Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dungeon - The Call of Malassa

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Kojote
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kojote » 19 Oct 2013, 16:35

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/822

Kojote
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kojote » 19 Oct 2013, 16:35

I took a somewhat different approach and it turned out into something that almost felt like cheating.

My first attempt failed, because the other two Dungeon Heroes which are opposing you in the beginning went straight for the dragons at the end of week 2 and at the beginning of week three respectively. Later I found a warning about that in one of those Conflux globes.

Going back one and a half weeks I started heading for the main quest immediately on day one of week two. And even without straying much Sylsai (the dungeon hero summoning the demons) was a few steps ahead when I reached the gates at T. So I had to attack him.

I won with some losses, but it wasn’t as bad as I first thought. I took the fortress and town portaled reinforcements to me. Then I took out the other approaching hero with ease and noticed that the first opponent got no initial troops, when getting resurrected. So I decided NOT to head to C, but instead have a look at the two way portals to D and E.

It wasn’t hard to take them out one after another and I ended up having three towns and no opponent. I scouted everything I could reach. There are three stairs to the surface, but before taking C all but a small portion of the surface areas are inaccessible. The reachable areas are very similar to the one close to the starting town.

After clearing everything (including the three faceless offering training) I headed for C and took it. Then some funny things happened.

Sylsai reappeared in front of town E, but the town remained to be mine. Town D got transformed to Inferno and also got a decent hero. Plus MY secondary hero coincidentally standing there with fresh recruitments waiting to tp them to Raelag.

It dawned to me that something went wrong here and I supposedly wasn’t meant to take those town out before getting the dragons. But I thought I could as well go with it. It’s my first game with the expansion and I want to see the other maps…

I reloaded, moved the secondary hero just out of town D and did the dragon fight again. And now I have a secondary hero standing right in front of town D and crushing inferno heroes every time when there are two. I can’t take the town yet, because town F on the surface was neutral when all this happened and town D is the sole remaining opponents town.

I got the quest to search for training, but there are no faceless anymore. And I didn’t get the quest with the reinforcements at 4 yet. I’ve been there already, but nothing happened.

I got not one, but two new heroes after taking C. Menan and Sorcha (the one waiting at 2 in the beginning.)

I think it would have been better to make those two way portals in the northeastern section of the underground one way portals. The Dungeon towns of my opponents were completely or almost completely built including town portals when I took them.

Also I found something like the memory mentor of HOMM5 right north of town F. The description says that for 5.000 gold skills can be reset there. I’ll try that with Menan and Sorcha since I fully expect at least one of them coming with me to map 3 of the campaign and they aren’t very useful as they are.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dungeon - The Call of Malassa

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 25 May 2022, 19:15

Just barely got this campaign working (I had the "black screen" issue previously), made a beeline for the black dragons, and so far as I can tell, you're not beating them quickly enough to stop the reinforcements from obliterating you. As it was, I was only two days ahead of Sylsai, who comes up with ~30 Manticores *and* ~30 Minotaurs.

Offhand, there's no way to have that many after two weeks of growth, and the walkthrough doesn't mention this as a potential source of concern. Is this another case where patches made a map harder than it was originally?
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dungeon - The Call of Malassa

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 25 May 2022, 23:26

I restarted the map, and it appears that I just had *really* bad luck with the random monster stacks. Going much better.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Articles”