Heroes of Might and Magic IV
→ The Winds of War
Heroes of Might and Magic IV: Winds of War
Written by Erica "Harukaba" Marceau.
Heroes of Might and Magic IV: Winds of War was released in February 25, 2003 and is the second and final expansion. In each of the six campaigns you take the role of a leader of a country who, for various reasons, has set their eye on the Life kingdom of Channon and wants to conquer the capital city of Rylos for their own. Spazz Maticus the Witch King (Chaos), Mongo the Barbarian (Might), Mysterio the Magnificent the Battle Mage (Order), Erutan Revol the Beastmaster (Nature), and Baron Von Tarkin the Dark Lord (Death).
Winds of War adds several enhancements to the map editor the biggest of which are customizable object paintbrushes, cut/copy/paste of objects and text, find object, and others. NWC included 27 maps as well as 20 maps made by those who won the NWC sponsored Map contest. Three new creatures were introduced each of which has a new ability; Catapult for Life which has the Siege Capable and Greek Fire abilities, Frenzied Gnasher for Might which has 100% magic resistant and is also berserked, and the MegaDragon for Chaos has the Arc Breath Attack and is 50% magic resistant. The Siege Capable ability combines the Long Range and No Obstacle Penalties, Greek Fire allows ranged attacks to strike all targets, friendly or hostile near the target, with deadly fire, and the Arc Breath Attack allows it to attack with a blast of fire that may also harm creatures behind an enemy target. Finally, there are six new creature generators which allows the hiring of the new creatures introduces in both expansions except for the MegaDragon.
The six campaigns are as follows.
- To Rule the World consists of three maps and features Spazz Maticus the Witch King who rules the small island nation of Orilios and wants to expand his nation's borders.
- Barbarian Hordes consists of three maps and features Mongo the Barbarian who is sent to conquer the kingdom of Channon.
- The Magnificent One consists of three maps and features Mysterio the Magnificent the Battle Mage who learns that Channon has the secret of immortality but refuses to give it to Mysterio who then decides to take it by force.
- Enough is Enough consists of three maps and features Erutan Revol the Beastmaster who attacks Channon because he is upset at them cutting down too many trees.
- Death March consists of three maps and features Baron Von Tarkin the Dark Lord who grows tired of ruling over Korresan and decides to take over the surrounding kingdoms starting with Channon.
- The Last Bastion consists of one map and is the final battle against Rylos, the capital of Channon. The twist of this map is that you pick from among the five heroes you played as in the five previous campaigns and battle against them as you try to take over Rylos.
|koffil at 2008-08-05 19:46 wrote:|
|officially. for next expansion\game is axeroth, who have a campaign to kill the winner and rise channon, fo example.
there is no more expansion for heroes 4\in axeroth
sorry about the english
|Guarderman at 2008-08-05 19:27 wrote:|
|if it's the last map in the last campaign, you decide. the winner are probably you, so you choose.|
|koffil at 2008-08-04 17:10 wrote:|
|nobody can anwer?|
|koffil at 2008-07-31 13:23 wrote:|
|I have a question-who was the winner in the The Last Bastion?|
|craziii at 2007-05-22 14:13 wrote:|
|heroes compendium would be great, no more searching for the millions of patches when we reinstall.|
|Slaughter1311 at 2006-10-31 23:12 wrote:|
|try gamestop, or eb games. both usually have a pretty good pc game selection|
|blackdrgonslyr at 2006-08-09 17:52 wrote:|
|Has any one seen the Mega Dragon Stats and the Azure Dragon Stats? They are the same!|
|blackdrgonslyr at 2006-08-09 16:06 wrote:|
|Amazon.com or Ebay. Also, if you type into google, yahoo, ask jeeves, or dogpile, Winds of War youll get plenty of sites touy it on to|
|cat_andrei1 at 2006-06-19 11:02 wrote:|
|Where I can find the expansions The Winds of War ?|
|dallasmavs41 at 2006-03-24 11:40 wrote:|
Edited on Mon, Mar 27 2006, 14:20 by dallasmavs41
|anakha at 2005-10-06 08:26 wrote:|
|And now, you can get Heroes 4 complete (= Original game + both expansions) for a bargain!|
|Ivanmoe at 2005-07-31 19:44 wrote:|
|Saw many copies of WOW at Best Buy last week|
|daegon at 2005-07-29 14:48 wrote:|
|Margie, Look on ebay or Amazon.com
Average price, $20 for Gathering Storm and $50 for Winds of War.
|norman_dan at 2005-07-21 20:31 wrote:|
|Hey Try EBAY|
|HodgePodge at 2005-06-24 01:16 wrote:|
|As of this point in time, your best bet would be to look a either Ebay or another Internet site. There is a rumor that the new owners of the Heroes series (UbiSoft) is going to release a complete Heroes Compendium (Heroes I - IV with all the expansions & patches). Keep checking here or at the fourms for any information regarding this.|
|margie414 at 2005-06-23 19:28 wrote:|
|I am searching for anyone who can tell me where I can obtain the H4 expansions (The Gathering Storm and Winds of War) I was foolish and didn't buy them when they first came out and now they are almost impossible to find. Appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks