Songs of Conquest - Full Release Incoming (and a quick competition)

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Songs of Conquest - Full Release Incoming (and a quick competition)

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 04 May 2024, 20:30

Hey there fans of Might and Magic, long time, no see!
I just wanted to try and summarise some of the pretty awesome news that has been coming out of Lava Potion, developers of the much anticipated game Songs of Conquest lately. Oh, don't forget to look out for the competition in this post! 

ImageScreenshot from version 1.0 of Songs of Conquest

Firstly, we have a release date for Version 1.0 and that is May 20th. This is obviously huge news and as soon as I receive any updates on the release version I will try to do another article on it (unlike this article, which has been on my to-do list for weeks now... I'm sorry). This means that Heroes of Might and Magic fans out there will finally get to fully dive into this spiritual successor while we wait for Ubisoft announcing just about anything about this beloved franchise. From my own experience, Songs of Conquest not only managed to convince me that I am able to be fine with "pixel art", but it was one of few games released in the past 15 years that gave me that "just one more turn" feeling. Kudos to that! 

On the 25th of April, the devs shared a Steam post about wanting the help of the community as they had managed to squish some significant AI bugs. If you want to contribute to the development of the game, you can do so by simply playing a map, keeping the following in mind:

I see myself as a:  <Difficulty> Player
I played with difficulty: <Difficulty>
On map: <Map Name>
Thoughts: (How did it feel, how many times did you reload, quick battles etc)

Your answer should be posted to this Steam Post

Speaking of maps, just about a month ago, the Lava Potion team also released 8 brand new maps which were a collaborative effort of the in-house devs and the community. Highlights include "Blades Edge", a balanced PvP arena for 2 players and "Ashen Allies", a co-op map without AI opponents which still offers a challenge by requiring players to team up against the treacherous environment. You can read the full post here. 

What are you looking forward to the most with Songs of Conquest? Let us know in the comments. First person to answer that also adds "key for me please" in the comment will receive a Steam Key that will give you a free copy of the game!

Good luck! 
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Songs of Conquest - Full Release Incoming (and a quick competition)

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 May 2024, 22:31

Been playing this for a few days, and i got to say, it really does scratch that HoMM itch.

Only complaint i have is that the adv. map objects don't stand out enough from the background to be easily identifiable, which is great art style wise, but a bit annoying gameplay wise. A toggable option to have them be outlined (like they are when you mouse over them, sans the text showing up) by default on the map for better visibility would be nice.

Anyone know where i should post feedback like that so teh devs can see it?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 May 2024, 18:43

To be honest the graphic is stunning beautiful. You can't have enough dragons like that! :D

@TT
They are missing the border outline?

PS You can use

Code: Select all

:ff2all:
:ff2all: to get back your favourite smiley :tongue:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 10 May 2024, 18:16

ThunderTitan wrote: 06 May 2024, 22:31Anyone know where i should post feedback like that so teh devs can see it?
They have a Feedback and Bugs section on their discord. I haven't played the game, but this is a good way to reach out to devs nowadays.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “News”