Dark Messiah Coming to the 360

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 02 Feb 2007, 14:23

There were rumors a long time ago about Dark Messiah developed for the Xbox and the PC. The plan is becoming a reality with the listing of a Xbox 360 version on <a href="http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... &BAB=M">CD Universe</a> (thanks GameSpot). Preorders are accepted for the game, with a listed price of $59.99 and an expected release date of May 16, 2007. There is no information about the developer that is working on the port.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1170426187
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 02 Feb 2007, 14:53

Wow, awesome news! It will be interesting to compare reviews of PC and Xbox 360. :)

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 02 Feb 2007, 15:44

Based on the problems people had making Dark Messiah run on their PC, maybe the game will get better reviews on the Xbox. No configuration hassle, no slow performance, Xbox Live for multiplayer... Still, I'm happy I was able to play it on the PC.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Feb 2007, 18:17

Consoles are evil.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avalon-Eternal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Avalon-Eternal » 02 Feb 2007, 23:05

Interesting...

Consoles are awesome :P

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 02 Feb 2007, 23:23

Bet you 10,000 gold it'll be out for the Wii at some point. The Wiimote wireless control would be great for a FPS like Dark Messiah.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Avalon-Eternal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Avalon-Eternal » 03 Feb 2007, 00:03

"Bet you 10,000 gold it'll be out for the Wii at some point. The Wiimote wireless control would be great for a FPS like Dark Messiah."

True, but the Wii would be hard put for the graphics. Would be cool though...

Remember Red Steel though, and thank God for Legend of Zelda. Of course Heroes V is better then both of them :) well, maybe...

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 03 Feb 2007, 01:14

Cool. Dark Messiah didn't run well on my laptop, so it's good to hear that it's being released on the 360.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 03 Feb 2007, 02:37

Well, I'll take it you were being sarcastic with the H5 comment, because Twilight Princess is better than Red Steel, Dark Messiah, and H5 combined. There's a reason it got 10/10 on Gamestar.

I don't know what you mean by 'remember Red Steel'. It looked like an amazing game, and I'm gonna try to play it. I'm sure Dark Messiah is better though.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Avalon-Eternal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Avalon-Eternal » 03 Feb 2007, 03:12

"Well, I'll take it you were being sarcastic with the H5 comment, because Twilight Princess is better than Red Steel, Dark Messiah, and H5 combined. There's a reason it got 10/10 on Gamestar."

It is, if its anything like Orcarnia of Time(hope I spelled that right), which I hear it is, and don't think I'm hitting on Zelda, its great, one of the best games out there ever for sure, never played Twilight Princess though :( still trying to get my hands on the coveted Wii.

Well for one H-V is different then Zelda, very different, but I still like them in their own right. I did say "maybe" because I was somewhat joking.

Red Steel is bad, I say it as a friendly warning, granted I never played it, but...

Gamespot 5.5, Gamespy 2/5, Gamesrader 6/10, Eurogamer 6/10, and Xplay 2/5

I'd rent it before shelling 50$ for it new, or 20-30$ used, but hey that's just me, and you probably already knew the reviews. COD3 also got bad reviews for the Wii. For control reasons. Hopefully if they do make DM for Wii they will make it with the controls in mind, and show you can make a good Wii shooter! I know they can if they tried. Maybe Nival could try :P I was impressed with patch 2.1 though, though the 120mb and the wait was major setbacks, the necromancy changes gave me some faith they would change the game in somewhat a more bigger way. Love those changes. And the duel editor should be good, I wanted that from the start, I wanted to have a huge army and fight a huge army, not just the somewhat non-epic size they allow currently. At least I hope editing the heroes allows army editing too, like giving each player a certain amount of points to use and buy an army.

Quest for the Dragon Bone Staff is better then Zelda though :P Now then I was being sarcastic.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 03 Feb 2007, 05:59

Can't comment on Red Steel, DM, or H5, having played none of them, but Twilight Princess is about an 8-8.5. Nowhere near a 10, IMO. It's good, but not THAT good.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 04 Feb 2007, 02:41

what about the ps3? no plans there?

Return to “News”