As a long-time fan of the Might and Magic games, I'm delighted to announce that there will be a very special interview coming up on January 20th with one of the main level designers of Might and Magic VI; none other than Tim Lang!
He and I have known each other since 2012-2013, while I was still on Lich Labs, the team responsible for Children of the Void. Well now, he's agreed to come and be part of an interview called Developer Secrets!
This interview will focus on Might and Magic 6 in particular, as I feel it's one of the most iconic and intriguing games in the franchise. There are many secrets that Tim knows about the game itself, why things changed the way they did, and stuff most people didn't even know was a thing. In the interview, we'll be covering:
- Some of the game's strange peculiarities and features
- The NWC dungeon accessible via Dragonsands.
- The beta trailer of Might and Magic 6 and a couple of pre-release screenshots
- The secret identity of the shopkeepers and playable characters
- Life behind the scenes as a developer
- Exploring the possibility of pre-release content we as a community have yet to discover
- Unveiling the mystery behind the infamous joke title "Super Goober"
Not only do I have a bunch of questions for Tim, but I'm more than certain you guys here at CH do as well. We'd love to answer some of the questions you may have about the game! I will go through the list and pick up to 10 of them and read them out to Tim and have him answer them for you. The interview, once finished, will be posted on my Youtube channel (Sibernethy).
Remember, the interview will be held on Jan 20th, so be sure to post your questions if you have any!
Thanks for reading.
As of 29th July 2018 all the interviews are up and linked below:
Part I. - https://youtu.be/YrLnofYNJI0
Part II. - https://youtu.be/WLEZPohhTFI
Part III. - https://youtu.be/ampVQWGcOEE
Part IV. - https://youtu.be/cj1hBprzhBM