Welcome Visitor [sign up] news downloads walkthroughs forums about  
Welcome to Celestial Heavens! - all things Might and Magic
sections
 
my account
Username
Password
  Forgot password?
  Home
  Submit Map
  Contact Us
 
my account
  Academy Guide 3.1
  Artifacts
  Creature Abilities
  First Month Utopia
  Hero Screen
  Inferno TotE Guide
  New Sylvan Strategy
  Screenshots
  Skill Wheel
  Spells
  Story
  Unofficial Guide
 
my account
  Hammers of Fate
  Tribes of the East
 
my account
  Academy
  Dungeon
  Fortress
  Haven
  Inferno
  Necropolis
  Sylvan
 
my account
  Maps
  Mods
  Patches
 
my account
  Forums
  Equilibris Mod
  LotA
  Thunder Maps
  Wake of Gods Mod
  More Links
 
my account
  Interviews
  Map Reviews
  Special Features
 
my account
H7: Would you prefer 2D or 3D townscreens?
2D
3D
I don't care.
game selector


News  → Patch 1.3 Launches, Black Hole Replaced

There is a post on the official forum saying that patch 1.3 will be live tonight.

It also confirms what some have suspected already: Black Hole Entertainment are no longer working with Heroes VI. The German company Limbic Entertainment have taken over.
Comments
ywhtptgtfo at 2012-04-26 11:38 wrote:
>Her

As far as I am concerned, it's a "he". I played as a male Exile and I don't care if the canon made him a girl with a corny name to appease feminists out there.

Avonu at 2012-04-26 06:04 wrote:
>>>the story sucked for NWN1, but the game shines because it's quite revolutionary for its time and, IMO, has the best UI design and possibly the best-implemented D&D platform.
Agree. The story is not bad however, it is bad because of how it was told. The same story In KotOR (even some dialogues are the same!) does not suck, but it is because the plot was told in different manner.

>>>Actually... It is commonly stated that the PC is especially sensitive to force-sensitives around him (more so than typical Jedi's) and that the death of so many of them in Malachor V caused him to cut his connection.
Her
ywhtptgtfo at 2012-04-26 05:36 wrote:
>Thing is, NWN1 had a plot... and it was annoying... you may ***** about Kreia, but elf paladin lady was an idiot, and her boyfriend worse, and all i could think of was that if the game didn't stop me i could have avoided everything by slapping sense into them early in the story...

I agree... the story sucked for NWN1, but the game shines because it's quite revolutionary for its time and, IMO, has the best UI design and possibly the best-implemented D&D platform.

The expansions do feature much better stories though (i.e. HotU).

>Frankly any other reaction would have made the PC look like an idiot for not figuring it out...

I think she should've hidden that fact until the around the time she killed the Jedi's.

>Still, it was implied that the real reason why Nihilus and that power killed was because those ppl where unwilling/unable to live without the Force... something the PC could, which is why he/she survived Malachor...

Actually... It is commonly stated that the PC is especially sensitive to force-sensitives around him (more so than typical Jedi's) and that the death of so many of them in Malachor V caused him to cut his connection. At the same time, what destroyed Malachor V is a device that creates strong gravitational distortions.

These are two different concepts and the game has never said one must cut off from the force in order to survive the battle of Malachor V.

ThunderTitan at 2012-04-22 17:05 wrote:
>>Yeah, I am one of those who would rather have no plot in a game if having a plot meant an increased likelihood of memory corruption.<<

Thing is, NWN1 had a plot... and it was annoying... you may bitch about Kreia, but elf paladin lady was an idiot, and her boyfriend worse, and all i could think of was that if the game didn't stop me i could have avoided everything by slapping sense into them early in the story...

But really, nwn2 with patches ran fine... and you'd think by now you know not to buy a
ny game when it comes out and wait for patches...

>>Maybe you should ask yourself what destroyed Malachor V...<<

The power of plot device...

Still, it was implied that the real reason why Nihilus and that power killed was because those ppl where unwilling/unable to live without the Force... something the PC could, which is why he/she survived Malachor...

>>Yeah... with her mentioning that she was a Sith Lord in the middle of a trip to a slum planet with the PC taking the relevation like any other bit of trivia. Yeah, it's so totally smart of her to trick everyone in the end because everyone else is like "oh we know she's evil but we are still going to be sheeps. yippie!".<<

Frankly any other reaction would have made the PC look like an idiot for not figuring it out...

Don't look at it like if she made ppl think she was pretending and people bought it, but as if she was telling them the truth and that's what made them all be affected... it's just that no one figured that she wanted to kill the Force...
ywhtptgtfo at 2012-04-21 19:18 wrote:
> The fact that you point to the Wookiepedia entry on Kreia is just more proof of your ignorance. Obsidian has no say in what is canon and what is not canon. In fact, many of the ideas established by Obsidian were either ignored, erased, or distorted.

Except discrepancies and potentially non-canon perspectives tend to be documented. Is it infallible? Probably not, but a lot of its contents on the issue are quite consistent with what was being discussed in those old threads in the OE official forums.

>Second, this kind of paradoxical idea is pretty common in fantasy

Yes sure... except the conjectures you made were not really substantiated. I am not the one who advocated the view that a wound in the force equates to being disconnected from the force. I don't think the game made such an assertion either. It appears to be an artifact of your creation that also happens to be not making much sense.

>Did you also miss the fact that the other characters had dark secrets too? Atton used to be an assassin working for the Sith, Bao-Dur created the Mass Shadow Generator, Visas is Nihilus's apprentice, HK-47 was built by Revan and killed who knows how many Jedi for the Sith, G0-T0 is one of the biggest crime bosses in the galaxy, etc.

The only example that fits your description that I remember is Atton who did get owned by the old lady. But the rest? We kind of know almost everything about that blind girl and big floating ball quite early on and I don't quite remember HK-47 being ever blackmailed about his previous actions (if anything, he'd be bragging about that).

parcaleste at 2012-04-21 09:51 wrote:
:canthear:

vicheron at 2012-04-21 09:50 wrote:
>There were extensive debates in the Obsidian Entertainment forums on many aspects of the plot with active participation from developers... so it's not like I played the game for 1 hour and made the verdict. Here's a good read from Wookiepedia, which is about as "canon" as it can get for Star Wars:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Traya

What does there being extensive debates on the Obsidian forums have to do with you not knowing about the game? How is your awareness of that change the fact that you clearly didn't pay much attention to the story of KotoR2?

The fact that you point to the Wookiepedia entry on Kreia is just more proof of your ignorance. Obsidian has no say in what is canon and what is not canon. In fact, many of the ideas established by Obsidian were either ignored, erased, or distorted.

>Since KOTOR 2 sucked, I don't really want to get into a full debate on it. But here's one point I felt like addressing above all:

I suppose because he's this super deux-ex blackhole, he can pull a force choke on that blind wannabe Sith girl and yet not be connected to the force. It's like a mage who absorbs mana, can cast lightning bolt, but is not connected to magic itself. Yeah... that totally makes sense... even in a fantasy setting.

First of all, no one ever said that Nihilus wasn't connected to the Force at all. He is a hole in the Force because he survived being cut off from the Force and then regained that connection. Kreia's power wouldn't work on Nihilus not because he is completely cut off from the Force but because he has already survived it and it is the source of his hunger.

Second, this kind of paradoxical idea is pretty common in fantasy. In a lot of fiction, the concept of oblivion is given some kind of representation or intelligence. Look at the whole "Blackest Night" arc in the Green Lantern comics. Look at the "God of Death" in the Half-Dead campaign in Heroes 4. Look at D&D, especially the Planescape and Far Realm stuff.

>Yeah... with her mentioning that she was a Sith Lord in the middle of a trip to a slum planet with the PC taking the relevation like any other bit of trivia. Yeah, it's so totally smart of her to trick everyone in the end because everyone else is like "oh we know she's evil but we are still going to be sheeps. yippie!".

So did you miss all the parts where the other characters actually tried to break Kreia's influence over them and fail?

Did you also miss the fact that the other characters had dark secrets too? Atton used to be an assassin working for the Sith, Bao-Dur created the Mass Shadow Generator, Visas is Nihilus's apprentice, HK-47 was built by Revan and killed who knows how many Jedi for the Sith, G0-T0 is one of the biggest crime bosses in the galaxy, etc. The Exile her/himself was responsible for the destruction of Malachor V. You're not dealing with a bunch of boy scouts here. What exactly did you expect them to do about Kreia beyond what they already did? Especially considering how they don't have any real proof of Kreia being a Sith Lord.

Also, even though Kreia always hints at having a connection to the Sith, she doesn't actually reveal the fact that she was a Sith Lord until much later in the game.
Edited on Sat, Apr 21 2012, 07:18 by vicheron
ywhtptgtfo at 2012-04-21 00:57 wrote:
>Oh, you're one of those...

Yeah, I am one of those who would rather have no plot in a game if having a plot meant an increased likelihood of memory corruption.

>Besides the fact that you and those 2 guys where immune to it on account of surviving malachor?

Maybe you should ask yourself what destroyed Malachor V...

>Dude, the best manipulations are those that you know are manipulations and yet still work... i mean everyone was talking about Kreia being shady half the time...

Yeah... with her mentioning that she was a Sith Lord in the middle of a trip to a slum planet with the PC taking the relevation like any other bit of trivia. Yeah, it's so totally smart of her to trick everyone in the end because everyone else is like "oh we know she's evil but we are still going to be sheeps. yippie!".

Kalah at 2012-04-20 23:55 wrote:
:D

hellegennes at 2012-04-20 23:44 wrote:
Ok boss; whatever you say boss; boss you boss, boss.

Kalah at 2012-04-20 19:02 wrote:
Blasphemer!! :P
ywhtptgtfo at 2012-04-20 18:16 wrote:
>And yes, this is a place for all M&M games, including the Heroes series and other games in the franchise

Strange... I thought Age of Heroes is the only HoMM site in the universe.

Kalah at 2012-04-20 18:00 wrote:
"Member"? Owner , thank you very much. But you can call me "boss". ;)

And yes, this is a place for all M&M games, including the Heroes series and other games in the franchise. We don't even stop you from discussing other games - heck, we even have a separate forum for it. :-D

XEL II at 2012-04-20 16:59 wrote:
I was sure someone would come out and say that. I just didn't expect it would be you. :p
Probably because it is an MM website and Kalah is a member of the site's staff. Though CH is still a website about Heroes, too, as well as all the other part of MM franchise.

hellegennes at 2012-04-20 16:50 wrote:
I was sure someone would come out and say that. I just didn't expect it would be you. :p

Kalah at 2012-04-20 15:54 wrote:
It's not. It's an M&M website. ;)

hellegennes at 2012-04-20 15:51 wrote:
And I thought Celestial Heavens was a Heroes website.

ThunderTitan at 2012-04-20 14:45 wrote:
>(which has a stupid cartoony feel
I'd much rather play through a game with minimal narrative<

Oh, you're one of those...


>that spell Kreia used to kill all those Jedi was cool, but then it made me wonder why she didn't use it on her fellow Sith Lords in the first place.<

Besides the fact that you and those 2 guys where immune to it on account of surviving malachor?

Yeah, the "cut off from teh force" thing wasn't explained very well and it was just a plot device, but it works if you go more with the wound in the force stuff... too bad the canon guys at lucasart went the other way...

> Also... everyone in that game's as gullible as a brain-dead American living under the bible belt and ripe to be manipulated by that very subtle and completely innocent-looking old lady.<

Dude, the best manipulations are those that you know are manipulations and yet still work... i mean everyone was talking about Kreia being shady half the time...



>Which basically means the story sucked at the moment it's supposed to explain everything and tie up the loose ends.<

Imo they explained it just fine, what was missing is and actually complex ending where your choices make a difference and your companions matter...
ywhtptgtfo at 2012-04-20 00:20 wrote:
>Nope, you either missed a lot of the dialogue or didn't pay attention.

There were extensive debates in the Obsidian Entertainment forums on many aspects of the plot with active participation from developers... so it's not like I played the game for 1 hour and made the verdict. Here's a good read from Wookiepedia, which is about as "canon" as it can get for Star Wars:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Traya

Since KOTOR 2 sucked, I don't really want to get into a full debate on it. But here's one point I felt like addressing above all:

>Nihilus is not connected to the Force in any traditional sense but he has power over the Force because he's basically a black hole that sucks up the Force.

I suppose because he's this super deux-ex blackhole, he can pull a force choke on that blind wannabe Sith girl and yet not be connected to the force. It's like a mage who absorbs mana, can cast lightning bolt, but is not connected to magic itself. Yeah... that totally makes sense... even in a fantasy setting.

vicheron at 2012-04-19 22:54 wrote:
>Her story is very simple. She lost faith in the "light side" because Revan fell. Then she lost her faith in the "dark side" after she got overthrown. At the time of KOTOR 2's beginning, she felt neither side is stronger and that she wanted to destroy the force because she was sick of its manipulation. She's enarmoured with the PC because the PC can live without the force whereas Jedi's tend to die without it.

Oh yeah, the whole concept of "light side" and "dark side" is bull and I personally don't take the Star Wars cosmology seriously, but KOTOR 1's a great game so I got KOTOR 2.

Nope, you either missed a lot of the dialogue or didn't pay attention.

If you pay attention then you'll notice a lot of clues that hint at her true beliefs and intentions.

Turning to the Dark side wasn't a matter of faith for Kreia, it was a matter of curiosity. She never lost faith in the Dark side because she never had faith in it. She was simply disappointed by Nihilus and Sion, who became slaves to their powers. Instead of using the Dark side to serve their own goals, they succumbed to their addiction to its powers.

Kreia does not want to destroy the Force. When Disciple asks her about her desire to destroy the Force, she rebukes him by asking him why she would do such a thing and what she could possibly gain from it. There's also some dialogue with the Exile that hints at her wanting to save the Force.

>Darth Sion (who btw suddenly became a good little boy to her in the end)? He's not cut off. Also, this stupid concept of Nihilus being a "hole" is dumb. How can you not be connected to but wield it at the same time?

Nihilus is not connected to the Force in any traditional sense but he has power over the Force because he's basically a black hole that sucks up the Force.

As for Sion, the whole point of the character is that even though he thinks of himself as a master of his own destiny, deep down, he is really a slave, subservient to his addiction to the Dark side. Kreia is able to control him because without his master, the only thing Sion has to live for is pain.

>It's obvious to the player because the player is usually not as dumb as a pile of bricks. I don't see anyone who comes off as even remotely intelligent in the game except for Kreia. The Siths? Idiots. The Sith henchmen? Idiots. The handmaiden and sisters? Mean girls. That bisexual ex-Jedi kid? Juvenile. Mira? Juvenile. Tattoo-face? Can't imagine he headed The Manhattan Project. T3-E4 and AK-47? Smartest guys in the game - because they aren't human.

Sure... you are right that she does use blackmail, but I think those tools listened to her largely because of something else... like stupidity.

No, if you actually played the game then you'll notice that the other characters outright say that they don't trust Kreia. They actively plot against Kreia and try to free themselves from her influence. There are even several scenes where they try to confront Kreia but are defeated or mind controlled by her.

And how exactly does being blackmailed and mind controlled make them stupid?
ywhtptgtfo at 2012-04-19 18:39 wrote:
>You completely missed the point of the game.

Nope, I didn't.

>A lot of the things in the game, like Kreia's true intentions, are meant to be open to interpretation. There's already a ton of clues to what Kreia really wants. Much of it tends to be subtle and you have to look at it like a mystery story.

Her story is very simple. She lost faith in the "light side" because Revan fell. Then she lost her faith in the "dark side" after she got overthrown. At the time of KOTOR 2's beginning, she felt neither side is stronger and that she wanted to destroy the force because she was sick of its manipulation. She's enarmoured with the PC because the PC can live without the force whereas Jedi's tend to die without it.

Oh yeah, the whole concept of "light side" and "dark side" is bull and I personally don't take the Star Wars cosmology seriously, but KOTOR 1's a great game so I got KOTOR 2.

>The power Kreia used on the Jedi Masters doesn't work on the Sith Lords because it's used to sever a person's connection with the Force but since Nihilus is already a hole in the Force, it's useless against him.

Darth Sion (who btw suddenly became a good little boy to her in the end)? He's not cut off. Also, this stupid concept of Nihilus being a "hole" is dumb. How can you not be connected to but wield it at the same time?

>People in the game are not gullible. It's very obvious from the start that Kreia is manipulating everyone.

It's obvious to the player because the player is usually not as dumb as a pile of bricks. I don't see anyone who comes off as even remotely intelligent in the game except for Kreia. The Siths? Idiots. The Sith henchmen? Idiots. The handmaiden and sisters? Mean girls. That bisexual ex-Jedi kid? Juvenile. Mira? Juvenile. Tattoo-face? Can't imagine he headed The Manhattan Project. T3-E4 and AK-47? Smartest guys in the game - because they aren't human.

Sure... you are right that she does use blackmail, but I think those tools listened to her largely because of something else... like stupidity.
Edited on Thu, Apr 19 2012, 14:40 by ywhtptgtfo

Toejam at 2012-04-19 18:13 wrote:
Hey, not to worry people

since it's almost end of april, and according to the scedule, patch 1.4 is nearly here ... lmao ;) :-D

Kalah at 2012-04-19 14:18 wrote:
It looks like they aimed the game at a larger audience, not a bad strategy, but with the benefit of hindsight probably unwise. Instead, a better strategy might have been to make it really appealing to the core fans, who would in turn have promoted it better. I guess it all depends upon the actual sales figures, which we haven't gotten yet.

Groovy at 2012-04-19 12:22 wrote:
I do believe these changes were interesting on paper. I do not.
May be they were interesting for extremely clueless outsider. :jester:
Does anyone know who was Ubisoft's target market for H6? I get the impression that the kind of game that I wanted H6 to be and the kind of game that Ubisoft was trying to make were poles apart. Which tells me that I simply wasn't in the target market rather than that the changes failed to deliver.

Dalai at 2012-04-19 10:35 wrote:
I do believe Limbic is a good developer - Anno series is a great reference. But I also believe that game-design-wise H6 is stillborn. So they would better charge Ubisoft twice the normal rate for unavoidable reputation risk. Upfront.

I do believe these changes were interesting on paper. I do not.
May be they were interesting for extremely clueless outsider. :jester:

To keep any game series alive you have to try new things – sometimes these things work, sometimes they don’t But there is a big difference between trying thought out innovations and just making random changes for the sake of changes. :devious:
There are also traditions like "Titan or Black Dargon?" which have to be honored. But one should at least be aware if their existence, which does not seem to be the case with Ubisoft and their cheap subcontractors.

areas where I am proud of the work we did Can you please give some examples? Especially considering "Being only a freelancer and not having participated in any business decisions". I fail to see them :tired: , and people at Ubisoft Community Relations neither talk to communities nor establish relations. ;|

Metathron at 2012-04-19 09:01 wrote:
I tend to side with hellegenes in the sense I agree the changes give a new breath to the series, less randomness.

A little less randomness when leveling up would have been appreciated. What we have now in sterility.

vicheron at 2012-04-19 06:03 wrote:
>Which basically means the story sucked at the moment it's supposed to explain everything and tie up the loose ends. You know... that spell Kreia used to kill all those Jedi was cool, but then it made me wonder why she didn't use it on her fellow Sith Lords in the first place. Also... everyone in that game's as gullible as a brain-dead American living under the bible belt and ripe to be manipulated by that very subtle and completely innocent-looking old lady.

You completely missed the point of the game.

A lot of the things in the game, like Kreia's true intentions, are meant to be open to interpretation. There's already a ton of clues to what Kreia really wants. Much of it tends to be subtle and you have to look at it like a mystery story.

The power Kreia used on the Jedi Masters doesn't work on the Sith Lords because it's used to sever a person's connection with the Force but since Nihilus is already a hole in the Force, it's useless against him.

People in the game are not gullible. It's very obvious from the start that Kreia is manipulating everyone. She directly tells the Exile that she treats everyone like tools and will sacrifice them when necessary or toss them away when they're no longer useful. You gain influence with Kreia by telling her that you will try to manipulate and use her.

Kreia is able to manipulate people not because the characters are gullible but because Kreia knows their darkest secrets and uses that to make them obey her. She also uses people's vulnerabilities to break down their mental defenses and control them with the Force.
Kelben at 2012-04-19 05:51 wrote:
I tend to side with hellegenes in the sense I agree the changes give a new breath to the series, less randomness. Let's hope then with Limbic on board, things will slowly get straighten.

Infiltrator at 2012-04-19 00:09 wrote:
Well if anyone is to blame it's the suits. They put in the money and with that, force ideas like the nexus system, the simplification of things to obtain a larger audience.

Truth be told a lot of developers came up with great games in fields that they were pretty much unexplored territory for them, so I'll give Limbic the benefit of the doubt for now, BUT they got their work cut out for them - Heroes 6 is far from a finished game.

michiganjf at 2012-04-18 20:23 wrote:
Too bad such a beautifully rendered game like H6 was pretty much ruined by such a poor skill system.

The skill system should be varied enough in choice and between factions that it allows for real variety in game play styles, tactics, and strategies.

All high level H6 heroes end up similar enough in their skill set, that the style of play ultimately varies very little.

I've gone back to older versions of Heroes, hoping only that H7 is made someday, using a much better conceived skill system... something like the H5 skill system, greatly expanded upon.

hellegennes at 2012-04-18 14:49 wrote:
For me, H6 is certainly not a disaster and in many aspects it's a great game which, for some reasons, was released much too early. I admit to not have played it for a long time, because of its issues but it had the potential to be the best of the series. I certainly don't agree with many of the dislikes, like the Sanctuary, the skill system, the area of control, the lack of a mage guild, etc, although I do agree they could be better implemented. I also believe that the game is salvageable.

Kalah at 2012-04-18 13:49 wrote:
After much nagging from yours truly, we have also gotten some direct download links this time around: :)

Czech/Hungarian
Western Europe
Same - digital
Korean
Polish
Russian
Same - digital

parcaleste at 2012-04-18 13:24 wrote:
I am not putting a blame on him, was just asking about his point of view.


Marzhin, I do believe that the most of this "hardcore" Heroes fans are calling the game "disaster" because it was released half-finished (at best) and the patching took AGES, while the people (like me) moved (or even returned to HV) on different things to do and completely forgot about that the "MM:H VI" exists. :hoo:

Corlagon at 2012-04-18 13:09 wrote:
If I might say something, for what it's worth - if you are going to blame a certain individual within Ubisoft or Black Hole for Heroes VI's severe problems, don't pin that blame on Marzhin. Out of all the people currently associated with the Might and Magic franchise on an official level, he is the only one I am willing to trust, and I know he is personally doing his best to make something good out of it.

Marzhin at 2012-04-18 12:56 wrote:
Being only a freelancer and not having participated in any business decisions, it’s not my place to comment about the current relationship between Ubi and BH. What I can say, however, is to keep in mind any “insider account” of what happened is necessarily biased. I know some of the things I read on the forums are quite different than my own memories of the events. So everything that is said should always be taken with a big grain of salt, or three.

Regarding the arguably controversial changes brought by H6, I can only speak on a conceptual level since I was not involved in the actual implementation, programming, etc. I do believe these changes were interesting on paper. To keep any game series alive you have to try new things – sometimes these things work, sometimes they don’t. In the end, there are areas where I am disappointed by how things turned out, and areas where I am proud of the work we did, both in Ubi and with Black Hole. In any case I take my share of responsibility for both the game’s flaws and qualities, and learnt a lot of valuable lessons along the way (we all did). I do not think, however, that Heroes VI is a “disaster”, as some of the most hardcore fans like to say, and I don’t think it is beyond repair either.

dark raider at 2012-04-18 11:57 wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this news...will the graphics change i wonder...

But must say that if marzhin is right i think it might be ok for limbic to take over.....the anno series is actually pretty good and nice graphics to..might get a heroes that goes toward a more "realistic" graphic than this cartoon we have now... but hope they wont change the story now and that the dark elves will still come in the expansion. Love Raelaeg.
ywhtptgtfo at 2012-04-18 07:21 wrote:
>What's wrong with NWN2? Even the vanilla campaign had better story then NWN1 (besides Hordes, which tied imo). And when i played (after many patches) it wasn't very buggy at all.

NWN1 looked more epic than NWN2 (which has a stupid cartoony feel) and its UI was soooooo much better. The whole "King of Shadow" plot thing is crap. The NPC's are crap. I'd much rather play through a game with minimal narrative like NWN1.

>And KotOR 2 has bugged as hell, but so was #1, and it had a better story until the end when they obviously rushed it... but until the jedi meeting thing it was golden.

Which basically means the story sucked at the moment it's supposed to explain everything and tie up the loose ends. You know... that spell Kreia used to kill all those Jedi was cool, but then it made me wonder why she didn't use it on her fellow Sith Lords in the first place. Also... everyone in that game's as gullible as a brain-dead American living under the bible belt and ripe to be manipulated by that very subtle and completely innocent-looking old lady.

ThunderTitan at 2012-04-18 07:02 wrote:
Limbsoft of course, you noobz...


>KOTOR II, and NWN II by many leagues in every single developmental aspect.

What's wrong with NWN2? Even the vanilla campaign had better story then NWN1 (besides Hordes, which tied imo). And when i played (after many patches) it wasn't very buggy at all.

And KotOR 2 has bugged as hell, but so was #1, and it had a better story until the end when they obviously rushed it... but until the jedi meeting thing it was golden.
ywhtptgtfo at 2012-04-18 02:41 wrote:
> Marzhin, can you, as a Heroes fan and veteran, admit the changes you helped bring to the game were wrong and were not in the best interest of the brand name that is Heroes of Might and Magic?

Well... let's not point fingers yet. We still don't know his role in the game's development yet. He seemed to have joined quite late into the developmental phase and we kinda know Marzhin makes better games than that...

>My opinion counts for little but it is what it is and I think H6 is the worst Heroes game ever released.

That's an understatement. It's probably the worst Heroes game released for a while and probably the worst sequel ever made... trumping even Ultima IX, KOTOR II, and NWN II by many leagues in every single developmental aspect.

>Sanctuary Town - Feck me!!! Give me the Forge - Fail

Sanctuary town was okay... although we squinty-eyed Chinese players are offended by the heavy Japanese theme. The entirety of Chinese mythology in that town resides within the names of the Sanctuary heroes and that strange land-walking Kirin.
Edited on Tue, Apr 17 2012, 22:46 by ywhtptgtfo

Ryder at 2012-04-18 01:09 wrote:
Anno series, Technomage, ParaWorld....

Havent heard of any of them. The future of Heroes is grim. I still can't bring myself to play the piece of crap.

Marzhin, can you, as a Heroes fan and veteran, admit the changes you helped bring to the game were wrong and were not in the best interest of the brand name that is Heroes of Might and Magic?

My opinion counts for little but it is what it is and I think H6 is the worst Heroes game ever released.

No Mage Guilds meaning that spells were skills - Fail
Ability to change towns from one to another - Fail
Area control for mines - Fail
Sanctuary Town - Feck me!!! Give me the Forge - Fail
etc etc

Thank feck for Katauri Interactive.
Kelben at 2012-04-18 01:01 wrote:
Ubisoft must be full of old colonialists kind of people. We bankrupt you then we fire you... Sounds a bit like we steal you then we give you a little dictator. XD
ywhtptgtfo at 2012-04-17 23:18 wrote:
>Hey, Marzhin, would you please share your thoughts (in few words) about the current Black Hole/Ubi situation? You do not sound pretty good...

I'd be surprised if he would, since he's largely been keeping his mouth shut for the past little while (for good reasons).

parcaleste at 2012-04-17 22:12 wrote:
Hey, Marzhin, would you please share your thoughts (in few words) about the current Black Hole/Ubi situation? You do not sound pretty good...

Marzhin at 2012-04-17 20:31 wrote:
Just for the record, while Limbic has mostly worked on casual stuff lately, they are all veterans from Sunflowers and worked on games such as the Anno series, Technomage, ParaWorld....

Pol at 2012-04-17 20:17 wrote:
"Ubimic"

The Limbic studio is really micro. Doesn't feel right for possible H6 future.

hellegennes at 2012-04-17 19:22 wrote:
Well, right now the situation feels very Ubmb and it's getting worse.

Kalah at 2012-04-17 18:58 wrote:
This also means that our beautiful rendition "UbiHole" is gone ... What do we pose in its place? Ubic? SoftLimb? :D

Coldy at 2012-04-17 18:41 wrote:
Limbic Entertainment..... hehe it's good to know that our beloved Heroes are in the hands of a developer with so much exp...... in pony simulators..... LOL!
Ubisoft are tacking the piss.....

Angelspit at 2012-04-17 17:17 wrote:
I find it quite funny that Limbic is now working on a series in limbo.

Kristo at 2012-04-17 16:59 wrote:
Sure sounds to me like Black Hole was fired. It'd be interesting to hear Ubisoft's side of that story, but I don't think that's very likely to happen.

Note: You must be logged in to post comments.

Copyright 1999-2015 Celestial Heavens. All rights reserved.
site statistics