Jon Van Caneghem Interview

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Inisto
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Inisto » 15 Mar 2007, 20:41

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/95

Inisto
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Inisto » 15 Mar 2007, 20:41

For my parts im just posting this comment coz am probably the only one who actually will.Just to have something to say i was not surprised to know that JVC's wife was involved into the game and mapmaking.I dont know her personally(Infact i only have one American relative i know coz i live in Iceland and i got to meet him for 3 hours or so) But it really came to my knowledge when i started playing Heroes III. Thats where i found a map named:Battle Of The Sexes. I thought it was really funny for a time to fight on either side. Men or women. But later i realised that this map was created with spirit...or at least so i thought...Wow!That JVC sure got a wife.But later when i read the interwiew i felt like a fool for she sure did make many of the maps(like JVC said)I even played many of the campaigns and maps again and i found several similarities with two independent persons creating the game.I think that JVC did a great job but it(usually)takes two persons to make a great game.I enjoyed Heroes III very much and even more when i really studied the maps. I'd like to see that couple make maps for Heroes V and even VI(If it will ever exist).PS:YES i have a peasant icon, but thats not coz am new(i started playing Heroes II 7 years old im twice that age today)But well.I guess theres nobody reading that interview anyway.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Mar 2007, 20:51

Reading is hard.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 15 Mar 2007, 20:53

Just out of curiosity... Was this interview from 2002 or 2003?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Mar 2007, 20:55

In 2003, at E3, not long before 3DO went belly up.

Return to “Articles”