Unholy Alliance → Invasion

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 19 Jul 2007, 19:22

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/303

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 19 Jul 2007, 19:22

This turned out to be a straightforward map of Sandro chasing everyone else about, though there were a couple of surprising things:

(1) It's possible that the AI is playing a different version of the heroes you were playing earlier. I know the Gelu I was playing had both Fly and Dimension Door, but he did not appear to use them here.

(2) The AI used an interesting tactic to whittle down my Sandro's lich stacks when I approached one of his castles: It had the initiative with a faster type of creature, so it cast Chain Lightning, then fled the field, re-hired the hero at the castle, ran out to engage me and did the same thing, and re-hired the hero again for the final defense of the castle. Maybe the AI might have repeated the tactic, ad infinitum, if not for a cash shortage (?).

(3) If the strong enemy heroes can cast summon elemental, and you can cast Implosion, an interesting idea might be to siege them. They can't flee, so they will pull out all the stops casting summon elemental. In turn, you can implode these stacks, increasing your kill count. This can result in over a hundred lichs added to your army at the end.
Edited on Mon, Jul 30 2007, 10:53 by Grail Quest

Ansive
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ansive » 28 Jan 2009, 14:59

I would have finished this map in about one month if it weren't for the level 32 seer quest. Took me 3 months to get to 31. And all for a lousy sword.

I had both town portal and dimension door... so I removed all the four heroes in about a week... Which is kind of sad since all the stat changes apply to the 4 heroes as well.

ArchCerberos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Unholy Alliance → Invasion

Unread postby ArchCerberos » 15 Jun 2019, 13:57

I think you might get 'either' Town Portal or Dimension Door on previous scenario. So Air+Earth Magic are mandatory to get from Wrath of Sandro scenario (allong with at least Wisdom). Logistics, Archery and Intelligence are good ones too. I chose to use the instance I had gotten Air+Earth Magic, Ballistics, Logistics, Wisdom and the very rare Diplomacy. On my game I got Dimension Door, and this one seems to be going a child's play, with DD and the Diplomacy stuff, I can choose to either hire or attack the wandering stacks, to get to the enemies faster.

BoixD
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Unholy Alliance → Invasion

Unread postby BoixD » 01 Nov 2023, 06:10

This one wasn't easy. My Sandro had Earth and Air magic along with archery. I had animate dead and town portal but no logistics, no dimension door nor implosion.
I got very lucky that when I attacked up north, Gem stayed to defend her castle so I eliminated her. Yog and Crag attacked my Necro Town south but I could TP back to it immediately after defeating Gem and got rid of both of them (repeating the battle 2-5 times each so I could make sure they died and didn't flee). The rest of the map was tedious since Gelu had dimension door and kept conquering one of my towns but I got him cornered.
After killing the 4 heroes, it got easy.

Return to “Articles”