- by Pol
I'm big fan of music in Heroes Series, really being touched by Heroes III. music, which were my first ones, and after some years even more by music from Heroes IV.
Time passed and there's one thing which is always remarkable about Heroes series - and that's the music. Always been here, always inspiring. With people humming the melodies and bearing them where they go.
It doesn't matter whether we are talking about NWC Heroes fiddled to the perfection under Jon Van Caneghem's baton. Or about new Heroes from Ubisoft, created under supervision of Fabrice, who was everywhere or Erwan, who ..wasn't.
Heroes music was always great!
Courtesy of Might & Magic composers: Paul Anthony Romero, Rob King and Steve Baca.
We may also call it a dream. As much as it's a classic, it's gaming music and never fade. It created its own trace in the history of gaming, giving it a soul.
There were music mods for Heroes III - IV. "Unexpectedly" they seems to be nowhere found today.
And there are players, which come and play their favourite parts. Musicians, who played the tunes when being young. And the game likely too. This is about them.
Anastasia Soina violin - Heroes of Might and Magic III - Menu Theme
Phantawalker, piano cover - Heroes of Might and Magic (Necropolis + Medley)
Mashuggah Halcyon, harp cover - Heroes of Might and Magic IV – Dirt Theme
Master of Sighiosara: A Gyondrian's Tale
Jim Nordström - A Dragon's Gaze
Paul Anthony Romero - A Gyondrian's Tale
Per Pouraskari - Jolly Tavern, Morgan Tentaclus Tune, Radria's Valleys, The Troll King Perko, Wintersong from Jaral
M&M official channel on Soundcloud
And link to an article about M&M music, with greater length and few tunes.
|Comments (2)||Add comment|
- by Kalah
A very good video interview with JVC about old things and new available on Matt Barton's Youtube channel. Thanks to Quantomas for the tip.
|Comments (22)||Add comment|
- by Kalah
You have waited patiently, submitted your questions and now it's time. Our latest Q&A with the creator of the Might & Magic franchise, has been released for public viewing and commentary. He talks about his current work on VCME's mobile game, as well as a few things about the plans he had at NWC ... and about the future.
- by Kalah
Celestial Heavens recently made a quick interview with Tracy Iwata, who works on visual effects JVC's new game Creature Quest, which launches globally in two days - on January 26th.
You can find the interview, along with the others we have done, on our interviews page. Enjoy!
- by Angelspit
Today Ubisoft announced a new spinoff for the Might and Magic franchise: Showdown. The game was hinted at back in November in a promotional video for Watch Dogs 2. Developped by Ubisoft Montreal’s FunHouse division, Showdown is an intriguing combination of real-time battles and customizable miniatures. The game is available now as part of Steam's Early Access program with a price tag of $19.99. Developers are still working on the game and will not reveal a launch date at this point.
For more information about Might and Magic: Showdown, check out the Ubisoft blog.
|Comments (13)||Add comment|
- by Kalah
As promised, we have been keeping tabs on the development of JVC's new operation: the mobile game Creature Quest developed by VC Mobile Entertainment. For a while, the game has been running a so-called "soft launch", being available only in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, the Netherlands and Hong Kong. On January 26th, however, the game launches globally, meaning it will be available for download in areas such as Europe and USA as well.
|Comments (4)||Add comment|
- by Pol
A lot happened from the holly time of Christmas and I hope that you enjoyed them quite thoroughly, here's the recap:
- Heroes I. and Heroes II. sections at CH were cleaned. That includes fixing formatting, links and reconnecting with comments. Also part of Heroes III. And our Walkthroughs section. With that we are closing one big debt from the past, and returning the content to you, our dear readers.
- Heroespedia, later known just as wiki returned and we are now seeking for contributors and admins as caretakers. You, who were already here, may start to contribute right away. And for newcomers, write me pm. If you have(had) an account on wikia, it may be reassociated, there's known way how to confirm your identity.
- GrayFace updated his set of tools, the exhausive list of changes is available here. I think every modder will be happy, there wasn't a better present which you could get. Thank You GrayFace!
- Heroes 5.5 Mod arrived with a new release. Full list of changes is available here. The game si getting new in game manual, and rebalanced Academy miniartifacts and also heap of other options. You can discuss it in our forums here with magnomagus.
- And in order, to recall some sweet memories, I will finish with two videos from RefresherTV, these are 10 facts about Heroes III. and Heroes V., which you (may be?) didn't know about. This is in polish only, but pictures speak quite well!
|Comments (1)||Add comment|