Might and Magic VI
Top Ten Tactics
by David Potts
- Immediately work on a Master Water Mage!
- Buy non-weapon-based skills for everyone (Learning, Meditation, Body Building) since they cost less than a magic item that would have the same effect.
- Get learning to at least expert as quick as possible.
- Horseshoes are best used by mages who need a great deal more SP than, say, the Knight.
- Everyone should get the bow skill
- Essential spells include Wizard's Eye, Cure Wounds, Fireball, Portal, and Beacon.
- Always work on a quest. The experience gain from completing a quest almost certainly ensures a level-up.
- Don't "spread the damage". When fighting, work on a monster at a time until it's dead. Unlike real warfare, your enemies can strike just as hard when wounded as when at full health.
- Shield and Protection from Magic work well when in crowded monster areas to slow down the damage. Ring of Fire works especially well in close quarters with a ton of monsters.
- In a dungeon, when in doubt, click about. Check every torch if need be (it can net you 5000 gold in the Temple of Baa, for example