Search found 456 matches

by Darmani
22 Jul 2022, 00:33
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Word of God on The Worldcrafters: Conversations with Geary Gravel
Replies: 6
Views: 2757

Re: Word of God on The Worldcrafters: Conversations with Geary Gravel

As promised, I am uploading scans of Geary's original notes, along with transcriptions of the more difficult-to-read pages: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ays ... zzTv8/edit
by Darmani
08 Jul 2022, 03:58

It was wondered whether we would actually encounter the Ancients in the planned next novel. Indeed, this was to be the case: Hitch and Diligence were indeed going to meet the Ancients in this novel. Unfortunately, the book was in the early planning stage when the plug was pulled, and I hadn't gotten...
by Darmani
05 Jul 2022, 03:46

What happened when The Worldcrafters was canceled? I just did a little googling and found these two references, the second a lot more faithful to the facts than the first: 1. https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Geary_Gravel Whoever wrote this said that after DW and SS I was asked to write a third ...
by Darmani
05 Jul 2022, 03:45

Second, it's been said that his novels capture the M&M aesthetic very quickly. This alas looks to be partially a coincidence, for he was told very little. In terms of the M&M aesthetic, it's nice to hear that people thought that, but truth be told, I had decided from the start to take the op...
by Darmani
05 Jul 2022, 03:36

First, two of the biggest mysteries. Who is this hooded figure who twice grants Hitch a powerful gift, speaks cryptically about future events, and then disappears? What is the secret of the yeofolk? A long time ago you had asked me about the "mysterious robed figure who gave Hitch the gifts.&qu...
by Darmani
05 Jul 2022, 03:34

Word of God on The Worldcrafters: Conversations with Geary Gravel

Hello fellow M&M fans! Many of you are aware of the M&M novels written in the 90's by Geary Gravel, The Dreamwright and The Shadowsmith, though they are hard to come across. (For anyone in Boston, we have one of the world's largest SF & Fantasy libraries, where I found them.) They're a f...
by Darmani
05 Mar 2021, 07:55
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Hero's Hour: HoMM with real-time combat
Replies: 5
Views: 8771

Hero's Hour: HoMM with real-time combat

I just got sent this new beauty: https://thingonitsown.itch.io/heros-hour?ac=qfCyYFQF-tw Hero's Hour is a game based on the Heroes of Might and Magic turnbased strategy games. "Hour" refers to the more fast-paced gameplay, with combat taking place on a real-time simulated battlefield. The ...
by Darmani
31 Oct 2020, 06:55
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Lost secrets of the pixel art masters
Replies: 0
Views: 1812

Lost secrets of the pixel art masters

It's been said for a while "NWC never managed to hire decent artists," "their games looked old when they came up," blah blah. But recently I had the need to look closely at some HoMM II art when working on Ironfist. And what I saw impressed me. For instance, if you're look me, yo...
by Darmani
26 Aug 2020, 08:26
Topic: Heroes II Soundtrack
Replies: 25
Views: 50088

Re: Heroes II Soundtrack

Nice! PAR keeps an active presence on YouTube; you can ask him! https://www.youtube.com/user/PAULanthonyROMERO/
by Darmani
16 Aug 2020, 05:52
Topic: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod
Replies: 101
Views: 163397

Re: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod

It’s been quiet in Enroth since the war. But there have been rumors something is afoot. Strange castles have been popping up. Some say that it’s the doing of ghosts come to revive the Ancient ruins lying around. Some say they’ve been sent by the gods to combat evil. Peasants report sightings of a me...
by Darmani
22 Jul 2018, 23:10
Topic: PSA: If HoMM II is freezing, restart your machine!
Views: 2524

PSA: If HoMM II is freezing, restart your machine!

We at the Ironfist team just discovered a very nasty bug in the original game, and wanted to warn other players about it. If your machine was booted more than 25 days ago, HoMM II will freeze for up to 600 hours whenever you pick up an object or defeat a monster. Explanation: Most of the timing in t...
by Darmani
22 Jul 2018, 22:57
Topic: HoMM 2 Save Editor
Replies: 2
Views: 6669

Re: HoMM 2 Save Editor

This looks cool! Nice work.

Feel free to reach out if you want any tips for adding new features. We (the Ironfist team) can tell you the ins and outs of the HoMM II save format and how to hex-edit it.
by Darmani
18 May 2018, 03:30
Topic: Was the Wait button in HoMM III a mistake?
Replies: 7
Views: 8661

Re: Was the Wait button in HoMM III a mistake?

Yep; I think it says something that they chose to disable it. Although, it could just be that they didn't have time to implement the AI for it.

Bandobras: I PMed you.
by Darmani
14 May 2018, 04:34
Topic: Was the Wait button in HoMM III a mistake?
Replies: 7
Views: 8661

Was the Wait button in HoMM III a mistake?

I just wrote up a long post on the Ironfist forums explaining why I believe adding the Wait button was a mistake, and why there will be no Wait button in Ironfist. I expect this to be a very contentious issue, and also something that many people here would be interested in reading, so I'm copying it...
by Darmani
14 May 2018, 04:31
Topic: Seeking EDITOR2W.exe
Views: 2057

Seeking EDITOR2W.exe

Hello all, Does anyone have a copy of the map editor executable (EDITOR2W.exe) from HoMM II: The Succession Wars (no expansion). I'm currently working on some enhancements to the Ironfist map editor.It will be very useful for reverse-engineering to compare it to the HoMM II: Gold version of EDITOR2W...
by Darmani
29 Aug 2017, 06:19

Shocking! The Cyber Kobold Spearman http://ironfi.st/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/kobold_portrait.png In their short time on Enroth , the Cyborgs have been busy turning the local creatures into an army. You’ve seen the Behemoth; now meet the Kobold. Although individually weak, kobolds make an attract...
by Darmani
12 Jul 2017, 17:00

Subdued and controlled by magical means, the Cyber Behemoths are cyclopes that have been augmented with cranial implants and cybernetic attachments. With their plasma cannon on their back and their jump powered by rocket boots, the Cyber Behemoths form the ultimate menace in the Cyborg army. You ha...
by Darmani
26 Oct 2016, 18:01

We are of course playtesting and refining our design continually. We are quite prepared to tweak or even throw away a creature if we decide doing so would be best for the game.

Anyway, as for the Cyber Behemoth: They are Level 6, very expensive, and grow slowly.

Go to advanced search