Request a mod for Word of Light/Curse of the Netherworld

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Request a mod for Word of Light/Curse of the Netherworld

Unread postby okrane » 23 Oct 2006, 14:45

Can someone please make a mod that simply removes those spells from the game? They're more than useless.. they're annoying... I mean you gather resources, sacrifice days to build that mage guild up to level 5 to get Resurection... and surprise... Word of light... the spell you will never use...

Since we cannot create new spells with a mod I was suggesting so simply remove them and leave Resurection and Puppet Master as the only level 5 spells... I don't think anyone would be dissapointed in losing them... I just get really pissed off when I get these spells in my MG or as a reward from some creature bank

So ... Sir_Toejam?... please?... pretty please? :D

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 23 Oct 2006, 18:56

so... making them stronger is right out?

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Oct 2006, 21:12

Well... I don't know... I thought about it... but it doesn't seem right... I mean Light/Dark casters don't need much spellpower, and a DD spell doesn't fit into the specifics of the school of magic.

At least that's what I'd prefer from all options... 100% chance to get resurection for Expert Light... same with dark and puppet master...

if somebody else has some other opinions, please don't stay quiet

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 23 Oct 2006, 21:30

Also, I know it sounds like a bit of work (it's not, really), but on any custom map you play, you can open the map in the editor and disable the spell from appearing on that map easily enough.

Other than that, I think I proposed in another thread changing the spell's level from 5 to say, 1.

that way, you would be guaranteed the spell you wanted at level 5, but without having to remove the spell entirely, which I think would require actually editing the spell database itself (something different than just editing the xdb files).

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 23 Oct 2006, 21:55

Sir_Toejam wrote:Also, I know it sounds like a bit of work (it's not, really), but on any custom map you play, you can open the map in the editor and disable the spell from appearing on that map easily enough.
Good idea... I think I'm sometimes too lazy :D

Anyway... it might be a good idea to downgrade them but then again... what would come in stead?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 24 Oct 2006, 19:38

what would come in stead?
I don't understand what you mean here.

Galactygon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Galactygon » 14 Jan 2007, 23:21

I have an idea to "reconvert" those spells into something else:

Holy Word could be renamed to Divine Intervention and Curse of the Netherworld into Souldrinker (both of these spells existed in the original world).

Divine Intervention would:
a.) completely dispel all dark magic spells from all haven and preserve creatures. And maybe from academy creatures as well.
b.) inflict the same amount of damage as right now to undead and infernal creatures. And maybe on dungeon creatures as well.
c.) restore lost mana from haven and preserve aligned spellcasters (but not the Hero). And maybe extend that to academy creatures as well.

Souldrinker would:
a.) Do the same amount of damage as of now to haven creatures but would also affect preserve creatures and maybe academy creatures.
b.) Redistribute that damage as healing (and resurrection) evenly to all undead, infernal, and maybe dungeon aligned creatures.

The spells would target creatures based on town rather than ally/enemy as many other spells do.

Fortress creatures would be unaffected by both spells, since they are not on the good or evil side.

-Galactygon

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”