Patches for Might & Magic: Heroes VI
Like most games (certainly most recent games of this series), Heroes VI needed patching to be playable, let alone play well. Released with the game in October 2011 was patch 1.1. Since then, several more patches have been released. The first two patches were incredibly large, while the later ones decreased in size somewhat. We encourage fans to share torrents of these files.
- 1.1 - October 2011 (ca. 517 MB)
- 1.2 - December 2011 (ca. 212 MB)
- 1.2.1 - January 2012 (ca. 17 MB)
- 1.3 - April 2012 (ca. 52 MB)
- 1.4 - May 2012 (ca. 25 MB)
- 1.5 - July 2012 (ca. 321 MB)
- 1.5.1 - July 2012 (ca. 21 MB) - file is called 1.5b instead of 1.5.1.
- 1.5.2 - July 2012 (ca. 41.5 MB)
- 1.7 and 1.7.1 - September 2012 (ca. 250 MB; ca 20 MB)
- 1.8 - October 2012 (ca. 62 MB)
- 2.1 - May 2013 (ca. 2 GB) (see link for torrents)
- 2.1.1 - June 2013 (ca. 92 MB, install 2.1 first)
To patch the game, you can use the game's automatic Game Updater; it checks for updates every time the game starts up. Running this several times (turning the game on and off), until it says that there are no new updates available, keeps your game up to date.
This strategy, however, does not accomodate players whose gaming PC is not connected to the Internet or those with slow connections. After much pressure, therefore, the developers eventually posted the patches in single-file formats on their servers, available for direct download. The URLs are posted below.
To download the patches as .EXE files, use the URLs below while changing the numbers so you get the version you want; 1.1 ... 1.2 ... 1.3 etc. Make sure you get the correct language version for your game.