RT Game Thread: Rules & Regs

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Sep 2006, 17:33

Nobody really reads sticky threads...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Sep 2006, 17:40

Some do.And more than those that read burried threads.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 11 Sep 2006, 02:04

i tend to read neither .... but a sticky game thread may get noticed a bit more, not sure about that, but it may happen ....
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Sep 2006, 12:21

It won't. Tried it already.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Sep 2006, 13:10

Well newbies might not look into it,but it sure will help us regular players not to search the thread over and over again :D

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 11 Sep 2006, 13:33

Just make a bookmark in your browser if you're that worried about it.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 27 Sep 2006, 17:25

Updated.

1. Rage of the Carrots -- locked
2. Quiz -- locked
3. Seek, Find, Post - Season 7 -- locked
4. Hang Man - Part 3 -- locked
5. Hang Man - Part 4 -- locked
6. RT Championship -- locked

7. Find the Flaws -- temporarily on hold
8. Diary of Yog the Barbarian -- temporarily on hold

9. Might&Magic Riddles -- ongoing (looks like Kareeah's riddle requires a hint)
10. Part of the Whole -- ongoing
11. Million GP auction -- ongoing
12. Caladont -- ongoing
13. Twilight of Peace -- ongoing -- related threads: Sign-up thread, OOC comments
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Sep 2006, 17:29

Nice, cheers.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 27 Sep 2006, 17:36

No big deal, actually ;|
Thanks anyhow :-D

edit: Hey, I'm exactly 1001 posts behind you! I think I'll start an Arabian Nights thread and post a story every night...:D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Sep 2006, 17:58

theLuckyDragon wrote: I think I'll start an Arabian Nights thread and post a story every night...:D
Don't forget to end it in the middle each night. But the wifely duties might make it more pleasant to just get your head chopped off.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Sep 2006, 11:59

Milla has put forward an idea for a new game: "What happens next?"

("A gaaaame?!" the Game Nazi cried, cracking his knuckles)

The general idea is that the players post a (or several) pictures they have taken with their cameras, and then ask 'what happens next?' - the other players will then guess at what the final picture will contain.

This could for instance be a picture of me holding a glass of water in my hand, and the final picture could be of me wearing a very wet shirt and an empty glass...

Seeing that you'd need a camera for this, the number of players may be a bit limited; how many of you guys'd be interested in such a game?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Sep 2006, 14:40

That could be nice. We, 'don't-have-camerarers', could just play by guessing then? Or we would be forbidden to play? :?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Sep 2006, 14:57

Well, I dunno, really. I was personally thinking that the winner of one round would go and post the next but...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Sep 2006, 16:20

How about if Milla takes the pics and we get points for guessing. That way i'm sure that there'll be plenty of playas... :devious:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Sep 2006, 16:35

That should do.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 29 Sep 2006, 00:53

well if milla starts I have an awesome suggestion for the series of pics .... and i reckon i can get the membership to this place buzzing quicker then the release of an really good HoMM game!! ;)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Oct 2006, 00:46

The Part of the Whole game has been closed due to lack of activity. A new and improved version is to take its place within the next few days.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 21 Oct 2006, 00:52

stefan.urlus wrote:well if milla starts I have an awesome suggestion for the series of pics .... and i reckon i can get the membership to this place buzzing quicker then the release of an really good HoMM game!! ;)
Tell me :oex:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 Oct 2006, 07:00

Updated again. Though, I can't shake that feeling that I missed something. ;|

1. Rage of the Carrots -- locked
2. Quiz -- locked
3. Seek, Find, Post - Season 7 -- locked
4. Hang Man - Part 3 -- locked
5. Hang Man - Part 4 -- locked
6. RT Championship -- locked
7. Part of the Whole -- locked

8. Find the Flaws -- temporarily on hold
9. Diary of Yog the Barbarian -- temporarily on hold

10. Might&Magic Riddles -- ongoing (looks like Kareeah's riddle requires a hint)
11. Million GP auction -- ongoing (approaching the grand finale)
12. Caladont -- ongoing
13. Twilight of Peace -- ongoing -- related threads: Sign-up thread, OOC comments (anyone care to give us non-readers an update on the action?)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Oct 2006, 07:17

theLuckyDragon wrote:(anyone care to give us non-readers an update on the action?)
Sure thing.A brief resume:
The party has entered a tournament for various reasons,and on the day it was supposed to start,dragons appeared and attacked the city.So the organisers tried to teleport them to safety,but due to an intervention of a half-godess named sunrunner,they were shifted back in time instead.There the sorceress met her end by leaping into dragons mouth.The party was then informed by the god paladus that the being named highlord is just using the tournament as a way to gain power to defy gods themselves.The party was then attacked by some thugs while they were in a small town,but dispatched them quickly.However,the thug mage managed to summon a dragon ally,which would probably slaughter them all if he wast repeled by two smaller good dragons.The dragons then informed the party of a few ways to battle highlord,and the party chose to visit the order of the velvet rose,a peculiar group of orcish healers.Two party members,sunrunner and myself,carelessly woke up the water guardian of the place,but the spirit was again put back to slumber by lady rose,who is the matron of the order(a godess?).The party was offered the knowledge the order has only if they past cetain tests,and the party agreed.After the first test,however,the fighter misteriously dissapeared.But the party was then joined by a druid.

The party is currently doing a second test for the order of the velvet rose,a strange order of orcish healers.Upon finishing all of the quests,the party will receive the knowledge on how to battle the highlord.Is the full resume needed?

Return to “Campfire”