The Triumvirate

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

The Triumvirate

Unread postby Pitsu » 26 Jun 2006, 09:29

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/560

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

The Triumvirate

Unread postby Pitsu » 26 Jun 2006, 09:29

Some what i remebmer from the final battle:

* IIRC elementals cannot be puppet mastered

* wrigths harm touch can instantly kill your phoenix

* banish ability is great to clean the battlefield from all the groups that Markal summons

* Puppet master is cancelled when a creature takes damage. Use your own low damage area effect spells (stone spikes) if you do not have expert cleansing. Additionally a single huge stack is better than several small. Your single stack (e.g.a thousend of marksmen) may be hypnotized, but if there is no other creatures in your army, the enemy creatures attack and dispel the spell before it is your turn.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

The Triumvirate

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 26 Jun 2006, 17:35

One note: if you didn't get Summon Phoenix (I didn't get that until map 4), summon elemental does wonders as well. By this point, you should be summonning 70+ elementals for each casting, and they can definitely do quite a lot.

Another note, which really helps if you didn't develop Godric in the Haven campaign: Get Zehir to learn Arcane Omnicience (you most likely will get it in map 4), since you need scholar to learn that, Zehir can teach Godric every spell that Godric can learn. Findan, most likely, already has all the spells he can learn, but he may be missing one or two if you were unlucky. Zehir can teach him those.

Another note: Findan enters this map at the level you finished with in the earlier campaign (for me, he was level 31), but due to the level cap, his experience will be reduced to the max for this map. Next map, his level will be reset to the new experience level, and he can start earning quick levels again! (well, 40k/level isn't "quick", but it is much faster than 1 million+)
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Jun 2006, 18:11

On the other hand, it's hardly Findan who's in the most dire need of those extra levels...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

The Triumvirate

Unread postby Warlock » 26 Jun 2006, 18:28

I didn't find this one that hard. Once you get Findan it's pretty much smooth sailing. Just wander around and capture all the towns. Then build up a *massive* army of Archangels :) The hardest part is the battle with Markal, but my main problem there was I didn't realize all three heroes would be fighting him, so Findan and Godric were ill-equipped creature-wise. Couple reloads and it was fine. Just remember that you don't need to kill the summoned guys at all. Focus entirely on the starting creatures (the ones that don't blink in the ATB bar) and it's pretty easy.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

The Triumvirate

Unread postby Warlock » 28 Jun 2006, 20:39

Yeah I was amazed at how useful Banish was throughout this entire Campaign. I picked it up early hoping for the ultimate (but given that I was not offered Attack until the very last mission - I never got it) and at the time I kind of thought it might be worthless - what with it being sort of situational (vs. Inferno heroes it's great, everything else it kind of relies on them using a lot of phantom forces, etc). But yeah, tons of summoned guys in this campaign. I only wish Godric and Findan had the spell too :D

erisipelotrix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Triumvirate

Unread postby erisipelotrix » 14 Jul 2006, 17:55

Can anyone help me? I have a big bug in this scenario and can't overcome it. I freed Godric as i meant to (even tried the way of this walkthrough), but in the objectives window the quest haven't been checked (neither was any cutscene). I restarted the misson several times, but the same problem occurs every single time. However i didn't played the scenario until i get to Markal so i don't now how the game progress will be affected (probably a crush because of the uncompleted quest?) But strange that i can control Godric... And i have to admitt, when i finished the Liberation map, scenario 4 loaded in without any cutscene. Than i was able to load the Triumvirate map from the main menu. Maybe there is some connection between these two bugs. (i encountered with this bug in the necropolis campaign too, when scenario 2 jumped to scenario 4, but with loading the 3. mission from the campaign menu i solved that) Any suggestions? :(

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

The Triumvirate

Unread postby maltz » 22 Jul 2006, 01:18

> erisipelotrix

I now get this problem, too. I am not sure whether this has anything to do when I finished mission 2, where I instantly jumped to mission 4. I had to quit to main menu, then manually start this mission.

Edite: But I found a solution. I installed patch 1.2, and restarted this mission from the mission list on the main menu. I got the cutscene, and played this mission normally.
Edited on Sat, Jul 22 2006, 08:31 by maltz

Majkel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Triumvirate

Unread postby Majkel » 10 Sep 2006, 05:18

I was just completing this map , when a question came : does Markals army is more powerfull in next months ??

Tennmuerti
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Triumvirate

Unread postby Tennmuerti » 12 Oct 2006, 18:32

Interesting fact: Markal is scared of counterspell like a litle baby. I was amazed when instead of using puppet master on my stacks he started using banshee howl and auto attacking :) didnt cast a single spell his entire fight with Zehir.

I don't know if this is true for all versions and/or all difficulties. (mine was with 1.3 on hard)

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 12 Oct 2006, 22:30

Aren't the AI heroes restricted from casting lv-5 spells on Hard? (only lv 1-4).

Tennmuerti
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Triumvirate

Unread postby Tennmuerti » 13 Oct 2006, 15:41

Nope, he casts Puppet master on my troops allright, if I don't counterspell. Its the reason I tried counterspell for my first time ever anyway.
Edited on Fri, Oct 13 2006, 09:58 by Tennmuerti

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

The Triumvirate

Unread postby maltz » 15 Oct 2006, 08:23

I thought I read it in some community-made manual that the AIs can't cast lv 5 spells, or perhaps that means easy and normal. If what you said is true then this sounds like a nasty trick to incapacitate AI heroes. I'll try it when I get there myself.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Triumvirate

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Oct 2006, 09:09

maltz wrote:I thought I read it in some community-made manual that the AIs can't cast lv 5 spells, or perhaps that means easy and normal. If what you said is true then this sounds like a nasty trick to incapacitate AI heroes. I'll try it when I get there myself.
Yup, on easy and normal, the AI won't cast spells above level 3.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 15 Oct 2006, 20:48

Just fought Markal on 1.3 heroic. First tried without counterspell, and he did nothing but attack, or summon more troops in. (Back in campaign 3 he did have the entire set of Dark and Summoning Magic.) So I guess he is just not scriptted to cast nasty spells...

robermi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Triumvirate

Unread postby robermi » 04 Nov 2006, 14:05

I am not sure that we are playing the same game. One week after taking the second garrison, which I decided not to pass through, Rutger a lvl 21 Knight attacked. Att 6, Def 16 with a massive army that included Angels (10), paladins (36), squires (100), archers (260) and over 1K of peasants. The peasants alone could take out my phoneix! I am playing on normal as I have not played Heroes in years so that may have something to do with it but regardless the above is a significant army!

robermi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Triumvirate

Unread postby robermi » 06 Nov 2006, 23:45

One thing about Rutger... if you attack with Zehir you will get beaten. However attacking with Godric is easy. A large portion of his troops desert him when he is attached by Godric.

nononesense
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Triumvirate

Unread postby nononesense » 28 Dec 2006, 05:49

Like the crowd here, found this to be pretty easy until Markal. When fighting with Zehir, Markal cast banish, getting rid of my precious elementals and phoenix. Hmmm. How will Zehir defeat Markal? He has expert dark magic but never got mass slow and what's-his-name's coat is not available in the artifact merchant store. Any advice, guys? (Do girls ever play this game?)

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 28 Dec 2006, 07:52

(Do girls ever play this game?)
Some do, nononsense. It's complicated I guess. You see, "girls" tend to tell us "boys" that we are geeky and/or immature for playing video games (not all girls obviously, but some). Because of this, and the old stereotype that only men play video games, I guess that's why "girls" won't admit to playing :).

As for your question...why don't you keep recruiting reinforcements from your Haven Towns? (you aren't on a time limit, so eventually you'll have the forces to defeat him).

Good luck! ;)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Triumvirate

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 28 Dec 2006, 11:08

nononesense wrote:Like the crowd here, found this to be pretty easy until Markal. When fighting with Zehir, Markal cast banish, getting rid of my precious elementals and phoenix. Hmmm. How will Zehir defeat Markal? He has expert dark magic but never got mass slow and what's-his-name's coat is not available in the artifact merchant store. Any advice, guys? (Do girls ever play this game?)
Turnabout is fair play, so you can use Banish yourself to get rid of the summoned undead...

Return to “Articles”