MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

Unread postby theorclair » 02 Nov 2023, 05:26

This is driving me nuts, but in 7 is there a way to keep the full screen while using the original display and not the borderless one? I had it done at one point but now disabling it just makes it shrink to a small box.

Also, I can't disable the wands sticking around after using all their charges in 7 or the attack spell thing. I put it in the ini and nothing happened.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 03 Nov 2023, 16:11

Rodril wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 13:59
Kinox wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 22:36 But, before I get to that branch, I want to at least finish MMMerge Base first (which I have never achieved).
I did not try it in Redone. It current version of Base TrainPerWeek(n) is functional: TrainPerWeek(2) correctly sets it to 2 levels per week. Also there is event related to training time, put this script into General or Global folder to see it in action:

Code: Select all

function events.CalcTrainingTime(t)
	-- t.Time - time taken
	-- t.House - house, where current character is about to train
	t.Time = const.Day -- spend one day, instead of one week
end
Hi; this sounds pretty valuable! Thanks! I'll certainly be trying those 2 features soon enough, in the MMMerge branches; then I'll mention, if I succeed or not. And it's good to know that, there is this additional, alternative possibible event.

It's because, right now, I just got installed MMMerge Redone; but there, unfortunately, I could'nt reproduce anything so far indeed.

vavi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vavi » 26 Dec 2023, 09:21

Hello. I have this error.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Debug Message at line 5 of ...- Day of the Destroyer\Scripts\Modules\PathfinderDll.lua:
Could not find MMPathfinder.dll - pathfinding disabled.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
...y of the Destroyer\Scripts\Global\MonsterPathfinding.lua:473: attempt to index global 'PathfinderDll' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
...y of the Destroyer\Scripts\Global\MonsterPathfinding.lua: in function 'v'
... VIII - Day of the Destroyer\Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:101: in function <... VIII - Day of the Destroyer\Scripts/Core/EventsList.lua:96>

local variables of 'v':
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "MonstersProcessed"
(*temporary) = (function: 0x1566ad00)
(*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'PathfinderDll' (a nil value)"

upvalues of 'v':
MonsterWays = (table: 0x158b36a0)
MonStuck = (table: 0x158b36c8)
PathfinderTick = (function: 0x1566b280)
PositionCheck = (function: 0x1566ad00)
IsOutdoor = false
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have MMPathfinder.dll in ExeMods folder. But game cant find it. How to fix?

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Dec 2023, 09:59

What is your operation system? Have you installed the game into "Program Files" folder?

vavi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vavi » 26 Dec 2023, 10:05

Rodril wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 09:59 What is your operation system? Have you installed the game into "Program Files" folder?
Win10 x64 LTSC. Game installed in C:\Games\Might and Magic VIII - Day of the Destroyer

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Dec 2023, 10:33

Please, do the following:
1. Launch the game.
2. On main menu press ctrl+f1 to open debug console.
3. Put this code there:

print(mem.dll["MMPathfinder"])
print(AppPath)
for i, v in path.find(AppPath .. "ExeMods\\*") do
	print(v.FileName)
end
4. Press ctrl + enter to execute it
5. Send output here.

vavi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vavi » 26 Dec 2023, 10:37

---- Log File Output: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nil
C:\Games\Might and Magic VIII - Day of the Destroyer\
MMExtension.dll
MMPathfinder.dll

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Dec 2023, 10:50

That's interesting. Cannot say why it happens. I'll respond later today.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 26 Dec 2023, 11:30

vavi wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 10:37 ---- Log File Output: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nil
C:\Games\Might and Magic VIII - Day of the Destroyer\
MMExtension.dll
MMPathfinder.dll
Apparently, there's unnecessary dependency in pathfinder library.
You need microsoft visual c redistributable to make it work in current state, you can get one here:
https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x86.exe

vavi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vavi » 26 Dec 2023, 11:36

It's working! Thank you, kind man.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 16 Feb 2024, 19:37

Rodril wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 13:59
Kinox wrote: 28 Oct 2023, 22:36 But, before I get to that branch, I want to at least finish MMMerge Base first (which I have never achieved).
I did not try it in Redone. It current version of Base TrainPerWeek(n) is functional: TrainPerWeek(2) correctly sets it to 2 levels per week. Also there is event related to training time, put this script into General or Global folder to see it in action:

function events.CalcTrainingTime(t)
	-- t.Time - time taken
	-- t.House - house, where current character is about to train
	t.Time = const.Day -- spend one day, instead of one week
end
Hello again;

As I've mentioned before, I'd bring some feedback, as I would restart playing MMMerge Base.

So, in principle, the script works nicely. And that's enough for the playability that I was looking for.

With just 2 caveats:

1) After Training, on this approach, the Time/clock doesn't automatically goes to 09:00 (am) as conventional Training operates. For some reason, it works, instead, as Travelling. E.g., if Trained at 05:59 (pm), then immediately after Training the Party ends up being at 05:59 (pm) on the next Day(s), instead of being at 09:00 (am) on the next Day(s). What I mean is that it would be nice if the original behavior were maintained.
PS: Maybe, a 'switcher' ON/OFF piece of code, that would allow to toggle between the 2 different ways? and that the default would be Time reseted to 09:00 (am)?

2) As I understand, the script (or something not shown behind its functionality) makes it that the Week (or at least the original 8 Days of Training), becomes the "1 Day"; this whole thing, in itself, solves lots of things in my opinion. But it would be even better if we could set/customize the amount of Days through the script. In such sense, for example: if we could play with the system and customize it even more freely (note that this is not about the Taining 'stacking functionality', which you've already rendered possible to customize in the script): 1 Day of Training (which is the default in the script), to 2 Days of Training, ..., or even 8 Days of Training (exactly like the 'Week' or 8 Days of the original), or even more! and, then, on top of that, we'd be still able to regulate the 'stacking functionality'!

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if a single script, code-block, in the Mod's context for this game, could handle (make it fit) all those different features/functionalities simultaneously; but it would be really nice if it could.
Anyways, thanks for the attention on the Modding upgrades and to the community! :applause:

Return to “Might and Magic”