Pet Peeves

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Sep 2006, 01:31

Yes,its like eating a piece of meat that is so delicious,and then you find out its actually frogs meat.It completelly changes the taste.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Sep 2006, 01:47

Frog tastes good! :yummy: It's like chicken...but completely different... ;) .... :| .... :?? Well, that is hard to explain. :x

But you see:
It is bad when somebody invites you to his/her home to eat something 'different' and you find out the worst food on the world awaiting for you. You cannot puke that out, just chew in an endlessly motion until they get tired to watch you, then you just drink water as fast as you can hoping for a fast digestion.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Sep 2006, 01:52

it doesn't bother me what type of meat it is, as long as it takes good, but this then rules aout what could possibly be made to look somewhat like a nice steak, yet turns out to be a piece of LIVER!!!! :vomit:
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Sep 2006, 02:02

Panda Tar wrote: It is bad when somebody invites you to his/her home to eat something 'different' and you find out the worst food on the world awaiting for you. You cannot puke that out, just chew in an endlessly motion until they get tired to watch you, then you just drink water as fast as you can hoping for a fast digestion.
Bah!Being polite is overrated.I always like people that voice their oppinions more than those that are lying or pretending in order not to insult.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Sep 2006, 02:15

Would you just be invited to someone's home, having his/her mother do all those stuff with gentleness and then you say: "I don't like it"?

Besides my behave of not being reprimant, I still like not to see people sad, disappointed or else, even if that means my own disgrace. That's something my fathers taught me. :proud:

Oh, but I can be tough if the occasion asks for it. :devil:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Sep 2006, 02:24

I'm a grin and bear it kind of person in this situation, but generally i speak my mind :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Sep 2006, 02:34

Panda Tar wrote:Would you just be invited to someone's home, having his/her mother do all those stuff with gentleness and then you say: "I don't like it"?
Yes I would,and I did a few times.I am not very picky,and I can eat almost anything,unless its really awful,or a soup,or boiled vegetable.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Sep 2006, 04:07

so you wouldn't be keen on a really awful, boiled vegetable soup then? :D

Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fenris » 19 Sep 2006, 07:05

stefan.urlus wrote:so you wouldn't be keen on a really awful, boiled vegetable soup then? :D
Yuck, a couple of years ago I had to eat the worst boiled vegetable soup that has ever plauged the world. Usually with badtasting food you'll just take the smile-and-think-of-happier-days-approach. That was the only time that hasn't worked. It looked and tasted like boiled brain served in rainwater from Bangkok. And then the classic "Do you like it?" came...
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 19 Sep 2006, 07:12

dare i assume that at that point you vomited on the person asking?? :D

Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fenris » 19 Sep 2006, 11:05

stefan.urlus wrote:dare i assume that at that point you vomited on the person asking?? :D
Well, almost... I just swallowed anything that tried to fight it's way back to the plate and: "Well, uh... it's... er..." Good for me that the one asking was a rather understanding person.
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Sep 2006, 11:46

stefan.urlus wrote:I'm a grin and bear it kind of person in this situation, but generally i speak my mind :D
That's quite nice.

You see, those who know me understand my face and my answers. I'm that kind of person who says: 'yeah' without much feeling even if I think that's the best thing on the world. But something on my entonation shows when I say 'yeah', when I'm hating it. So, that friend of mine who invited me for a lunch or else knows what to do next: supermarket shopping! :D

P.S.: but their parents don't need to know that, do they? :rumor: And everybody knows I eat a lot as a panda does. When I drop there and don't each that much, there's not much of a use for any explanation either. ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Sep 2006, 15:13

stefan.urlus wrote:so you wouldn't be keen on a really awful, boiled vegetable soup then? :D
I dont even put my spoon in that stuff.I just say "I dont like soup",and it is replaced by something better(like a nice big piece of meat,yum!)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 20 Sep 2006, 01:49

i don't mind a good soup, like a crab meat, or sweet corn and chicken, but yeah .... meat is good
P.S.: but their parents don't need to know that, do they? And everybody knows I eat a lot as a panda does. When I drop there and don't each that much, there's not much of a use for any explanation either.
that's normally one of my giveaways as well, i tend to eat a lot, so if it's gross i will just save my hunger for a burger on the way home .... or a really yummy kebab

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Sep 2006, 12:11

DaemianLucifer wrote:
I dont even put my spoon in that stuff.I just say "I dont like soup",and it is replaced by something better(like a nice big piece of meat,yum!)
Except when they are all vegetarians, which was the case. :D I had to dream about a meat while eating rabbit food.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Sep 2006, 12:48

Dont get me wrong,I love vegetables.But I like it in its basic form,raw.Except for the potatoes,of course.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Sep 2006, 17:35

Raw potato is lovely. :-D

Mandioca that is something difficult to eat if we don't boil, roast or fry. Putting salt on it. Yumy!!!

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 20 Sep 2006, 17:53

My blasted car battery dying is defintely high up on my list of pet peeves.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Sep 2006, 18:09

Omega_Destroyer wrote:My blasted car battery dying is defintely high up on my list of pet peeves.
Either buy better batteries, or take better care of it (no radio when the engine is off etc.)
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 20 Sep 2006, 19:03

ThunderTitan wrote:
Omega_Destroyer wrote:My blasted car battery dying is defintely high up on my list of pet peeves.
Either buy better batteries, or take better care of it (no radio when the engine is off etc.)
Car batteries die eventually no matter how well you take care of it. And it's damn annoying when they do. Ditto for having to replace tires and or breaks. That's always a nice way to blow half a G.

In fact, getting ANYTHING done on your car is annoying. You take it in to the mechanic for an inspection, expecting only to pay 50 dollars or so. And then they call you later in the afternoon:

"Yes, Mr. C., uh, well your car does pass state inspection sir, but we took the liberty of doing a 5,425,403 point standard service inspection and we highly recommend that you change your Logarithmic Widget Belt. What do you want to do?"

Well, how the heck should *I* know? What IS a logarithmic widget belt? Do I need it? How much does it cost? How long will it take to repair? You ask them about cost and they tell you about 450 dollars. Ugh. But what are you going to do? What if I say no, don't fix it? And then I'm on the highway and my Logarithmic Widget Belt gives out and I get stranded or (worse) in a wreck! I'll feel pretty stupid I didn't get it fixed, won't I? So I say, "Sure go ahead and fix the LWB, I was thinking of getting that done anyway," knowing all the while you're probably just getting raped but feeling powerless against it. OR you say, "Well I'll think about it and make another appointment later," knowing all the while you have no intention of making an appointment and you are just praying that the LWB isn't related to something important like, you know, stopping the car.

The last time I got my oil changed, something like this very thing happened. I got a call and they said some belt was cracking and I should get it replaced. "OK," I said, knowing I wouldn't be eating for the rest of the month. This was at, like, 5:30 in the evening. Now, the service department CLOSED at 6. And when I picked the car up, I got the bill and it was like 470 USD. The belt itself cost about 25 dollars. The rest was labor. HUH? 445 dollars for what was, AT MOST, 30 minutes of work?

And the worst part about it all is: you put down almost half a thousand dollars to get some "vital part" fixed, and when you're driving off the lot, THE CAR DOESN'T FEEL ANY DIFFERENT! It's not like when you BUY a 500 dollar stereo and you have something new to play with. So you're basically driving away wondering what the heck you just wrote a check for.

Yeah, I hate getting my car serviced.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Return to “Campfire”