New Beginnings → Retrieving the Cowl

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Deckdisz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Deckdisz » 27 May 2006, 13:12

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/265

Deckdisz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Deckdisz » 27 May 2006, 13:12

Having the Shackles and having defeated Aislinn, which was Red's big hero (in my case?), I'd figured to have nearly won! However, whether respawning has been introduced to the game, or maybe some glitch, Í have always thought that when a hero was killed, he'd be gone for good, unleast for a nice period of time and unleast this first week is not supposed to reappear in the Tavern, right?

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 13 Jun 2007, 14:48

The teleporter exits may mean you will lose your first Rampart (which you technically don't need, as you deliver the artifact to another Rampart).

Instead of trying to out-build the AI and splitting your army into two stacks, empty the city of troops and let them have it, and instead drive into their territory and capture their cities and come back later. Remember that one strong stack is better than two weaker ones, as bigger armies take fewer losses -- not just comparatively fewer losses, but fewer losses in total.

On my first pass, I didn't know the scroll was of Town Portal, so I had to use this strategy (and I believe Town Portal is disabled on this map, though not in the next one). In doing so, you cripple their ability to buy troops, which is more important than holding onto your Rampart. The AI explores slowly and poorly, so they will probably not penetrate too far into your area. Meanwhile, don't dally to flag resources. Follow roads, and recruit heroes from captured cities to capture surrounding resources.

Go through a garrison only if you can do so with negligible or unimportant losses. Plenty of time to do it later after the AI is eliminated.

Return to “Articles”