Expansion HOMM 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 11 Sep 2006, 05:15

If I can enlist some people with good imagination, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor..I have something in mind. The threads I had about spells, artifacts, towns, ect have pretty much died. They were meant for people to showcase there imagination, but sadly nobody seemed interested. So coming soon to campfire (with enough people enlisted) I would like to propose some creativity. New creatures, or old creatures made better. New spells, or improve the old ones. Interesting new artifacts or twists on older ones. This should be a group effort by fans, and not about 1 persons dreams. If interested please PM me. If I get at least 4 individuals who are commited to this project it will start soon.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Sep 2006, 05:48

Slimaralalallion
:D , nice

as for the whole D&D thing, yeah, it did codify most of the fantasy lore, and for that reason alone it will be the repository of information for most people, even if the origins of said creature, spell, item comes from some other place
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 11 Sep 2006, 11:25

vhilhu wrote:ok im not going to argue about tolkien, ive only read LotR and Hobbit, not Slimaralalallion and dont remember much from them anyway. but id want orcs back as pig-men even less.
I don't want to argue about personal taste, but just add mine: I dislike piggish orcs as well as green ones. The orcs in HOMM1 were the best ones so far, even though they were a bit corpulent ;). But the best orcs I have ever seen in a game are those from Dark Messiah. They are red, which corresponds to their history as being created from men and demons. I hope that, if they're going to be included in HOMM5, they will look similar.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Sep 2006, 20:47

Darkstroem wrote:I dislike piggish orcs as well as green ones. The orcs in HOMM1 were the best ones so far, even though they were a bit corpulent.
IMHO the H1 Orc looks pigish....

And how aren't LotR Orcs human-like?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 27 Sep 2006, 04:59

just a question ... how many patches before release ... any guess ?
jj ? :P
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 27 Sep 2006, 07:06

At least one.

Fingolfin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Fingolfin » 27 Sep 2006, 20:34

vhilhu wrote:ok im not going to argue about tolkien, ive only read LotR and Hobbit, not Slimaralalallion and dont remember much from them anyway. but id want orcs back as pig-men even less.
In Silmarillian, Tolkien didn't mention the appearance of Orcs. The only thing remotely relating their appearance is that they are the polar opposite of the firstborn, i.e. Elf, in every aspect of the characteristics. Elves were similar in statue to men, but elves are wiser, more beautiful, more skillful, and free of illness. Of course, elves are immortal, so are orcs.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 28 Sep 2006, 14:34

Fingolfin wrote:Of course, elves are immortal, so are orcs.
Are they really?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Sep 2006, 16:11

Darkstroem wrote:
Are they really?
Can you say "never confirmed"?

You all seem to forget that the Sillmarilion wasn't a finished work, and that his son edited it and sometimes finished stuff. My fav ideea was the "from animals" one. With maybe some elf and human blood in the mix. Lets give Morgoth some credit in inventivity.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Cyrox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Cyrox » 28 Sep 2006, 16:19

ThunderTitan wrote:
Darkstroem wrote:
Are they really?
Can you say "never confirmed"?

You all seem to forget that the Sillmarilion wasn't a finished work, and that his son edited it and sometimes finished stuff. My fav ideea was the "from animals" one. With maybe some elf and human blood in the mix. Lets give Morgoth some credit in inventivity.
Erm I thought in the Silmarillion orcs were created from elves that were enslaved by Melkor.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Sep 2006, 16:26

Cyrox wrote: Erm I thought in the Silmarillion orcs were created from elves that were enslaved by Melkor.
It's the prevalent myth about their origin in the Silmarillion, but it's not definitive. And it's mostly presented as a "maybe". At least that's what i recall. There are definatly other versions. And Morgoth is just another name for Melkor.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 28 Sep 2006, 17:48

ThunderTitan wrote:You all seem to forget that the Sillmarilion wasn't a finished work, and that his son edited it and sometimes finished stuff.
Never would I forget that! ;)
It's the prevalent myth about their origin in the Silmarillion, but it's not definitive. And it's mostly presented as a "maybe". At least that's what i recall.
That's right. We don't know whether that was the definite version he had in mind in his last years or a rejected one.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 29 Sep 2006, 03:43

well we do know that he wanted to somehow change that fact , but we don t know for what...
What we don t know etheir, is who hired the guy in charge for writing the HV story ? and why is it sooo lame ? and predictible, and ... dumb !!
Not hat it is much worse than the HIII initial campagn thought :mad:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Sep 2006, 04:23

Kilop wrote:well we do know that he wanted to somehow change that fact , but we don t know for what...
What we don t know etheir, is who hired the guy in charge for writing the HV story ? and why is it sooo lame ? and predictible, and ... dumb !!
Not hat it is much worse than the HIII initial campagn thought :mad:
Yes it is,because that one at least had character development.

As for who hired him,I think ubi is the response.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Sep 2006, 11:07

Kilop wrote:well we do know that he wanted to somehow change that fact , but we don t know for what...
Oh, for crying out loud, he only made the change after he decided only Eru could give life, so it was more of a placeholder. And as i recal the way it's told is meant to make it seem like a myth, not a certain thing...
Kilop wrote: Not hat it is much worse than the HIII initial campagn thought :mad:
You sure you've been playing the same games?!

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 29 Sep 2006, 13:09

I definitely think most of the units in this game need more abilities in general. A lot of the units have very plain jane abilities imo. So I wouldn't mind to see your list of unit changes added to the current roster.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 29 Sep 2006, 13:23

You sure you've been playing the same games?!
I said initial , meaning the resauration of heratia, with catherin griffonhoeurt or something like that, then yes, the story was boring...
Shadow of death was good, but trying to that was not my point.

I think so that units needs some more abilities, one that I love is strike first, give that o genies, to make them stronger...
or change the way fling work , because teleporting units get no advantage out of it .[/quote]

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Sep 2006, 13:58

Kilop wrote: I said initial , meaning the resauration of heratia, with catherin griffonhoeurt or something like that, then yes, the story was boring...
Shadow of death was good, but trying to that was not my point.
Youll get the same answer,you know that?ROA has excelent character development,even though the story is completelly cliche.

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 29 Sep 2006, 14:01

ok , i quit, your right, before is better :disagree:

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 29 Sep 2006, 23:02

Kilop wrote:ok , i quit, your right, before is better :disagree:
H3 story is a great one. Shadow of Death could have been a good story if it didn't have a lot of holes.

And what a hell does the story have to do with the fact that the story was better just if it was made before?
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”