Search found 445 matches

by Darmani
Jul 22 2018, 23:10
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: PSA: If HoMM II is freezing, restart your machine!
Replies: 0
Views: 728

PSA: If HoMM II is freezing, restart your machine!

We at the Ironfist team just discovered a very nasty bug in the original game, and wanted to warn other players about it. If your machine was booted more than 25 days ago, HoMM II will freeze for up to 600 hours whenever you pick up an object or defeat a monster. Explanation: Most of the timing in t...
by Darmani
Jul 22 2018, 22:57
Topic: HoMM 2 Save Editor
Replies: 2
Views: 1383

Re: HoMM 2 Save Editor

This looks cool! Nice work.

Feel free to reach out if you want any tips for adding new features. We (the Ironfist team) can tell you the ins and outs of the HoMM II save format and how to hex-edit it.
by Darmani
May 18 2018, 3:30
Topic: Was the Wait button in HoMM III a mistake?
Replies: 7
Views: 2220

Re: Was the Wait button in HoMM III a mistake?

Yep; I think it says something that they chose to disable it. Although, it could just be that they didn't have time to implement the AI for it.

Bandobras: I PMed you.
by Darmani
May 14 2018, 4:34
Topic: Was the Wait button in HoMM III a mistake?
Replies: 7
Views: 2220

Was the Wait button in HoMM III a mistake?

I just wrote up a long post on the Ironfist forums explaining why I believe adding the Wait button was a mistake, and why there will be no Wait button in Ironfist. I expect this to be a very contentious issue, and also something that many people here would be interested in reading, so I'm copying it...
by Darmani
May 14 2018, 4:31
Topic: Seeking EDITOR2W.exe
Replies: 0
Views: 640

Seeking EDITOR2W.exe

Hello all, Does anyone have a copy of the map editor executable (EDITOR2W.exe) from HoMM II: The Succession Wars (no expansion). I'm currently working on some enhancements to the Ironfist map editor.It will be very useful for reverse-engineering to compare it to the HoMM II: Gold version of EDITOR2W...
by Darmani
Aug 29 2017, 6:19
Topic: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod
Replies: 93
Views: 77184

Re: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod

Shocking! The Cyber Kobold Spearman http://ironfi.st/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/kobold_portrait.png In their short time on Enroth , the Cyborgs have been busy turning the local creatures into an army. You’ve seen the Behemoth; now meet the Kobold. Although individually weak, kobolds make an attract...
by Darmani
Jul 12 2017, 17:00

Subdued and controlled by magical means, the Cyber Behemoths are cyclopes that have been augmented with cranial implants and cybernetic attachments. With their plasma cannon on their back and their jump powered by rocket boots, the Cyber Behemoths form the ultimate menace in the Cyborg army. You ha...
by Darmani
Oct 26 2016, 18:01

We are of course playtesting and refining our design continually. We are quite prepared to tweak or even throw away a creature if we decide doing so would be best for the game.

Anyway, as for the Cyber Behemoth: They are Level 6, very expensive, and grow slowly.
by Darmani
Oct 8 2016, 2:53

You'll have to ask the artist, Denis. I can tell you he used Photoshop. :)
by Darmani
Oct 3 2016, 23:12

Fear it: The Cyber Behemoth You’ve waited….and now it’s here. The Cyborgs have been busy upgrading the various creatures they find in order to help defeat the evil warlocks. They captured the most powerful creatures they could control, and built them into their ultimate weapon. The Cyber Behemoths ...
by Darmani
Sep 22 2016, 1:31

Dancing peasants and stability improvements: Ironfist 1.2.1 released Over at Ironfist HQ, we’ve been working hard on a fairly….explosive….new creature. Still, we thought we’d share an early treat with you by releasing a new version of Ironfist! We’ve done various minor stability tweaks, fixed the i...
by Darmani
Sep 6 2016, 14:14

Hey to all Heroes, Today we are proud to announce the first creature in our new Cyber Faction! http://ironfi.st/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/shadow_attack.gif It is the brand new Shadow Warrior! These Elite Warriors volunteered to be augmented with cyber-enhancements to make them the ultimate stealth ...
by Darmani
Aug 18 2016, 22:48

We’ve been cooking some things up over the last few months, and it’s finally all come together. Ironfist 1.2 is here! The scripting system has been substantially improved. Want to track every square that each hero has stepped on? Now easy thanks to new improvements to map variables. Multiple new tri...
by Darmani
Jun 20 2016, 21:06

Hello Everyone! Today I’m proud to announce a great development in Project IRONFIST! - as you all know the last few years have been a little quiet, but here over the past few months we have been re-igniting the engines of war! ….. and the progress has been amazing! Ironfist has gotten a new overhaul...
by Darmani
Jul 8 2015, 2:47

I'm personally pretty excited to see what people do with the newest feature: You can, at any point during the game, give a player "shared vision," allowing them to see everything that an enemy or ally can.
by Darmani
Mar 21 2015, 21:54
Topic: Looking for HoMM II SW Sorceress theme tabs (or midi)
Replies: 5
Views: 3037

Wait, you can convert XMI to MIDI? How? (I mean, I know XMI are just eXtended MIDI files, but what tool can convert them?)
by Darmani
May 7 2014, 8:11
Topic: about Necromamcy targeted creature in Heroes2w.exe
Replies: 12
Views: 5082

I don't have time to be as thorough in my writeup, but here's what I found: Everything we're concerned with is in the combatManager::ShowSkeletons method. The first thing of interest is the line: iconWidget::iconWidget(v7, 173, 270, 32, 30, "mons32.icn", 47, 0, 900, 16, 1); This cr...
by Darmani
May 1 2014, 4:46

Sure! I'll make a note to take a stab at it after I finish preparing the talk I'm giving Monday.
by Darmani
Apr 29 2014, 4:37

Yeah, I was just thinking about this the other day and I realized that would probably happen. I could probably dig that up too if it really bothers you.

Go to advanced search