Countdown to Dark Messiah

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Oct 2006, 20:41

The wait is nearly over: one of the most anticipated games of the year, <i>Dark Mesiah of Might and Magic</i>, comes out next week. We'll let you know if the early reviews (84% at PC Zone UK and 88% at PC Gamer UK) were reliable. In the meantime, tell us <a href="/viewtopic.php?t=4307&highlight=">if you plan to buy the game, and when</a>. Ubisoft started shutting down the beta test servers (even if they still offer an open beta access when you preorder the game on their online store). However, it is still possible to play the game by launching the runme.exe program under Steam\steamapps\your_account_name\dark messiah multiplayer open beta\. Thanks to the always resourceful Mana for the tip.

GameSpot posts <a href="/http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/darkm ... .html">new movies of the game</a> on a regular basis: the latest (#15) is a video interview with Sascha Dikiciyan and Cris Velasco, the composers I mentioned <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/index. ... 5">earlier in the news</a>. The second one (#14), <i>Cooking With Your Friends</i>, is a silly and funny parody that shows, again, the various ways to kill an enemy. One can wonder if there's even a plot in that game!

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1161290507
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Oct 2006, 23:34

Well, fooled I was by Ubi with their last game, so this one will be a wait and see, so the countdown for me is all about what is said about the game once she's out
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 20 Oct 2006, 00:39

Countdown to … who gives a crap! DM will have to prove itself in gigantic, poetic terms to entice this gamer to put down the gold!

Fooled once, twice isn't in the stars. But if the mega-majority of the Might & Magic Community highly recommends this game (as in highly recommended like MM6 and/or MM7) I'll consider purchasing it. I'll not be suckered into UbiSoft's blood-sucking clutches again!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Oct 2006, 00:50

Gather round and listen to the insightfull devil that told you way back that HV is going to be just an average game,if not pure crap.He also told you that DM promises way more than HV.He is telling you now that he still thinks that :devil:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Oct 2006, 01:37

So, you suggest we boycott Dark Messiah because Heroes V wasn't the game you expected? That we convince Ubisoft to give up the franchise and hope that someday New World Computing might return from the dead? That Might and Magic X might grow somewhere in a tree?

It just ain't fun and I don't think I'll be here in a year from now if that's what this community thing is all about. I'm not blaming you and your views about H5, it's just that sometimes I ask myself: why f-ing bother?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Oct 2006, 01:41

Say what?I never said boycot DM.I said quite the opposite.It will be a hit.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 20 Oct 2006, 03:59

I think angel just got so used to your continuous caterwaling he just knee-jerked into thinking you were off on yet another rant.

while he was wrong in this instance, I don't blame him, to tell the truth.

I rarely have seen someone as narcisstic as yourself.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Oct 2006, 04:06

Why thank you.I consider that a compliment :devil:

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 20 Oct 2006, 04:12

I see you understand what narcissism means then!

good for you!

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 20 Oct 2006, 06:31

I ordered it yesterday, the Collectors Edition, will expect it on my doorstep early November. It will probably set me back $100 but I paid $113 for Crusaders so I'll think I have a bargain no matter what.

HodgePodge, you are a very angry little ant. There are stacks of people who would recommend it and I'm guessing most of them wont be MM or HoMM players. Play the demo, judge for yourself.

Well I'm off to continue MM1 while I'm waiting for DM to show up.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Re: Countdown to Dark Messiah

Unread postby arturchix » 20 Oct 2006, 06:47

Ryder wrote: HodgePodge, you are a very angry little ant.
lol :devious: Sorry, Hodge, but that's so true - just try to be a little more positive! :tongue:

Put it this way - it's more likely that Might and Magic X will be announced after success not failure of Dark Messiah. I believe that Dark Messiah will be quite a hit this year and this might result in Arkane developing MM10. The same philosophy goes about Heroes V.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Oct 2006, 09:25

arturchix wrote: lol :devious: Sorry, Hodge, but that's so true - just try to be a little more positive! :tongue:
Actually being realistic is the way to go.Ubisof does indeed have lots of mediocre games,and did ruin some good titles(prince),but it has a few successes.You have to judge mostly by the info you get on the particular game,and on the demo of it.Those were quite good for DM,so the game will fall in the smaller category of ubis great games.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 20 Oct 2006, 10:54

>>and did ruin some good titles(prince)

Hm.. I can not agree. I've played (and finished) two first parts of the game (by Broderbund) in 89 & 94. The games were really good for their time. But I do not see anything that can be ruined there. Its just climb&hit&run. Ubi did the same.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Oct 2006, 11:08

Exactly,it was ok for a game back then,but its not ok for a game now.While original prince has a bit of nostalgia,it has great puzzles and time constraints,and interesting duels,sands of time however has neither of those.It was just a way to get money by using a famous title,just as they did with doom.The worst thing is that this tactic works.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 20 Oct 2006, 11:59

May be, but still I do not see the ruination. UBI have kept main things prince, castle, traps, jumping & climbing, fighting

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 20 Oct 2006, 12:10

Gee, I am looking forward to DM and I for sure am not basing it on HV! DM is going to be a big hit.. I just pray my computer will support it.. I for sure am buying it the minute it hits the stores.

As far as HV, it isn't all that bad, especially with the improvements of the patches, I just don't like the editor and am hoping the expansion is an improvement on the game and editor and I think it will be..

And Pleaseeeeeeeeeee Angelspit, don't ever leave CH. This forum will get better and we will be lost without you. The majority appreciates you and this forum and most try to over look the few bad seeds.. Hang in there, Tomorrow will be a better day... :)
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Oct 2006, 12:17

MistWeaver wrote:May be, but still I do not see the ruination. UBI have kept main things prince, castle, traps, jumping & climbing, fighting
All of it was dumbed down to make room for shiny graphics™.While once fighting a single enemu required substantial skill,now fighting dozens is a piece of cake.While once puzzles were inventive and hard,now a 5 year old can solve them in a blink of an eye.And no race against the clock.It was such a fun(and still is)to get to the princess as soon as possible.Now you can take your sweet time.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 20 Oct 2006, 19:32

No doubt Dark Messiah WILL be a great game.

Griffin Eternal.

;)
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 20 Oct 2006, 20:04

As far as I'm aware Dark Messiah is an action game, more so than Oblivion correct me if I'm wrong. I don't see how this qualifies the developer to make Might and Magic X.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Oct 2006, 20:10

Because Arkane Studios created a CRPG called Arx Fatalis before they worked on Dark Messiah.

Return to “News”