MM7 party

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
bereciucas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7 party

Unread postby bereciucas » 02 Apr 2010, 11:32

Hi,
I just found this forum on the net and remembered the old days when I once played a fun setup in mm7.

I Created a 4xsorcerer party and limited myself to ONLY wearing rings, amulets and gloves. No armor, no staff, no cloak or others.
I remember recruiting those starting NPCs on emerald island that give +4 to spells (there also was one giving only + 2) specializing each one of the mages in 1 spell school.
So it was, Fire, water, air and earth, each skilled up to grandmaster on 1 of them while the rest of the points i dumped into dark magic for all 4 chars.
I remember the game was SOOOOO easy with that Shuriken whatever spell from dark magic. Sharpnel i think it was called. Felt almost like playing quake 2 with cheat codes. Even easier then mm8 with 1xtroll and the rest dragons.
I was just spaming the quick cast button while strafing trough anything that moved. My question now:

Did anyone here share the same experience with this setup? Especially early game if you are low lvl and recruir a NPC wich gives +4 to firebolt for the whole party. Is it also a viable setup for mm6?

Mamma Jamma
Peasant
Peasant

Re: MM7 party

Unread postby Mamma Jamma » 03 Apr 2010, 07:39

bereciucas wrote:Hi,
I just found this forum on the net and remembered the old days when I once played a fun setup in mm7.

I Created a 4xsorcerer party and limited myself to ONLY wearing rings, amulets and gloves. No armor, no staff, no cloak or others.
I remember recruiting those starting NPCs on emerald island that give +4 to spells (there also was one giving only + 2) specializing each one of the mages in 1 spell school.
So it was, Fire, water, air and earth, each skilled up to grandmaster on 1 of them while the rest of the points i dumped into dark magic for all 4 chars.
I remember the game was SOOOOO easy with that Shuriken whatever spell from dark magic. Sharpnel i think it was called. Felt almost like playing quake 2 with cheat codes. Even easier then mm8 with 1xtroll and the rest dragons.
I was just spaming the quick cast button while strafing trough anything that moved. My question now:

Did anyone here share the same experience with this setup? Especially early game if you are low lvl and recruir a NPC wich gives +4 to firebolt for the whole party. Is it also a viable setup for mm6?
It is even better in MM6! In MM6 a Spell Master gives you +4 to ALL spells, not just Elemental or Self. That is, with a wizard, a Spell Master works for Light and Dark also. I guess that in MM7 they realized that a Spell Master with magic bonus to all spells was too powerful and created NPCs with bonuses for Elemental spells (and only Elemental spells) or Self (Body, Spirit, Mind).

Return to “Might and Magic”