Countdown to Dark Messiah

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 20 Oct 2006, 21:16

arx was a pretty good game; there were some unique aspects to that RPG that got me to play it twice, all the way through.

if Arkane still has the same team, I look forward to their products.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Countdown to Dark Messiah

Unread postby HodgePodge » 21 Oct 2006, 00:31

Ryder wrote:I ordered it yesterday, the Collectors Edition, will expect it on my doorstep early November. It will probably set me back $100 but I paid $113 for Crusaders so I'll think I have a bargain no matter what.

HodgePodge, you are a very angry little ant. There are stacks of people who would recommend it and I'm guessing most of them wont be MM or HoMM players. Play the demo, judge for yourself.

Well I'm off to continue MM1 while I'm waiting for DM to show up.
HAH! I'm not an ANT (I'm not an uncle either :-D ) These so-called "stacks of people who would recommend" DM have already played the finished & released game???? I THINK NOT! So whatever they have to say doesn't mean anything yet.

If you paid $113 for Crusaders and didn't immediately return it to the store and demand your money back, then I guess you'd settle for any bowl of … errr … gruel. Not me. If DM is a GREAT game then I'll buy it … LATER! when the price drops below $50.

As far as "playing the demo" I don't have a fast enough connection to download it. Therefore, I have to rely on word-of-mouth from people who have actually played the finished & released game and will honestly say it like it is … good or bad.

Heroes 5 was the very first game I ever preordered in my life. I won't do that again. I'll buy my future games from my local EB or from Amazon … the service is far superior to the UbiSoft Store.

Anyhow, I do hope DM proves to be an excellent game, but I'm not holding my breath. Action RTS-Shooter type games just aren't my forté but who knows, maybe DM will surprise me and be the most fun game since Might & Magic 6. :) (Though, I'm still not holding my breath.)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 22 Oct 2006, 01:21

Well, I can tell you this much, I played M+M 6, and it was a good game. I played the Dark Messiah demo, and I couldn't stop.

Even if you don't go for fast paced FPS games, you will HAVE to try DM. Even the demo had decent replayability, because you could replay the game and pick different skills and attacks each time.

One of the most fun things I noticed were the tons of little quirks in the game: how you can light arrows on torches, cast freezing spells on enemy equipment, and experiment with the physics/environment.

Technically, the actual game could be total crap, but I doubt it.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 22 Oct 2006, 01:37

Thanks CloudRiderX. I'm glad to read such a positive review of DM-the Demo. Hopefully, the full game will match up in quality, replayability and most importantly, FUN. If so, I'll undoubtedly be buying the game too. But first, I just gotta hear this kind of favorable feedback from the vast majority of hard-core Might & Magic fans. :)

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 22 Oct 2006, 10:10

HodgePodge, the reason why I didnt return Crusaders is because I have a terrible, terrible disease, it's called Gottabuyandowneverythingthathasmightandmagicinthetitleitis.

This game will bring a whole new fanbase to the brand name and I believe that the success of this game will be what convinces Ubi to make a MM10. Afterall, isnt that what all us 'hardcore' MM's want, MM10? Damn straight.

Just think HP, if Ubisoft had of kept Starforce on H5 you would never of bought it. I think they removed it just to annoy you. :) :p
Edited on Sun, Oct 22 2006, 04:11 by Ryder

joerginger
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joerginger » 22 Oct 2006, 14:20

I preordered the collector's edition a while ago. Hopefully the Ubisoft shop will be more efficient this time, Heroes V took ages to arrive because they had mixed up addresses.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Countdown to Dark Messiah

Unread postby HodgePodge » 22 Oct 2006, 15:20

Ryder wrote:… Just think HP, if Ubisoft had of kept Starforce on H5 you would never of bought it. I think they removed it just to annoy you. :)
Heehee. I not only returned Crusaders of M&M and got a full refund but I played through MM9 twice and didn't like it so I sold it at a loss; I don't miss it at all. Though, I still play Might & Magic 6, 7 and 8 quite often.

Heroes 5 isn't a bad game, I've gotten many hours of fun from it and will probably buy the expansion. I might get DM too, but I want to see how it settles with the fans first. I'd very much like to see Might & Magic 10 but I'm not gonna buy DM just because maybe that would help insure MM10. I do hope DM is a GREAT game and sells well. :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 23 Oct 2006, 00:37

HodgePodge wrote:Thanks CloudRiderX. I'm glad to read such a positive review of DM-the Demo. Hopefully, the full game will match up in quality, replayability and most importantly, FUN. If so, I'll undoubtedly be buying the game too. But first, I just gotta hear this kind of favorable feedback from the vast majority of hard-core Might & Magic fans. :)
Actually the only thing you have to look for is of they optimised the engine.It had a few bugs in the demo,and it wasnt very well optimized,but was decent however,and I trust arkane will fix the few bugs that are present.And when they do you will know for sure that they mean bussiness and if they say they will patch the game monthly,they indeed will patch it monthly.

As for the fun and gameplay,trust me this game will be awesome.I compare it with thief and deus ex in its inovativity.

Return to “News”