M&M9: What does the Blade GM do?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

M&M9: What does the Blade GM do?

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 24 Oct 2010, 10:52

The Blade GM skill differs, depending on the class that is Blade GM. What I don't get is the skill description in the manual. I have my "Melee" and "Ranged" damage and attackbonus but there is no such thing as "combat total" or "attack skill" on the character sheet. I pasted the Blade skill description from the manual here and put the terms I don't understand in bold letters.

Thanks.

Blade:

The Blade skill covers all types of blades shorter than 4 feet in length. At Normal level, the skill level is added to the character’s
Attack Bonus. At Expert level, the recovery penalty for the weapon is halved. At Master level, the skill permits the use of a sword in the shield hand for the purpose of two–weapon fighting (dual–wielding).

At Grandmaster level for the Paladin class, the skill provides an additional +1 bonus to the character’s combat total per skill level and a +1 bonus per skill level to the damage the character inflicts upon its target (this bonus only applies to bladed weapons). At Grandmaster level for the Gladiator class, the skill provides a +1 bonus per skill point to the character’s Armor Class, and an additional +1 bonus per skill point to the characters combat total (Bonus applies to only bladed weapons). At Grandmaster level for the Assassin class the skill provides a +1 bonus to the character’s attack skill for every 3 points of skill when wielding daggers.

Return to “Might and Magic”