What's the weather like?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

What's the weather like?

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Sep 2006, 02:14

So whats the weather like where you are now?Me,I have a streak of sunny days with some nice wind breezes.Its cca 20 degrees,though I wouldnt mind if it got a bit colder.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 26 Sep 2006, 02:54

geez, you sure are getting grumpy and anal as you get older DL :D but worry not, I'm sure it's just a fad ;)

sunny, 20-23 for next three days, then apparently 28 fun-filled degrees on friday
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Sep 2006, 02:57

Something alike Australia, just like stefan said, since Brazil is in the same tropic, although, it is a bit cold during the night, around 9º C (for me it is cold. I'm used to 40º C which is rather common at north, where I've lived for 12 years). They say it won't be cold anymore and temperatures can go up to 30º C until weekend. B-) Good for beaches. Too bad I'll be moving.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Sep 2006, 03:03

Ugh!Im glad Im not in one of your cauldrons.I just hope this winter we will have some quality snow(the white thing that falls from the sky,and its not drugs :devious: ).

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 26 Sep 2006, 03:20

cauldrons are fun, if you can get out and jump in a pool whenever you like, and have decent air-conditioning

yeah - brazil weather would be pretty similar to here panda - I hear ya about 9 degrees being cold, anything less than double digits is too cold for me!!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 26 Sep 2006, 08:04

While I was away from home because of my operation, it's been rainy around here. Yesterday it was sunny and very warm, though the wind was blowing. Today it's cloudy and it'll probably be ok later on.

(Jeez, I'm so bored that I'm talking about the weather!)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Sep 2006, 12:33

It's autumn. It's cold, foggy and rainy.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2006, 12:51

Cloudy over here. and it rained over the weekend, filled the network switch/hub (?) with water. Bloody weird.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Sep 2006, 13:15

It's Autumn, I'm in Gothenburg, so by all logic it should be gray and rainy. Strangely enough, it's sunny, and really warm for the time of the year - over 20 degrees. :confused:
Last edited by Gaidal Cain on 26 Sep 2006, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2006, 13:20

Ah, our old friend global warming.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 26 Sep 2006, 13:21

Here in Latvia right now it is very sunny, over 20 degrees for a week now. Luckily the weather forecasters are finally predicting some autumnal weather this weekend - I really can't stand the cold mornings (at 7 AM, when going to work) and then burning middays, this is how I caught a bad cold recently.

I don't remember such a warm September in my life.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 26 Sep 2006, 13:52

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Fall in Washington - or for me... Autumn in Annandale...

It's in the low 70s (22C for my metricians) which is room temperature... nice breeze, blue skies, where are my golf clubs?!?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Sep 2006, 14:35

Well, there are some cities nearby that it actually snows, but not that often. Maybe 1 day a whole year, and nothing but 1 or 2 cm of snow on the ground. :D I've never touched snow. I'd rather prefer a cauldron instead.

Today is around 20º C, sunny and cloudy, alternating. A stinky pestilent smell pouring everywhere. :ill:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 26 Sep 2006, 17:24

Panda Tar wrote:I've never touched snow.
Are you serious? 8|

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2006, 17:39

theLuckyDragon wrote:
Are you serious? 8|
If things keep going around here my descendants won't either. Man, i miss the winters of my childhood. Stupid global warming.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Sep 2006, 17:54

We had a nice winter last year.Although it got shifted somehow(it lasted from late january till end of march :| )

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2006, 18:13

Well it was better then previous years as it snowed more, but the snow always melted after 3-4 days.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 26 Sep 2006, 18:22

We always had long winters where I live and last year it got kinda shifted too. But that only happened where I lived. In the spring I went to the french contest in a county in the south of the country and there the magnolias were blooming; I was like 8| because back home large patches of snow were still lying around.

@TT
There's always the North Pole to move to ;)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Sep 2006, 18:54

This year's winter was wierd. Like DL said, it started later than it uses to, and lasted longer as well - there was snow continously into April. Then summer came late May, and has lasted until now. Meh. I like spring.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 26 Sep 2006, 19:29

theLuckyDragon wrote:
Are you serious? 8|
Yes. In Brazil, snowing is just as rare as raining at Saara (not that rare, though :D ). The whole country is above arctic lines, and just when it gets really cold, it snows. This year it was colder than before, and it snowed 2 times in 2 different cities, but it only last 1 day, both of them were on the mountains (which are also not that high). Due geology and position, this country has no drastic climates. Hot weather is mostly common. At north, where I've lived 12 years, it was always 30-42º C, almost all the year. Even when it was winter, it was barely around 30. Here at south, it got 3 at night this year, and I've never felt that cold before. When I was living at Brasília, capital of this country, it is dry and cold or rainy and hot (winter, summer). It can be as dried as Atacama Desert (8-9% umidity). There are no high mountais enough to hold eternal snow.

So, even when it gets really cold around here, I must travel to the mountais and wait for snow to come, if it is going to come, that is. :)

Return to “Campfire”