New Faction?

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

New Faction?

Unread postby Elwin » 10 Sep 2006, 00:46

Well, it would sure ruin some parts of the game, but Heroes IV seriously needs another alignment. Suggestions?
In the diameter of the Universe, we are but a single flame. To say that we're insignificant is to give us....too little credit. But if the universe chooses you to be part of its plans, then you better let go because it makes it more fun when you don't know what's about to happen next!

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Re: New Faction?

Unread postby klaymen » 10 Sep 2006, 13:07

Elwin wrote:Well, it would sure ruin some parts of the game, but Heroes IV seriously needs another alignment. Suggestions?
that will be very hard, because there are some friendly allignments (you can see them in tavern) so placing a new one .....hmmm very hard task
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Sep 2006, 14:05

When you look at some of the hidden objects in the current H-IV editor, there is an additional city icon that reads remove when placed on the map. It seems obvious 3DO/NWC was working on an additional city, but alas funds were unavailable to finish it.

I suspect that the amount of work required is too much to ask a project that is privately funded and work accomplished only as real world commitments allow. I would be happy if they would release what they currently have.

As have as rebalancing, the faction could be completely neutral with no changing of the current setup (somewhat similar to the Elemental faction in H-III), however it would need some handicapping to make it competitive.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Elwin
Peasant
Peasant

I

Unread postby Elwin » 10 Sep 2006, 17:34

think that maybe because in Heroes 4 the factions got mixed up....like chaos is a combination of Fortress....and inferno and dungeon, so we need a totally original one. Not Conflux......? Or maybe....my ruins alignment (from my heroes 5 gamefaqs post board).
In the diameter of the Universe, we are but a single flame. To say that we're insignificant is to give us....too little credit. But if the universe chooses you to be part of its plans, then you better let go because it makes it more fun when you don't know what's about to happen next!

rhomboidspace
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rhomboidspace » 10 Sep 2006, 20:30

jeff wrote:When you look at some of the hidden objects in the current H-IV editor, there is an additional city icon that reads remove when placed on the map. It seems obvious 3DO/NWC was working on an additional city, but alas funds were unavailable to finish it.
the town item your thinking about that's in the editor but not in the game is the outpost town. it was origionally planned to be a neutral town that doesn't have any faction and when a player aquired it they could then select a faction.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 10 Sep 2006, 21:15

rhomboidspace wrote: the town item your thinking about that's in the editor but not in the game is the outpost town. it was origionally planned to be a neutral town that doesn't have any faction and when a player aquired it they could then select a faction.
Equi team, put all your work aside and work on this outpost town :)
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 16 Sep 2006, 13:39

maybe they can create some new neutral creatures?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Sep 2006, 14:17

rhomboidspace wrote: the town item your thinking about that's in the editor but not in the game is the outpost town. it was origionally planned to be a neutral town that doesn't have any faction and when a player aquired it they could then select a faction.
I was aware it was the outpost, but I was not aware of any characterisitics.
Sauron wrote: Equi team, put all your work aside and work on this outpost town :)
Whoa, let them release what is ready before they put all work aside. :beg:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 17 Sep 2006, 02:48

Us faithful Equilibris fans have been patiently waiting for the release of Equilibris 3.6 for more than a year. Hopefully, the Equi Team will finish what they are working on and release it BEFORE beginning any new projects. Please release Equilibris 3.6 soon. Thanks. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

TheUnknown
Pixie
Pixie

Idea For New Faction

Unread postby TheUnknown » 15 Oct 2006, 19:05

First of all I don't think adding new factions to H4 is important, H4 needs balancement in minor aspects, repairing some bugs and improving other esthetics ok ok and the AI but I had a nice idea about a new town and I tought I shoud share it :D

The new town type will be opossite of might, you will be able to buy only magic heroes. Will have a blacksmith in which you may buy potions and scrolls for learning spells (every weak the scrolls should change, maybe 2 weeks :) ). It's special building will be like the magic dampender but it will decrease the resistance of enemy creatures and heroes or will increase the efect of all spells of all frendly heroes and creatures B-) . Other special building can be a university where you'll be offered one skill from nobility, one of tactics, one of combat and one of scouting.
Becose you'll not be able to buy tactician, creatures will be less dependable from tactics, change for nobility will be the special buliding(improves efects of magic). There will be creatures like evil sorceres, dark champions goblin knights, ice demons, evil eyes, mermaids, peasants, pirates. Some other neutral and/or summoned creatures may replace this ones for balance issues. -Neutral Town hehe
I proposed these creatures becose adding new creatures to H4 is rather hard otherwise there would have been something like:
lvl 1 DD spellcaster :D other lvl 1 support and curse caster (spiritual armor, mass celestial armor and chocking cloud (like the potion) mass disrupting ray if possible) lvl 2 unit that will have fire aura always cast on them, sparks (maybe should have mire too) other lvl 2 that would be able to cast mass heal, regeneration, PLAGUE, poison. Then there will be lvl 3 with the summoning spells from nature (may have giant strength on them) other lvl 3 creature with the summoning spells from death, should also have insupstancial ability. One of lvl 4 should have steal all enchancements, fireball, fire ring, inferno, ice and fire bolt (bolts becose StealAllEnch. is very strong, may also have town portal ;| ) other lvl 4 will be imune to magic and after the attack will cast canceletion and lightning like the thunderbirds but becose they would grow 2 on week their thunder will be weaker (this is naturaly but if you build the special building the thunder would be stronger). Some of this creatures may be good fighter besides having spells something similar to the ogre mage.
-Spiritual Town spiritual becose they dont relly on their might but on magic which is spiritual power :proud:

The only problem with this town will be the creatures statistics (you'll have to get a tactician and nobility but even then their statistics will be below average). ok ok dark champions are super strong :) but their growth should be 1.5 BTW I think they should have less spell points.
BTW might should have something like scroll shop in the town or maybe better resistance.
You can make nice strategies in any town but there will be "moral" :loll: problems with the neutral town.

Le_Faucheur
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Le_Faucheur » 16 Oct 2006, 17:34

those creatures seem extremly powerful! 8|

Siegfried
Pixie
Pixie

right

Unread postby Siegfried » 16 Apr 2007, 14:06

A pure magic alignment as opposite to the might alignment is the only logical alignment extension. Could be useful.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: right

Unread postby Akul » 20 Apr 2007, 16:38

Siegfried wrote:A pure magic alignment as opposite to the might alignment is the only logical alignment extension. Could be useful.
Right now there are 1 Might Faction and 5 Magic Faction (neither of theme can survive long without magic).

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 21 Apr 2007, 09:50

we dont need new faction, but new creatures could be good:

level 1,2,3 to academy
level 2,3 to haven
beautiful lich to necropole
level 1,2,3 to barbarians
add tgs and wow creatures...... (darck champions, big gobelins.....)

is it possible about ubi ?
Last edited by pacobac on 25 Apr 2007, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

Siegfried
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Siegfried » 21 Apr 2007, 11:05

Sauron wrote:
Siegfried wrote:A pure magic alignment as opposite to the might alignment is the only logical alignment extension. Could be useful.
Right now there are 1 Might Faction and 5 Magic Faction (neither of theme can survive long without magic).
These 5 factions are no magic factions. They are a mixture of might and magic factions. And they all won't survive long without the other part.

A pure magic faction should be a faction that can survive without might, just with magic. A pure magic faction as opposite to the might faction.

@pacobac: Indeed, it is not really needed, but it could be nice. And it would have some logic. So if it is possible, why not. And btw that would need some more creatures. Some magical creatures.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 21 Apr 2007, 14:46

pacobac wrote:we dont need new faction, but new creatures could be good:

level 1,3,3 to academy
level 2,3 to haven
beautiful lich to necropole
level 1,2,3 to barbarians
add tgs and wow creatures...... (darck champions, big gobelins.....)

is it possible about ubi ?
Yes we need them!!!

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 21 Apr 2007, 20:06

Siegfried wrote: These 5 factions are no magic factions. They are a mixture of might and magic factions. And they all won't survive long without the other part.

A pure magic faction should be a faction that can survive without might, just with magic. A pure magic faction as opposite to the might faction.
Neither can't Stronghold survive without magic. Stronghold is with a reason declared the weakest faction of theme all.

While ballance betewen Might and Magic is more ballanced in H4 then in H3&5, Magic can survive easily without Might heroes can survive without might. Every time I play H4 (with any faction) I play a pure magic and just sometimes pure might.

I would rather like that Stronghold got at least some magic (Mages Guild (random spells) until lv. 3 perhaps?). Then it could finally be playable.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 21 Apr 2007, 22:59

i don't think they should get magic... their heroes just need to get stronger. Or maybe the building costs should be lower.

Sincerely... if might heroes get a little stronger you will be able to do the whole map just with them.

Siegfried
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Siegfried » 22 Apr 2007, 06:46

okrane wrote:i don't think they should get magic... their heroes just need to get stronger. Or maybe the building costs should be lower.

Sincerely... if might heroes get a little stronger you will be able to do the whole map just with them.
That depends on map size. If they are speedy enough, yes. I recently played the "Elvin and Shaera" campaign a more barbarian like way, and elvin alone won against about 30 hydras and 40 effreeti (a neutral stack without hero). It was a combination of optimum morale, some defense boosting artifacts, the flame sword, some spells (1. dragon strength, 2. regenerate, 3. revenge), much healing potions and gm combat and gem melee. O.k., a barbarian would not get these magic skills, but still...

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 22 Apr 2007, 10:20

Well... I think that giving them some interesting items to compensate magic would do the trick.

What about a Potion of Regeneration: regenerates x per hero level for 3 rounds?

Return to “Equilibris”