MP3 list for GrayFace patch

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Flodarien
Peasant
Peasant

MP3 list for GrayFace patch

Unread postby Flodarien » 12 Feb 2012, 17:22

I'm using GrayFace's patch, and I decided to try the MP3 fix. But now, even when numbering them from 1 to 16, it's all in the wrong order (Example: Exploring the Temple of Baa is playing on the title screen)

When I look at my CD tracks, I see that I have 17 tracks, although track 15 and 16 seems to be the same.

If it was possible to have a list of what goes where, it would be appreciated.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Re: MP3 list for GrayFace patch

Unread postby tolich » 13 Feb 2012, 05:32

Flodarien wrote:I'm using GrayFace's patch, and I decided to try the MP3 fix. But now, even when numbering them from 1 to 16, it's all in the wrong order (Example: Exploring the Temple of Baa is playing on the title screen)

When I look at my CD tracks, I see that I have 17 tracks, although track 15 and 16 seems to be the same.

If it was possible to have a list of what goes where, it would be appreciated.
http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm wrote:Create "Music" folder in the game directory and place there files from "2.mp3" to "16.mp3" corresponding to CD tracks. Set "PlayMP3" to 1. Unlike CD music, MP3 music volume is affected by Sound Volume you set in Settings menu, so it's a good idea to keep it at maximum.
Note that the first CD track is actually data track that contains part of setup data and the archive of larger movies.

Flodarien
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Flodarien » 13 Feb 2012, 12:18

Again, that doesn't explain why, if the game is supposed to have 15 tracks, and that the first is data, that my Windows Media player sees 17 tracks on the disc. The only thing that could be misleading, is that my original disc comes from the French localization of the game.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 13 Feb 2012, 17:13

That doesn't matter. Numbers must start from 2 for the first music track, not from 1. I belive that if you just rename them consequently from the end (to not override each other) then all will work as it supposed to.

Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Graff » 24 Mar 2012, 22:48

I did the music fix and I found these posts very helpful. I just downloaded all the music tracks from that site, created a music folder in the same place as the game, and then dragged all the songs to it after renaming them following the list near the bottom of the page.

viewtopic.php?t=11780

Return to “Might and Magic”