MMX: Legacy Info

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

MMX: Legacy Info

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Jan 2014, 16:51

Might and Magic X: Legacy Summary

Release info

Developer: Limbic Entertainment
Release: Jan. 23 2013 (on schedule)
Editions: Deluxe Box edition (Europe), Deluxe digital edition, Standard digital edition.
Online activation: Yes, required, first time via UPlay. Offline mode, without bonuses/achievements, is supported
Official sites: homepage and open dev blog.
Official forum: Ubisoft forums - Might and Magic - Might & Magic X Legacy.
Reviews: Celestial Heavens; other reviews here.

System requirements:
Minimal
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.5GHz OR AMD Athlon 4800+ @ 2.5GHz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: nVidia GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD3870 (512MB VRAM)
HDD space: 10 GB free

*Be careful here. It should run on WinXP but it's not officially supported. Ubisoft also recommend 64bits version of the system. If you have just 32bits, prepare yourself to live with MEDIUM quality textures and without party and monsters barks, ambient sounds and voiceover.

Optimal
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 2.4GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon HD7970 (2048MB VRAM)
HDD space: 10 GB free

See Ubisoft page with requirements.

FAQ
I changed textures quality in the menu during game to no effect?
You need to change settings in main menu before you start to play the game, otherwise they are not applied.

Is modding supported?
If you're willing to spent a fortune on official developer kit then yes. Otherwise if you're expecting mod folder ready to place your mods, then no

~Last time edited by Pol 26/02/14 19:52
Last edited by Anonymous on 08 Feb 2014, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Jan 2014, 21:48

Free Q&A on reddit.com
Living video interview - 4hrs
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

zeus-online
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby zeus-online » 16 Oct 2014, 22:22

So, do you guys like this game? :)

Bronwin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bronwin » 28 Oct 2014, 14:18

I like it. But I miss the active forums and help sites that were so abundunt for the earlier games.

antipaladin
Peasant
Peasant

Re: MMX: Legacy Info

Unread postby antipaladin » 27 Mar 2020, 20:53

i dont suppose anyone have a good list of eastereggs in this game ?

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 28 Mar 2020, 23:42

Last edited by Anubis on 13 Apr 2020, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 10 May 2020, 10:33

I was part of the WIP team on this one, sadly ubisoft deemed any sequel not cashworthy and sacked the whole deal :(
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 17 Jun 2021, 23:43

Ubisoft has shut down the MMX server.

As the game checks whether you're signed on to the server in order to progress past act 1, this poses some difficulty in playing the game.

From: https://steamcommunity.com/app/238750/d ... 100513179/

Apparently, Ubisoft's MMX Servers were turned off on June 1st. I first noticed this when the Fort Laegeaire quest didn't appear when I entered Karthal. Not thinking that much of it, I started a new game and noticed that the Crag Hack etc. relics were missing. It wasn't until Lev's dialog option to travel to the Elemental Forge was grayed out did I realize something was very, very wrong.

There is a workaround which I found courtesy of E-balsa. Make a backup before editing then
in \Might and Magic X Legacy\Might and Magic X\ Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\Dialog\LevDialog.xml

Delete all four instances of:
<condition xsi:type="PrivilegeUnlockedCondition" privilegeID="1001" failState="DISABLED" />

Note that the bridge just south of Seahaven remains blocked, but you can travel by horse from Sorpigal to Seahaven. I don't know how to get back the bonus content...but being able to play the game past the 1st act is a major improvement.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 19 Jun 2021, 20:15

In addition to the above, to make the bridge passable from the start of a new game, go into
StreamingAssets/Maps/theworld.xml and look for:

<Slot Height="6.13505" Terrain="BLOCKED" TerrainSound="NONE" MapArea="ASHEN_HILLS">
<Position>
<X>106</X>
<Y>67</Y>
</Position>

Change "BLOCKED" to "PASSABLE" and you'll be able to walk through the wagon, with the added advantage of being able to get Expert in skills like Shield or Spear without having to go through all of Act One.

(Tested this quickly once, but if it worked once with a new game, it should work every time.)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

DaveO
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby DaveO » 20 Jun 2021, 12:50

I hope somebody like GoG just buys out the rights to both M&M and Heroes. It's pretty clear Ubisoft itself is a very shady company and not interested in providing long or short term support(look at HoMM7 as proof).
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 20 Jun 2021, 14:06

Honestly, MMX makes so much more sense with Seahaven available early that I wouldn't be surprised if blocking off the bridge were an executive idea rather than a designer idea.

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 29 Jul 2021, 10:32

Bandobras Took wrote:Ubisoft has shut down the MMX server.

As the game checks whether you're signed on to the server in order to progress past act 1, this poses some difficulty in playing the game.

From: https://steamcommunity.com/app/238750/d ... 100513179/

Apparently, Ubisoft's MMX Servers were turned off on June 1st. I first noticed this when the Fort Laegeaire quest didn't appear when I entered Karthal. Not thinking that much of it, I started a new game and noticed that the Crag Hack etc. relics were missing. It wasn't until Lev's dialog option to travel to the Elemental Forge was grayed out did I realize something was very, very wrong.

There is a workaround which I found courtesy of E-balsa. Make a backup before editing then
in \Might and Magic X Legacy\Might and Magic X\ Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\Dialog\LevDialog.xml

Delete all four instances of:
<condition xsi:type="PrivilegeUnlockedCondition" privilegeID="1001" failState="DISABLED" />

Note that the bridge just south of Seahaven remains blocked, but you can travel by horse from Sorpigal to Seahaven. I don't know how to get back the bonus content...but being able to play the game past the 1st act is a major improvement.
This is excellent info, thanks. Lev dialogue worked for me, off to Forge now & will then see what happens with the bridge to Seahaven. If it's blocked, I'll unblock it with the workaround shown in the post below this one

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 29 Jul 2021, 11:52

Bandobras Took wrote:In addition to the above, to make the bridge passable from the start of a new game, go into
StreamingAssets/Maps/theworld.xml and look for:

<Slot Height="6.13505" Terrain="BLOCKED" TerrainSound="NONE" MapArea="ASHEN_HILLS">
<Position>
<X>106</X>
<Y>67</Y>
</Position>

Change "BLOCKED" to "PASSABLE" and you'll be able to walk through the wagon, with the added advantage of being able to get Expert in skills like Shield or Spear without having to go through all of Act One.

(Tested this quickly once, but if it worked once with a new game, it should work every time.)
So this didn't work for me, although the coach route is now open. Any ideas?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Jul 2021, 12:58

Please check it for solutions here:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/11/17331

Meanwhile Ubisoft is still seeking some way around, how to remove MMX:Legacy online DRM, so they could continue selling it.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 28 Oct 2021, 10:29

DRM problem was officially solved on 20 Oct 2021.

From @UbisoftSupport:
An update on Might and Magic X Legacy

UBISOFT
On June 1st. we made the decision to remove Might & Magic X - Legacy from sale following an unexpected issue that occurred after we shut down various services for cosecurity reasons, which prevented players from accessing some parts of the game and its DLCs. Our teams have spent the last few months investigating and testing the different solutions to make sure players' experience lives up to our standards in terms of quality of service. Today, we're happy to announce that all conditions are met to bring the game back to the Ubisoft Store and to Steam, and that new and returning players can now venture into the wide and mysterious world of Ashan again. In addition to the base game, we also took this opportunity to give all fans of Might & Magic X - Legacy the freedom to extend their adventure by accessing the DLC "The Falcon & the Unicorn", entirely for free.

Karol
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Karol » 01 Dec 2023, 12:32

UBI quality support : so good, that it forces people to pirate a game, they actually paid for, just to play it....

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 13 Mar 2024, 22:00

They just need to take the M&M VII, VIII engine and make a game. I does not need better graphics, they were already great. It's blazing fast and load time is about 1 second.

Return to “Might and Magic”