GoFundMe: A Real Sword from Might & Magic VI

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

GoFundMe: A Real Sword from Might & Magic VI

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 12 Jun 2018, 21:24

Attention Might & Magic fans,

This is Super Goober and, if you've played Might & Magic VI for as long as I have, at some point, you had to have stopped to admire the art and visual style of the game, particularly, the weapons. The game had some of the most beautiful weapons I had ever seen, and even the most basic of them were pretty. Well, imagine seeing a real sword, built in a forge owned by a real blacksmith. I'm talking about this sword:

Would you like to see a real-life version of it? This is the Warrior Sword from Might & Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven, and it just so happens that I know a blacksmith who make swords, and he streams it from Twitch.TV.

In fact, if you want to go check him out and see the process of making swords and knives, here is his Twitch Channel.

I've been talking with this man about making an exact replica of the Warrior Sword. He has agreed to do this for us if we can raise enough money to cover the costs of making and retrieving the sword. I live in Idaho and the blacksmith lives in Georgia. I have a launched a GoFundMe campaign to make this possible and we need all the help we can get.

The blacksmith has given me an estimate of how much the sword is worth, and he said it will be somewhere between $2500-$3000. Then add another $1000-$2000 for air travel expenses. Not cheap! But when will we ever get the chance to do something crazy like this? Not only that, I am in contact with a few of the former New World Computing people, including Tim Lang (lever designer of MM6), David Mullich, Paul Romero (composer), Shelly Garcia (Heroes 2 artist) and even Jon Van Caneghem himself. I think they would be delighted to see something like this come to life.

An actual sword from Might and Magic VI...imagine how amazing that would be!

Pol: I wish you much luck with that Super Goober, you will damn need it! This is both Might&Magic and crazy, seeing that sword 'alive' would be wonderful! Hopefully it wouldn't just sit on your ledge and travel with you around the globe a bit..
Read full article...
Last edited by Pol on 12 Jun 2018, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Return to “News”