Space Empires 5!!!

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Space Empires 5!!!

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 22 Oct 2006, 21:40

is out, it have some weak AI, but is a great fun to play, maybe the best space TBS ever, SE has become in the true replacement of MoM, but i still dont understand why isnt so popular , IMO the game is much better than any Civ or Space Civ (duh) game, i whish the best to this game, it deserves

anyway theres a link http://www.spaceempires.net/ the demo is at http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/24548

hope that with new patches the AI would turn better
Tigrans forever!!!!meow!!!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Oct 2006, 23:40

Bad AI is such a killer for TBSs.Remember ascendancy?Thats right,and why no?Because of its bad AI it went down lower then a limbo stick in a carneval.And thats as low as limbo sticks go.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 23 Oct 2006, 00:39

DaemianLucifer wrote:Bad AI is such a killer for TBSs.Remember ascendancy?Thats right,and why no?Because of its bad AI it went down lower then a limbo stick in a carneval.And thats as low as limbo sticks go.
Totaly right. Adding here Heroes4 :(
Goddamit, if Heroes4 would have good AI (at least as H2 or H3) that would be the only game I would play ))) (kidding.. just 89% of gaming time)
As for Ascendancy - yes good game with no ai .. therefor it died (or actualy never lived at all) nevertheless that some time later devs made patch that adds AI. It was just too late, I guess.

And as for SE5 - am waiting gaming magazine that I subscribe. Its DVD would contain demo. Wanna try it so much..

chaosgorgon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby chaosgorgon » 23 Oct 2006, 00:47

hey!! i didnt say "bad", but somewhat weak, i mean the computer in SE dont sit and wait, you know?

but is question of tastes, for example i dont like galactic civ, ok it have a nice AI, but is a game too boring -at least to me-, i preffer SE because the gameplay options and the design itself, isnt perfect, but to me is ok

if all would depends on AI, then ppl would preffer to play chess with a deep blue, you know?
Tigrans forever!!!!meow!!!

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 23 Oct 2006, 00:54

Important!

Look at this feature:

Completely customizable AI players: Create your own AI players with unique traits, styles, and speech (even script the AI yourself!)

Cool. At least it can be easily moded. :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Oct 2006, 15:23

Thats a big bonus there.And HIV survived only due to the fame of the series.Its the only game imo that deserved to survive due to old fame.

Demo installed,testing will comence soon.

Well,diplomacy looks nice.But the AI doesnt.And it reminds me of europa universalis a bit(must be because of the research).Can we have more info from the game itself?

A few questions about the...hmm...lets say bugs I found in the demo:

Sometimes ships become gargantuan,even though they are stil considered to ocupy a single hex.This is very annoying(visually),plus it takes forever for the ship to go through a wormhole.And there is no way to demolish buildings.Also,designs cannot be saved,which means you have to remake them every time,and thats tedious micromanagment.

Have these been adressed to in the final release?

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 27 Oct 2006, 20:02

I don't like the demo. Let's just say that some games are simply not meant for 3D :disagree: I'll go back to Space Empires IV, thank you.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 06 Nov 2006, 22:26

GameSpot gave it 6~ .. I hope its not what it deserves

edit:
the 1.0 was awfully buggy Just look at fix list:
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php ... =0&thold=0

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”