The True Blade → The Drawing of the Blade

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 19 Jun 2007, 20:41

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/219

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 19 Jun 2007, 20:41

It's my first time playing HOMM4, and this is my very first scenario. I must say it's way out of hand. By Day 4, Week 4, of Month 2, I couldn't move fast enough, but never mind because Teal is vanquished.

I have all the towns built up to maximum. I have maybe a score of Lords at level 2, pumping out gold and resources. I have Lysander, Caitlin, and Rissa in my party (Knight, Cleric, and Lord), plus 393 Archers, 326 Squires, 119 Monks, and 31 Champions. I can't be bothered trying to add the rest from the other cities. At the start of the day, resources stand at 42,896 gold, 360 Wood, 345 Ore, 85 Gems, 106 Mercury, 33 Crystals, and 93 Sulfur.

Is it supposed to be like this??

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: The True Blade → The Drawing of the Blade

Unread postby HodgePodge » 19 Jun 2007, 21:23

Small Spoilish: You are supposed to find a certain Artifact and surrender it so a certain Priest will join your party. The priest, Proetho, is required to complete the map and he, along with Lysander & others, will carry over into subsequent scenarios.

You also need to take a boat ride, visit all the Quest Huts and complete all the quests given.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 20 Jun 2007, 14:38

I know about the actual quests to finish the map. It's just... so inflated. I went up to Normic with 1500 squires and about 1200 archers, 110 Champions... And this for a first map? Is this a normal result for playing this map?? Where's the cheat code for unlimited movement so I can clean up the quests once the active enemies are cleared?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 20 Jun 2007, 19:07

Grail Quest wrote:I know about the actual quests to finish the map. It's just... so inflated. I went up to Normic with 1500 squires and about 1200 archers, 110 Champions... And this for a first map? Is this a normal result for playing this map?? Where's the cheat code for unlimited movement so I can clean up the quests once the active enemies are cleared?
The Campaign do get more difficult with each subsequent scenario. You'll find Map 2 very tough … you'll have almost no troops, so build up your Heroes as much as possible.

You are lucky to have so much resources and creatures. I just finished replaying all the original Heroes IV Campaigns and while I did have a nice army, I had no where near that many troops, and I even used the Cheat Codes on occassion too.

It's almost unbelievable thay you could have so many Champions in only the second month. How and where did you get so many? The Castles don't generate that many. And even with GM Diplomacy & Charm you couldn't possibly have picked up that many from the Adventure Map.

The Cheat Code for Unlimited Movement is to first hit the Tab Key then type in:

nwchermes

Here is the complete list of Heroes 4 Cheat Codes.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 23 Jun 2007, 10:50

Hi HodgePodge,

I didn't defeat Normic after 2 months, I only cleared the map. Normic can't fight me unless I go through the border guard and go to him, so once all Red and Teal cities are defeated, the map is safe to explore. I walked the entire map to make sure I picked up all permanent bonuses, visited all seminaries, and defeated all stacks for XP. During the final week as I was headed for Normic to finish, I started buying up the troops I wanted and Caravan-ing them down to meet me at the city nearest Normic. I think I finished in month 4 or so, but I can't remember. I certainly took my time, though I never did get any hero up to the level limit even though I had my cleric go in with the army to get her the most XP possible.

Thanks for the link to the cheats. I liked them in HOMM3 for housecleaning after a map is won, and I'm happy to see they were implemented here too.

Map 2 was too easy, actually. I didn't bother hiring any troops because they were just cannon fodder and slowed me down on the adventure map. I put all heroes together, turned on Quick Combat, and walked through the map. Did you give _all_ your heroes magic?

I gave everyone Life Magic and Order Magic, and my Cleric got Nature Magic as well. I focussed Lysander on Tactics first and Life second, my Knight on Combat first and Life second, my Cleric on Life Magic (and she could cast level 4 spells when she went to fight Normic).

EddyBerlin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby EddyBerlin » 14 Jul 2008, 06:55

How do I find the coordinates e.g. (81,43)? I cannot see it on the map.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Jul 2008, 12:39

Coordinates are displayed in-game, but I don't remember how to enable them. Anyone knows?
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 14 Jul 2008, 13:17

System Menu -> Game Settings -> Show Coordinates -> OK.

Then hover your cursor over any patch of ground for about a second and the coordinates will show up, among other stuff.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 19 Sep 2022, 19:01

A journal.

The True Blade, Champion. Even at this level of difficulty this was easy. The one battle that could defeat you is the battle for the Sword of the Gods near the beginning of the second scenario. You will need some spells that control the battle like Slow, Fatigue, Quicksand, Confusion, Wasp Swarm, Peace of Mind, and Teleport. I never had any access to Death or Chaos Magic.

The Drawing of the Blade, max 18, 4 heroes, Champion

Week 1, Tough start. After a little local exploration all 3 heroes gathered at Chartly with all the squires and crossbowmen they could gather to begin attacking mines. Hired 3 Order Lords to generate income. with the Learning Stone they all made L2 quickly. I used all the chests for gold to accelerate growth.

Week 2-3, clearing the inner circle. My three main heroes bought all the skills they could use from Chartley. Three heroes up to L5. Need to find The Ankh of Life. Still using all chests for gold.

Week 4, Got on the water

Week 5, Fought the Venom Spawn, got the Ankh

Week 6, Prothro, L11 Priest joined

Week 8 Prothro touring the bonus sites, the other three exploring and capturing mines.

Week 10, breaking through in the SW vs. 146 Griffins. I had 4 heroes, 3 Angels, 43 monks and 284 crossbowmen. Each hero had the ability to slow or bind one stack of Griffins. Trouble was, the Griffins kept getting a morale boost on the first turn and knocking out one hero and blocking sight lines to some of the other Griffins. I had to try various formations and alignments until I found something that would get me past the first couple of turns. Even so, I had to use the Angels to resurrect one hero.

Week 11, Captured Angel Falls.

Week 12, I control all towns.

Week 13, finished up the quests and hit any boosts I had missed earlier.

Week 14, Finished a 4,2,2. Heroes reached 14, 14, 12 and 11. I was so inefficient that the last battle was trivial, I outnumbered him 2 or 3 to 1.

The Trials Max 25, four go forward

Week 1, Combined my heroes and hit the portal. There are several battles involving either trolls or gargoyles, all easily winnable but the challenge is to manage your mana. On day 3 I had cleaned out the underground.

Week 2, I should have consulted my notes on this scenario before I played the first. The battle for the Sword of the Gods was quite difficult. There are several relatively low-level spells that are very helpful. Slow, Fatigue, Quicksand, Confusion, Wasp Swarm, Peace of Mind, and Teleport. I had Slow and Peace of Mind plus a Vial of Binding Liquid. It was a struggle.

Week 3, Cleared the map.

Week 4, freed the angel on day one. Now I just need to go hit the ToK and go see the Oracle. Actually, cleared the map. Had Lysander battle alone to get close enough for one more level before the ToK.

Week 5, Caitlin may get a level before the ToK if we can find enough troglodytes.

Week 6, Finished @ 2,2,7 with hero levels 19, 19, 17,17

The First Step of Many, max 30

Week 1, rescued Mardigo, L25 general. Took Goodsprings and Martiers on day 7. Blue has no towns

Week 2, took both Orange towns. Allowed 2 retreats for about 20K gold each.

Week 3, Up to 5 towns. 12 Order Lords, Gold in good shape. Most battles I just use my 3 main heroes, too much work protecting my troops.

Week 4, Red and Blue checked out. I took my 6th Town.

Week 5, sent out my second army to clear the peasants clogging the caravan routes. Got a few volunteers each time for a bit of gold per day.

Week 6, Teal and Orange eliminated, captured the last two towns.

Week 7, Took out the Behemoths, Thunderbirds and Cyclops (flawless) guarding the back door and turned back to clean up the map.

Week 8, Beat the Cyclops guarding the ToK, Prothro got a level, but Lysander did not by 243 xp. Pondered where I could find 243 xp when it dawned on me. Rerun that battle w/o my L26 General. Yeah, both got a level. Now just hit the 2 Tok and finish!

You may want to consider deleting the higher-level hero you rescued in favor of the general you developed because of all the stat boosts the lower-level general hit in the earlier scenarios. (Open the hero screen and hit "D")

Seeking the Steel

Week 1, Reached and captured the north Knight's Chapter, along with everything in between.

Week 2, Cleared all the way to Mastero Then turned back to hit the big stack by the Blue gate and the
Tok.

Week 3, doubled back and took the asylum for spells, xp, and Potions of Immortality. Hurried back to the ToK (should have used it before) and went back to finish off Mastero. Never used creatures in battle. Won @ 1,3,6

The Rightful Heir, Heroes L29, L28, L27, L26, L26 and L20.

Week 1, Grouped Lysander and Prothro in one army and the rest together in a second. Desette and Kentaine headed NE to convert Rasan Hill. Lysander and Prothro fought their way to the gold mine in the north center. Despite the advice of the walkthrough, I think I can get some levels before hitting the 2 ToK. Barrington joined near the end of the first week.

Week 2, Captured Paledon. Still not using creatures in my 2 armies.

Week 3, playing with my food. Eliminated Orange, control 6 towns.

Week 4, I like to explore all the map has to offer, probably could have finished easily.

Week 5, access to the SW corner was blocked by 104 Genies and 36 Dragon Golems. Lysander and Prothro won the battle, tense moments but no real threat. Defeated Teal and own all towns. I'm getting bored, let's go defeat Worton.

Week 6, Easy final battle, 80 bandits and Worton. Won @ 2,2,2. Lysander was a L27 General, could have hit 2 Tok and a couple of stat boosts but that wasn't needed.

Return to “Articles”