A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Sep 2006, 21:55

"Hello all", I say as I return to the main cave, my sneaking skills the reason no one saw me leave, "I suggest we move right along, cause the dragon in the other cave, while back to sleep now, will wake up in a couple of hours with some hunger .... don't ask how I know ...."

I smile, and head towards the ledge and then I step off into space, to join DL, and Zarvyx
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 20 Sep 2006, 22:50

This certainly is not what I was expecting to happen during the tournament. One minute I'm praying that I don't have to face some raging ogre or lion, and the next I'm in a cave with my team and a distratuful woman. After taking the time to ensure that nobody was seriously injured and consoling the shaken woman, I attempt to discren the identity of the etheral voice.

The only thing I can rule out is that it wasn't my deity offering guidance. The voice was too different from my patron. Perhaps it was coming from the dragon?

"Probably not a wise idea" I mutter under my breath. "Take a leap of faith.... No problem for a cleric. My faith will protect me"

With that, I walk out the cave entrance and up to the edge. Then I say a quick prayer, step off, and start pursuing my fellow teammates.

"This is going to be an interesting day."
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 20 Sep 2006, 23:59

Banedon wrote:EDIT: Post deleted; I'm not sure I want to take such drastic action yet.
It turns out I do after all.

After making sure everyone had left the cave, this sorcerer went to the dragon and shook him. The dragon promptly woke up and ate this sorcerer up, ending her life and making things much easier for her...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Sep 2006, 00:02

:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: Well,that sure is called free will :loll: :loll:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Sep 2006, 00:23

OOC see ya banedon
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 Sep 2006, 09:00

For the tinyest split second, a highly unlikely alignment of the spheres occurs and everybody in the world has a sort of day dream including a tiny green man prancing around and laughing, then sitting on a chair and getting comfy, as if preparing to hear a good story by the fireplace. The next second though, everyone forgets this odd incident and goes back to doing their respective stuff.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Sep 2006, 10:24

Anyhow,to get back on track(if everyone has crossed),whats the pyramid like?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Sep 2006, 10:40

The pyramid is shaped like a cone, with six flat sides. There is a huge sign reading: "Closed, please do not enter without proper guides." Off to the side there is a lift, and it does seem to be in working order, that seems to go down all the way to the ground. Something drawls your attention to the Pyramid; however, almost like a magnet. Then Sunrunner says....

"Why here, I mean why were we brought here? I think we are here for a reason. Maybe we should check out the pyramid. Anybody have any feelings or thoughts one way or another about this? Seems we can go down this lift safetly and be on the ground."

The pyramid is carved out of what appears to be Onyx, with strange writing none can seem to comprehend. It feels...old. The lift is sturdy and large, as if used to bring people or things up on a regular basis.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Sep 2006, 10:47

"It seems like the pyramid is populated,though the pressence in it is not all bad.And besides,it seems like a tourist attraction,so at least the entry halls should be safe.Im for exploring it"

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 21 Sep 2006, 14:14

I figure there must be some reason for us to be brought here, so I just go inside the pyramid.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 21 Sep 2006, 14:31

I go inside the pyramid. And I want to know if someone is home so i just scream:"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANYONE HOOOOOOOOOME?" *cough* *cough*

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 21 Sep 2006, 17:10

Milla's Loveslave takes a leap of faith joining the party. Entering the pyramid, MLS moves along the right edge fealing as he goes.

Wryly mutters... we are going to need another guide.

The lift appears safe but I believe we will need an inspection. CAn we lower the lift without passengers? Or is operated from the lift itself?

I suggest Urlis and myself search for another route while the party inspects the lift as long as it does not take us out of the party's reach.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Sep 2006, 19:11

The lift can operate from inside of it, with a pully system (somebody has to work the pully though)..leads all the way to safe ground. Besides the pyramid no other lifts or ways off the rock the pyramid is on.

No answer for the is anybody home yell, but you do hear creaking and ..something moving arround in there.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 21 Sep 2006, 19:23

I look around to see what details of this main entry area I can find out
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Sep 2006, 19:27

After i too reach the pyramid and look around I get in the lift and wait for the others to follow.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 21 Sep 2006, 19:30

ok, i follow.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Sep 2006, 19:53

"Cowards"

With those words I enter the pyramid.And take sunrunner with me.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Sep 2006, 19:57

"What, i'm slightly claustrophobic." Waits to see what the others will do.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 21 Sep 2006, 20:04

OOC:So Myticle doesn't have to post a description of what those who look inside see, here's a PM I got with its description.
Mytical wrote:Ok you see various 'rich' looking things but get the feeling mostly props. 2 doors one to the left, one to the right. The one to the left is lined with relatively unknown statues except one. A stone statue (about 10' in height) of Paladus. On the others side is an equally big statue (made of the same material) of Thamus. Most of the things in this room you doubt has any merit OR value, as they are probably just to impress visitors. You see signs telling you not to leave the main corridor without experienced guides, and warning you of danger if you do so.
BIC:

As I'm looking around the inside of the main entry, I glance over as DL and Sun enter within.
Signature:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Sep 2006, 20:10

You see me standing just near the entry and doing a bit of a chat with myself.

Then I say to Zarvyx(and anyone else that has entered as well):

"Left feels safer.I think we should go there first."

Return to “Campfire”