In a nutshell
- Name:Fabrice Cambounet
- Date of birth:March 1, 1973
- Position:Senior Producer
- With Ubisoft since:End of 1997, but with a three-year break to test other companies :)
- I explored a large part of the French videogame industry, starting and ending at Ubisoft. I worked at a large developer with Kalisto, a small one with Planet, and a small publisher with Microids (and now the large version being Ubisoft, of course). This allowed me to experience very different situations and both sides of production as a developer and a publisher, as well as a lot of projects, and most made it to the market!
- Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching.
Which videogame kicked off your passion for gaming?
- Probably the first I played, which was Pong.
The best 3 videogames ever:
- Space Hulk
- Tough to limit that to 3!
- World of Warcraft (doh!): Cornazul, druid tauren on Cho’Gall
Games you can’t wait for?
- Now that I’ve heard of Spore, that would be it.
Websites you click most?
- jiraf.org, celestialheavens.com, gamasutra.com, overgame.com, terre-du-milieu.com, gamespot.com: these constitute (with some other private forums) my morning walk of the net
The best day in your life?
Which movies can “take you away”?
- The movies I saw more than others are “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” (about 19 times), “Akira” (I think about 16 times), and “Cyrano” (12 or 13 times). Just behind those would be “Le roi et l’oiseau”, which I first saw at age 7.
Music that grabs you?
- Recently that would be Daft Punk’s “Discovery” and my friends’ band Wax’ “Tentation” (in French)–check them out at http://wax.muad.com
- Herbert’s Dune, Vance’s Tschaï, Pratchett’s Discworld, Asimov’s Foundation, Tolkien’s LoTR, Adams’ H2G2 (upcoming movie!)…
Hobby (besides job and computer games):
- Coding, mostly on the Web now
Countries you’d like to visit?
- Australia, China, New York (again)
In my childhood I dreamt to work as...
- A cooking or a pastry chef–I never imagined there were people getting paid to create games :p