Neverwinter Nights News

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 27 Sep 2006, 01:24

I know with the uncapatibility of NWN2 and NWN, many developers are releasing years long projects intended to go with NWN2 now for NWN.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 27 Sep 2006, 15:21

For anybody wishing to see if their system can handle the game, try out this link.

http://www.srtest.com/referrer/srtest

It's a site that allows you to test your system versus the game requirements. For Neverwinter Nights 2, my system met the requirements, but not the recommended. No more anti-aliasing for me in this game either. But it's not like I'm buying it for the graphics.

One last thing, has anybody played the new Wyvern Crown of Cromyr for Neverwinter Nights? It's not too bad. The story is pretty good and the addition of horses and capes (not the lame capes that are in 1.68) is a nice bonus. Also, the new prestige class is so-so. It's really just a buffer/fighter.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 02 Oct 2006, 21:30

Sadly, my RADEON 9200 SE AGP failed on the vertex shader and pixil shader tests. Am I hosed or can I run without the fancy shading?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 03 Oct 2006, 00:36

Dumb question, but did it fail for the required or recommended? Because my ATI Radeon Mobile failed to meet the recommended requirements as well. I barely made the required for my vertex and pixil shaders.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Oct 2006, 00:57

Is anyone thinking of buying the Limited Edition? Will it be worth the money?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 03 Oct 2006, 03:09

I failed on all counts, sadly. And of course I failed for HoMM V as well. But that I figured out on my own.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 04 Oct 2006, 00:30

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Dumb question, but did it fail for the required or recommended? Because my ATI Radeon Mobile failed to meet the recommended requirements as well. I barely made the required for my vertex and pixil shaders.
Sigh. I failed at required. And I probably won't be able to afford a new computer till next year. Would you happen to know of a cheap ($100 or less) replacement card that could do the job? My CPU is too slow and I don't have enough memory either to meet the recommended requirements.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 Oct 2006, 00:54

You could get a used ATI Radeon 9800 for about $50 (excluding shipping) on eBay (I bought another after my old Radeon got damaged). But if your processor and memory aren't enough, the card can't run the game all by itself.

I pass all requirements, to my surprise. My CPU (a 2.2 Ghz P4) might be a bit of a problem though. But since I was not particularly impressed by the first NWN, I might pass.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 04 Oct 2006, 01:04

Angelspit wrote: .... But since I was not particularly impressed by the first NWN, I might pass.
I like NWN a lot. For me. it's a good break from WoG. ANd my laptop can barely play it! :D

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 04 Oct 2006, 15:20

Note: I scrapped the stuff I had originally written about the presell not working. It only doesn't work on dial-up apparently.

Also, for those of you looking for something to play while waiting for Neverwinter Nights 2 (aside from Heroes of course), I suggest downloading the Player Resource Consortium. I adds a lot of new prestige classes which adds quite a bit of replay. And if you want a weird 3-part story, download the Stormy Night, Narcopolis, and Wake modules.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 17 Oct 2006, 14:48

Neverwinter Nights 2 is gold !

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 17 Oct 2006, 14:54

Sweet!

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 26 Oct 2006, 01:42

ByteBandit wrote:I know with the uncapatibility of NWN2 and NWN, many developers are releasing years long projects intended to go with NWN2 now for NWN.
Yeah, I know how that goes. I finally get the writing talent to craft an epic story that is not cliched and then I find it is needed to upgrade my computer.

Well, whatever, I think I'll stick with NWN until the job is done even though many will have moved on.
Hell has frozen over...

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 26 Oct 2006, 03:34

They may eventually come out with a utilitiy that allows for conversions of NWN custom content to NWN2. You never know.

7 more days...

Grand Blanc huh? Raiders make good Bobcat food from what I hear.

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 26 Oct 2006, 15:05

Omega_Destroyer wrote:They may eventually come out with a utilitiy that allows for conversions of NWN custom content to NWN2. You never know.

7 more days...

Grand Blanc huh? Raiders make good Bobcat food from what I hear.
They are going to allow for the transfer of conversations and scripts easily, just export then import. However, the problem lies with getting everything to look right. I need to see how the toolset runs and what placeables are in it before I make the plunge, so to speak.

Apparently you know more about the Bobcats than I do. Not that it matters much though.
Hell has frozen over...

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 26 Oct 2006, 16:56

I had to ask someone who Grand Blanc's team was. I'm originally from Genesee County and know the Grand Blanc area pretty well sans the football team.

I was able to download the tool set early because I preordered the game. I never used one for the first game, so it's taking a bit to get used to it. Sure a lot of options as far as terrain, tile-sets, and placeables are concerned. It would be nice to see old mods updated with the new engine. I'd love to see how Stormy Night, Narcopolis, and Wake would look with the new Toolset.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 02 Nov 2006, 01:27

It's finally out. Hope you have a strong rig to play it. It's pretty slow on my laptop, but at least turning off the shadows helps substantially.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 02 Nov 2006, 04:33

My LE copy that I ordered from Walmart was supposed to arrive today but I got an email saying the release date was changed to the 6th. Earlier today I drove to the nearest Walmart and they did not have it in stock.

Meanwhile, I got my copy of Dark Messiah toay and the prologue won't even start. Bleh.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 02 Nov 2006, 06:58

It took about 3 hours worth of driving around various stores to find a copy. I didn't even bother getting it at the store I had it preordered at, because they weren't going to get it till about 4, which is lovely when you have a class at 6. One of the Best Buy's I went to said they couldn't find a box containing 34 copies of the game. Another Best Buy I went to said they had the game around 10 and sold out. The guy I spoke to told me I should have been there, which is ironic, because I was there at 10. If you want a game to be released on time, it seems you have to Final Fantasy, Halo, or Grand Theft in the title.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 02 Nov 2006, 08:36

now that's dedication OD ... you sure wanted that copy and wanted it early!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”