After 3 patches, what is the verdict?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Sep 2006, 13:07

Sir Alock wrote: Lord Ertz: Let me ask you something...You have 300+ replies on this board & HoMMV is "not your cup of tea"? Then why are you even here? Bored? Also...Somene asked in another thread..."Will You Buy The Expansion" & your reply was..."I'll borrow it" Why borrow it if HoMMV isn't for you?

Maybe you're a kid & you can't afford it, or you're an adult & cheap. Either way...Piss Off! There is simply no reason for you to be here!
So what if he doesnt like HV?Its not the only game of the series.There are four more that came before it,if you didnt know.I too hate what they did to one of my favourite games,but even though I see how incompetent they are,I still hope that somehow,sometime,they will make it a trully decent HoMM game.And I probably will hope forever.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 17 Sep 2006, 14:21

I would suggest waiting for expansion. If it won`t bring new big problems then with expansion H5 can be great game.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 17 Sep 2006, 16:05

Sir Alock wrote:
LordErtz wrote::disagree: Not my cup of tea
Lord Ertz: Let me ask you something...You have 300+ replies on this board & HoMMV is "not your cup of tea"? Then why are you even here? Bored? Also...Somene asked in another thread..."Will You Buy The Expansion" & your reply was..."I'll borrow it" Why borrow it if HoMMV isn't for you?

Maybe you're a kid & you can't afford it, or you're an adult & cheap. Either way...Piss Off! There is simply no reason for you to be here!
To answer your question
1. I am bored, I spend more time here watching people complain about HOMMV and others try and persuade those that this game is great than I do even playing the game
2. If my comment or opinion can be summed up in the shortest amount of words, who are you to say that those words are any less than yours?
3. I responded to a thread that asked if I would buy the expansion...I replied "I'll borrow it" which answers the thread's topic...See #2.
4. I was probably playing HOMM I before you were in kindergarten. I've been playing all these games since at least a decade+ ago. I know the games inside and out without thinking. If I'm disappointed about this game, I have every to say so...and with that I say:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I will not buy the expansion pack. Not unless they fix the bugs. Not unless they fix the balancing. Not unless...who am I kidding these 2 are already impossible...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this game is nothing of its former glory and never will be unless the fans make their own HOMM series.

"I'll borrow it"
"Not my cup of tea"

Deal with it.

PS I'm an adult and I'm cheap...what's it to ya (say in Italian accent)
Last edited by LordErtz on 17 Sep 2006, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Sep 2006, 16:17

Deal with it.
Damn Milla, that's like an infection :|
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Sep 2006, 18:09

Pol wrote:Damn Milla, that's like an infection :|
She's an infection all by herself anyway. Deal with it. :devil: ;)

Seriously, if H4 taught me 1 thing is that you should alway play a game in it's full version before buying it. Stop giving ppl money based on hype and previous editions.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 17 Sep 2006, 21:22

I think that the problem of Heroes V is that it is similiar to Heroes III. Sure, the game has it's unique features, and it was made similiar to HIII because fans wanted it that way, but for me HV, altough I like playing it from time to time, is all-in-all too boring. That is, for someone who played HIII a lot. If you're a new player in Heroes universe, the game is good for you. But as a Heroes fan I just can hold myself from bashing HV because it reminds me of HIII, which is an unbeatable, iconic game for me...

PS: And the number of bugs in HV does not help too...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Sep 2006, 21:26

dragonn wrote:I think that the problem of Heroes V is that it is similiar to Heroes III.
With half the stuff missing. And the new stuff isn't enough of a replacement, even if some of it isn't half bad.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 17 Sep 2006, 21:36

ThunderTitan wrote: With half the good stuff missing. And the new stuff isn't enough of a replacement, even if some of it isn't half bad.
I wouldnt mind if they removed the 7th day exploit,or the no flagable windmills.

WretchedGnu
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby WretchedGnu » 18 Sep 2006, 04:19

Omega_Destroyer wrote:A lawyer is a person who writes a 10,000-word document and calls it a "brief." -Franz Kafka
Hmm, I've read just about every English-translated word of Kafka's, and I've never encountered that quoation. Is it really just your own, maybe....?

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Re: After 3 patches, what is the verdict?

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 18 Sep 2006, 05:44

difool wrote:I've resisted buying the game up to now (partly because of other interests,
and partly because of my experience with buying H4 the day of release),
so what is the state of the game as currently patched? A worthy successor
of the Heroes name, or a disappointment, or something in between?
The game is passable with this latest patch. To be honest I'd pick up another game and not touch this until the expansion is out. That is when the game will finally be truly finished(hopefully). They left out vital features(simultaneous turns) that would make multiplayer playable. Their are VERY few spells, next to no neutral units, and various other glaring oversights that screams rushed.

Don't get the game now as their are tons of other games more deserving of your money honestly. If you want to get it either way at least wait until the price drop. It's not worth its current price.

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 18 Sep 2006, 07:16

LordErtz wrote:
Sir Alock wrote:
LordErtz wrote::disagree: Not my cup of tea
Lord Ertz: Let me ask you something...You have 300+ replies on this board & HoMMV is "not your cup of tea"? Then why are you even here? Bored? Also...Somene asked in another thread..."Will You Buy The Expansion" & your reply was..."I'll borrow it" Why borrow it if HoMMV isn't for you?

To answer your question
1. I am bored, I spend more time here watching people complain about HOMMV and others try and persuade those that this game is great than I do even playing the game
2. If my comment or opinion can be summed up in the shortest amount of words, who are you to say that those words are any less than yours?
3. I responded to a thread that asked if I would buy the expansion...I replied "I'll borrow it" which answers the thread's topic...See #2.
4. I was probably playing HOMM I before you were in kindergarten. I've been playing all these games since at least a decade+ ago. I know the games inside and out without thinking. If I'm disappointed about this game, I have every to say so...and with that I say:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I will not buy the expansion pack. Not unless they fix the bugs. Not unless they fix the balancing. Not unless...who am I kidding these 2 are already impossible...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this game is nothing of its former glory and never will be unless the fans make their own HOMM series.

"I'll borrow it"
"Not my cup of tea"

Deal with it.

PS I'm an adult and I'm cheap...what's it to ya (say in Italian accent)
Lord Ertz: It appears as if almost every post you make is negative in nature! So you own HoMMV? BTW....I don't care how long or short your threads/posts are, simply that you appears as if you don't care for HoMMV! So, in short, why bother lurking around the HoMMV forums? You must be bored to tears!

BTW....I'm semi-old (43) born 12/31/62. I bought HoMM1 the day of it's release (August 31st 1995 in the US) which I was playing on a Compaq 486 DX2 CPU. So, you may be older then I am, but surly you haven't logged-in more hours then me with that title! To this day HoMM1 was & still is my all-time favorite game I have ever owned! I just wrapped up the "Knight Campaign" last week for the untold time.

You reply to me is "child-like" & I'm not looking to get into a silly name calling scenario. You are entitled to your opinions, it's just that maybe you could change gears every so often & not be so negative! Which is why I ask....."Why bother posting here" I'm "dealing" with it just fine, I seems as if you are not.

My Warmest Regards.

PS: I forgot to mention that we should ALL be thankful that we even have another HoMM game to give our thoughts to!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Sep 2006, 07:40

Sir Alock wrote: PS: I forgot to mention that we should ALL be thankful that we even have another HoMM game to give our thoughts to!
Interesting how people say everyone is entitled to their own oppinion,and then they write something like this.No,we shouldnt all be thankfull there is a new HoMM game.Personally,I am not.You may be thankfull,but dont tell me what I should do.You enjoy the game?I envy you then,because I dont.But that doesnt mean I dont love the series and that Im not allowed to say why I dont like the new instalment,and what Id like changed.

LordErtz
Demon
Demon

Unread postby LordErtz » 18 Sep 2006, 11:54

I will post something positive when I find something positive that I like about the game :) You have to understand that both of us (I am not as old as you) are veterans of this series and I just had much higher expectations (so much higher that it's almost impossible to achieve at this point, mods and fans or no mods and fans). I'm with DL on most of his points.

I like the fact that the game is new, not like the other games, but it stops right there. I stick around to see if somebody finds a way to make the game better, or at least finds some undocumented changes since the devs decide we don't need to know anything.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 18 Sep 2006, 13:09

I enjoy the game even though Nival seems bent on destroying the academy.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Sep 2006, 13:14

That can at least be fixed by mods.Although those mods will be odd if coupled with fan made maps that bypass academys weaknes.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”