Reminder: Change Your Passwords

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Reminder: Change Your Passwords

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 18 Oct 2016, 20:23

In light of recent events here at Celestial Heavens, we would like to remind you all to change your passwords, both for this site and others you may frequent. I'm sure you're aware of the general advice when it comes to passwords: use many letters, numbers and special signs, making sure that the password is not easily guessed by people or bots. A good tip, in fact, is to have extremely difficult passwords, and different ones for every site you visit. To remember them, write them down in a small book or leaflet and put that on your shelf. The thing is, these days it is much more likely that your passwords will be stolen through digital means such as hacking; burglars are unlikely to rummage through your house looking for that little book with passwords. If they do break in, they're going for phones, tablets, jewelry and such things.

More advice here and here.
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Reminder: Change Your Passwords

Unread postby Pol » 18 Oct 2016, 23:01

Just a note no passwords were stolen, no accounts compromised.

This is only a prevention, to be safer. Because easy passwords are naturally determined to be guessed by bots at some point, it's inevitable.

If you have more passwords and cannot remember you can use for example keepass. They will remain here safely, hidden under one master password.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 19 Oct 2016, 14:27

No worries, I have strict password classification:

1) Important stuff like bank: unique passwords so complex that I cannot remember and hide in a paper inside an old unused pc chassis.

2ù) Trivial stuff like gaming sites and forums: the same silly password since high school.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Oct 2016, 17:23

Romanov77 wrote:No worries, I have strict password classification:

1) Important stuff like bank: unique passwords so complex that I cannot remember and hide in a paper inside an old unused pc chassis.

2ù) Trivial stuff like gaming sites and forums: the same silly password since high school.
:rofl: That indeed!

Return to “News”