and stuff sooner. It actually made me real excited for deathmatch mode on the retail version.

Everyone hypes up Crusade mode, but it's like 80% running around looking for stuff to kill - especially when the server is not completely full. This map was small enough that I didn't have to look far for a fight, and I usually had allies to back me up too (unlike Crusade where you may run into packs of 4-5 guys while you're alone because the maps are so big)

But anyways, I ordered a new graphics card. I just couldn't take my FX 5700 anymore :P I'll have to try it out again once the new card gets here. But I will say, if you don't have a fairly recent GFX card, multiplayer is not really playable even on lowest settings. You can get in there, but the lag is bad enough that you can't react fast enough and you'll just end up dying a lot.

Oh, and as for the error msg, I don't recall exactly but I think it's usually some DirectX error. I assume it's due to my graphics card not being fully supported. (I think the FX cards run partially off DX 8 instead of DX 9)

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 11 Sep 2006, 23:35

What? No link to the beta anywhere? :|
http://www.disciplesofsareth.com/darkme ... l?i=liQupV

I really couldn't find any link to the beta anywhere here :|

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 11 Sep 2006, 23:51

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 12 Sep 2006, 10:17

Double posting the same stuff :| think one thread and one link is enough :|

- Is that you Lab?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Sep 2006, 01:33

alright guys, the disciples linking thing is getting way old, and annoying to boot, can it be toned down pls??
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Might and Magic”