Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Towards the Within

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 16 Nov 2011, 08:34

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/784
The river of time wash away all heroes

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 16 Nov 2011, 08:34

2 seems a bit underrating this one, the Anton fight can be really tough if you didn't do everything right up to that point. since he has a pretty large army and many of them do light damage that both negate all your unit's damage redcution AND hits them for extra 20%. If you can get through that in one piece though it should be a cake walk.
The river of time wash away all heroes

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 02 Jan 2012, 20:41

In which spell school is Time Stasis? What does its icon look like?

Thanks!

NOTE: My game is in Russian.
Edited on Mon, Jan 02 2012, 15:54 by Naki
May the Implosion be with you!

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 02 Jan 2012, 22:17

Time Stasis is under Prime school, with an hourglass icon.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 06 Jan 2012, 17:36

Something which I found interesting and I think you should mention, is the fact that some optional quests give not only LUCK, but Magic attack/Defense and Might Power/Defense too. I did not see anything similar in most other maps.

Usually, such bonuses are gained only by leveling up or visiting a stat boost structure on the map... Thanks!
May the Implosion be with you!

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 16 Jul 2013, 03:52

This map has another interesting choice right at the start of the 3rd section; it is hinted at, kinda, in the walkthrough, but not spelled out.

if you collect all available crystals, and do NOT use any of them on the first Shadow dragon pillar to gain a level, then you should have 15 at the start of the 3rd area. there is a skeleton on the ground, right in front of you, if you turn left from where you start. It's right before you get to Sandro. The skeleton is a hidden quest. if you have collected 15 crystal, it will take those and give you about 6k experience, and 10 ghosts and either ghouls or skellies (ghouls IIRC). pads your army out nicely, right when you need it, and you will find enough crystals in this and the next area to do both of the SD pillars in the area with the crematoria. If you want to keep those crystal for some reason, then don't click on the skellie, but there really isn't any reason not to spend them here.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Towards the Within

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 01 Nov 2019, 17:55

Out of curiosity, how does one deal with the Chain Lightning spam at the end of this map? The fact that ghosts no longer heal obviously makes a large difference on the map's difficulty, but I have a hard time believing even that can overcome four straight turns of all my troops getting chain lightninged, never mind the opposing army being rather larger than mine even if I hadn't lost my ghouls even getting there. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Nov 2019, 14:58

Strange, I don't remember it.

I mean that chain lightning. But it was 7 yrs back. So it's possible, that it didn't bothered me so much.

If I'm not wrong. I took corners and was shooting and healing like mad. Considering that there was one big Spider.
Last edited by Pol on 02 Nov 2019, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 02 Nov 2019, 17:04

I just barely decided enough time had passed to try a new heroes title. Looking over the patch notes through the game's lifespan, healing got nerfed and AoE got buffed, so depending on when you last played it, it wouldn't have been much of a problem.

I just set the difficulty to Easy. That allows you to get past it so long as you're using whatever build you've gone with correctly. :)
Last edited by Bandobras Took on 02 Nov 2019, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Articles”