Unholy Alliance → Search for a Killer

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Boots
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Boots » 30 Aug 2007, 13:15

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/298

Boots
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Boots » 30 Aug 2007, 13:15

edited
Edited on Fri, Aug 31 2007, 08:17 by Boots

Boots
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Boots » 31 Aug 2007, 12:17

I had a very difficult time taking on O1a (first enemy town) using the strategy suggested in this walkthru. Here's what I did, which led to success for me.

* Restarted the game until Gelu got Earth, Wisdom, and Logistics (also had Water, which helped a lot later)

* Hired 3 more heroes at 1st town. Gave the dragon to one. Had Gelu take his sharpshooters directly to the neutral town, only fighting when necessary (I did have him fight the zombies at the crystal mine near the neutral town). He can make it there on the 3rd day if he has logistics.

* The secondary hero with the dragon can fight the skeles at the sawmill and the zombies at the crystal mine near your starting town. The other two heroes can flag the mines Gelu freed, and go underground to collect the free-lying resources there. If Gelu has Artillery (I did in this case), have him buy a ballista as well

* My build order in N1 was Blacksmith, Capitol, Homestead, Dendroid, Mage Guild 4. I dind't get Town Portal, but I did get Prayer. I ignored dragons for now. Meanwhile, Gelu runs around taking out everything else nearby.

* Make sure the hero who bought the ballista gives it to Gelu (directly or by givign it to another hero first). Have your secondary heroes collect every scrap of gold. I had to sell a couple resources as well, in order to get both a City Hall in my 1st city and a Capitol in my 2nd ASAP.

* On Week 2 Day 1, I grabbed the windmill at my 1st town and the waterwheel at the 2nd. I sold all my resources except for about 15 crystal (thinking ahead to get dragon cliffs next week), and bought all the heavy-hitter troops I could. Unfortunately, Gelu didn't make it to O1a until Week 2 Day 2 (by ONE MOVE, DAMMIT) and the town had 12 vampires in addition to 5 ghost dragons, 40 power liches, and 120 or so skeles.

I suffered heavy losses in the fight for O1a, but at least I won. I *never once* won trying to use dragons--I simply did not have the resrouces to be able to buy enough troops. And expert Prayer helped a lot.

jmgarth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jmgarth » 30 Dec 2007, 19:27

Despite several tries, I could not get Town Portal in any mage guild. I sailed Gelu as suggested and grabbed O2a and O3a, but without Town Portal I could not resupply Gelu in time and lost when hit by two large armies at O3a.

I tried again by going underground, and this time was able to resupply Gelu with runners from A1, which I fully built up. I grabbed O4a, then O5a, then back to O3a and finally O2a.

Ansive
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ansive » 20 Jan 2009, 22:50

Started the map... got pretty decent skills... got attacked from Soledare so I restarted.

This time I only got Wisdom. I hate not having any magic skills, resurrection is moot unless you have advanced earth.

Keeping some distance from Soledare might help prevent the enemy from buying a hero.

Sadly I only reached close to level 29... even sacrificed all the artifacts... guess I kinda rushed after I took out their main heroes in two close call battles. (ironically I won the second one by shielding the sharpshooters with what unicorns and centaurs I had left... frenzy, resurrect, resurrect, resurrect... left with a few units and a score of items... he he)

Return to “Articles”