Garden of the Wee Folk

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Re: Garden of the Wee Folk

Unread postby vhilhu » 11 Oct 2006, 20:54

Bonzer wrote:
vhilhu wrote
no realli in Wesnoth a freeking bat killed 3 my trolls
How did that happen? Did they choke on it?
1 town with a (human player) enemy bat in it. i attack it with 3 trolls. all of them miss. several turns. they just keep missing(because of things like that i gave up wesnoth). so 1 of the trolls died right away and 2 of the rest got hit by enemy reinforcements(because i didnt want to leave the town alone after so much trouble and hoped to get out of this clean). maybe its just that i never cared to do dry practice on campaigns and i was just inexperienced. but i was just plain dumb anyway to choose orcs when 1 of the 2 enemies was a necro. its impossible without dragons/royalists to beat them.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 12 Oct 2006, 14:36

RaSmuShaDoW wrote:
okrane wrote:I have 2 problems with this...

2) Have you ever gotten gems from that thing? I haven't...
It's the same as with the "Tree of Sylan" (or something like that). The tree mey level up a hero for a small fee or even for free. So far I have only met greedy trees :)
I've gotten free trees- I recall getting them in the original, with patch 1.1 (various campaign maps) and with 1.3 (the one I just reviewed!) I do not recall with 1.2 - I didn't play much with that update, since it was basically just 2 maps for me.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 13 Oct 2006, 15:19

okrane wrote:1) The name is probably the worst, lame, gay, stupid, idiotic, pathetic, ridiculous, annoying, repelling, hilarious name I have ever seen in the Heroes series.
You find a guy, dressed in tights, dancing like he's nuts... how do you want to call him?
Morior, ergo sum

Cyrox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Cyrox » 13 Oct 2006, 16:04

Lady Farquad wrote:
okrane wrote:1) The name is probably the worst, lame, gay, stupid, idiotic, pathetic, ridiculous, annoying, repelling, hilarious name I have ever seen in the Heroes series.
You find a guy, dressed in tights, dancing like he's nuts... how do you want to call him?
Dancing leprechaun?

On a side note, it really reminds me of Tom Bombadil in the Battle for Middle Earth II game. That guy dances around on the battlefield and really packs a punch too!

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 13 Oct 2006, 18:46

[quote="Lady Farquad]
You find a guy, dressed in tights, dancing like he's nuts... how do you want to call him?[/quote]

If you asked him why he was dancing he'd probably reply that he'd just weed himself.
"So why not stand still?" You say.

"Because I haven't finished yet!" comes the squeaky reply.

All I can say is don't eat yellow mushrooms.
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 Oct 2006, 20:18

Marzhin wrote: Makes you wonder what the reaction of the parents will be when their child will say "I'm going to play with my wee..."
Haha, good one :D
On a side note, it really reminds me of Tom Bombadil in the Battle for Middle Earth II game. That guy dances around on the battlefield and really packs a punch too!
Oh yes I know, and his death song/roar is awesome :-D And I just cant wait for the expansion pack, coming this winter, the new hero can turn into a ww :D *going off to play BFME 2*

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 13 Oct 2006, 21:15

I don't see what all the fuss is about. I happen to like this name, as well as the Vessel of Shalassa - it's much more imaginative than 'summon boat' and it takes about five seconds to figure out what's behind the name.

It looks like some people are laying into every single aspect of HoMM V merely because they have an insatiable need to be laying into something. Geez.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Oct 2006, 21:34

I like vessel of shalassa and eldritch arrow as well.But wee folk?Isnt that actually the opposite of what you said?Leprechaun compared to the wee folk is exactly what vessel of shalassa is to summon boat.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Oct 2006, 22:04

Metathron wrote:I don't see what all the fuss is about. I happen to like this name.
Hey everybody, he likes the Wee.

Sorry, just couldn't resist. The name does sound alot better if you use an irish accent.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Oct 2006, 22:31

I still think its better with scotish.
G.K.Willie wrote:Help,the wee turtles were too fast for me

Return to “Heroes V-VI”