The True Blade → The Rightful Heir

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 22 Jun 2007, 14:30

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/223

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 22 Jun 2007, 14:30

If your heroes have very strong Life Magic, they can take out monster stacks on the map by their own -- that is, just a lone hero, no support. In such cases, since the stacks are strong, if you take along troops, you'll just end up losing them. Cash is short at the start, so buying troops diminishes your ability to build City Halls and Caravans, and to hire Lord heroes for cash and resources.

If previous games have made your heroes strong (and you should have delayed victory in the Wheel map to build all Seminaries and have your heroes learn from them), then split them all up and explore the map rapidly before the enemy can buy anything better than one or two Champions, much less an angel (which Red can do if given the chance). Kentaine is the only weak one as he starts with no magic, so pair him with Desette or give him all the healing potions you can get in an early quest on this map.

Only a stack of ~15 Thunderbirds protecting one of the routes to the enemy towns gave me trouble, and it required 2 heroes and cannon fodder while my heroes cast some defensive spells and divided their focus so no one hero was so overwhelmed that Regeneration couldn't repair them each round. If you get slower-moving monsters guarding the paths, you might be able to take them out with a single hero and keep up your blitzkreig.

Against cities, which will invariably have a strong cleric, either take 2 heroes to defeat their Regeneration on their strong heroes, or make sure you can cast Dispel a lot. Steal Magic works very well, too, since if you siege with just one hero, you know where all the enchantments will go, and you can in fact give their cleric the initiative to cast spells, then take the nice ones for yourself, like Guardian Angel and Regeneration.

Ridiculously easy map as you don't even need to raise any armies. And Worton had no magic against me, so I was guaranteed victory once I cast Regeneration on Lysander.

Righteous Might
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Righteous Might » 25 Aug 2011, 00:35

Nice, nice walkthrough, very helpful.

Return to “Articles”