Enjoy - and send your scores in, I'm interested to see what people can do! Feel free to discuss scores and strategy in the thread attached to this news item.
Let the battles begin!
Heroes V Single Player Map Playing Contest
This is a Heroes of Might and Magic 5 single player map playing contest. The rules are as follows:
- This is a single player map playing contest for Heroes V. Players are ranked by their map score, which needs to be verified by sending a screenshot of their score to "staff at celestialheavens.com" with "Round table battles" in the title of the email.
- When submitting a screenshot, you must state the difficulty level that you played the map on.
- Individual map scores will be calculated using the following formula: Score = T + (.25T x D) where T = time (total days) and D = difficulty (Heroic 0, Hard 1 etc.). So in essence you are "penalised" 25% for each difficulty you play below heroic.
- The competition will be five "rounds" long. Each round will involve playing one map and last for two to four weeks, depending on the size of the map.
- Scores can be re-submitted, but to prevent flooding of our inboxes, a max of 3 scores per player will be accepted (so wait till the end of the round before submitting your third score)
- Points will be awarded at the end of each round corresponding to rank (1 for first, 2 for second etc.). Like golf, a lower score is obviously better.
- To be eligible to have your score accepted for each round after the first, you must have submitted a score for each of the prior rounds (it's the only way to ensure integrity of the scoring system).
- At the end of the competition there will be much glory and celebration awarded to the winner!
- All maps must be played with no mods and using the latest patch.
- If you cheat to try and win glory and celebration on the interweb, well, that's just sad :)
Past Maps and Scores: