Vampire Lord...Had enough!!!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
sandinista
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Vampire Lord...Had enough!!!

Unread postby sandinista » 17 Sep 2006, 22:11

Hi all,

wondering if someone can post me a save game file for the vampire lord level..last one of the ranger campaign. I've been playing this game for TOO LONG and really just want to finish it and start playing HOMAM 3. I have tried this level half a dozan times and cannot get anywhere, tried following the walkthrough (various walkthroughs!!) and no luck. I think I screwed up when leveling up some time and missed out on resurection spell which I think is mandatory to finish this. When I move fast the AI (and nicoli) are so much more well stacked, when I take my time it just gets riduiculous. I had to fight off 7000 spectral dragons one time!!! OMG!!! I never patched anything, I've had no problems with the game up til this level so I didnt wanna mess with anything, felt no reason to patch. Do the patches make this level any more bearable? If so please let me know...if not...or even if so, I would love someones save game patch so I can just move on to the last campaign.

thanks

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 17 Sep 2006, 22:42

never patched anything
that's why you are fighting 7k spectral dragons.

don't listen to those who say "don't patch".

the patches fix a LOT of things that made several maps unplayable.

anywho, that said, you can simply use cheat codes to get yourself out of that map.

cheat codes and installation instructions are here:

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... eats.shtml

that should get you through just fine, and you can keep your heroes as they are.

sandinista
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sandinista » 17 Sep 2006, 23:07

thanks for the response Sir_Toejam!

wayne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wayne » 18 Sep 2006, 01:02

I got hit by the bug also. I was thinking that it was caused by taking too long to kill Nicolai.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 18 Sep 2006, 01:39

Yeah the AI was a huge cheat 1.0, got massive resources and such. May want to stop at 1.1 or 1.2 though. 1.3 new resources might throw things off, not positive but it might. Anyhow one key is, grab everything in sight, leave nothing for the AI (mines ect), and whittle them down. Avoid Nicky if possible unless you have the phoneix or killed all the spectre dragons to return daylight. (Because he respawns with some nice troops if you dont). Every week buy (if possible) the troops in the most recent 2 towns that you've captured..this means that the enemy has to fight those to take the towns back (and then for awhile can't recruit more). So they loose the troops taking the city (especially from towers) and can't replace them till the following 'monday'.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 18 Sep 2006, 05:19

yeah, i agree you should stop at 1.2 until after you finish the single player campaign. the maps weren't designed for the massive resource changes introduced in 1.3.

Ketzal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ketzal » 18 Sep 2006, 19:19

Sir_Toejam wrote:yeah, i agree you should stop at 1.2 until after you finish the single player campaign. the maps weren't designed for the massive resource changes introduced in 1.3.
I don't know, I'm in the middle of the last campaign, and I think that I benefitted tremendously from the reduced gold cost of the Cloud building (Colosus). Yeah the additional resources required are a pain, but now I can take 2 or 3 Colosi into a battle agains far supperior armies and beat them with my magic abilities.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 18 Sep 2006, 19:23

Ketzal wrote:
Sir_Toejam wrote:yeah, i agree you should stop at 1.2 until after you finish the single player campaign. the maps weren't designed for the massive resource changes introduced in 1.3.
I don't know, I'm in the middle of the last campaign, and I think that I benefitted tremendously from the reduced gold cost of the Cloud building (Colosus). Yeah the additional resources required are a pain, but now I can take 2 or 3 Colosi into a battle agains far supperior armies and beat them with my magic abilities.
the question is... were you supposed to be able to do that?

it isn't a matter of making it easier/harder, but rather changing how it plays out.

*shrug*

either way, the campaign should be completeable with both versions of the patch (1.2 and 1.3).

the changes with 1.3 are so drastic, it makes me think it might have been done to add replayability to the campaign.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 18 Sep 2006, 21:59

If you play the single player campaigns in patch 1.2, you will later regret that you didn't play it in 1.3 that everyone's story is based on. So my take is --- delete all your saves and restart with patch 1.3 (just kidding).

SigX
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

would appreciate help

Unread postby SigX » 21 Sep 2006, 21:24

So I am having the sme problem. started this last sylvan adventure in version 1.3. this is the first problem I have had Played 4x now always with same result. Run into nicolai first time he had 4k dragons, then 15k archers, this time with 12k archers on week 5!!!! Sick of this stupid game. Anyway, tried the cheats, but can'tget them to work. any suggestions? can I get a save game from somebody or something. just very fed up. :tired:

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 22 Sep 2006, 00:26

If you don't mind, check the walkthrough offered on this site and see if you can get any help from there.

SigX
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SigX » 22 Sep 2006, 02:38

I did that (that was the forst thing I did). It did help me get more stuff (like finding the golden bow or whatever). Still had stupid nicolia chasing me down with 10k archers. Frigging stupid game. Kills 100 of my archer per turn and I had like 37 defense or something (all total with my artifacts added in).

Each time i play its another few hours, i can't bear it to run into him again with these unfair odds. Once I ran into him and he had 4k dragons. Seriously 4k??? The programers need to be more realistic and set caps on the number the enemy can get. Just not realistic to defeat that.

If I could just get the scheats working then I would bulk up before facing him but I can not get the stupid console to pop. Tried the instuctions on two different website without any luck. :tired:

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 22 Sep 2006, 14:50

4K dragons means you probably fight him way too late. The walkthrough did stress at the beginning that you have to do it fast, right? Also, people say the patch should fix the dragon problem. I've never seen it in my game before (based on patch 1.1)

SigX
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SigX » 22 Sep 2006, 16:28

maltz wrote:4K dragons means you probably fight him way too late. The walkthrough did stress at the beginning that you have to do it fast, right? Also, people say the patch should fix the dragon problem. I've never seen it in my game before (based on patch 1.1)
You are correct. that time I took my sweet time getting to him. the last 2 times I have played I ran through as fast as possible. I would estimate that I ran into him in the under ground. It is month 3 week 2. Is that too long? Pleas ebe honest. is is possible for anyone to amass an army and beat 10k skelly archers (along with the rest of the crap he has) at 16 weeks? Thanks in advance, i do appreciate your help. :)

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 22 Sep 2006, 18:29

That's weird. Which version (patch number) are you using? At least my patch 1.1 was fine, and people who have taken their sweet time in patch 1.2 and were also fine.

SigX
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SigX » 22 Sep 2006, 20:08

maltz wrote:That's weird. Which version (patch number) are you using? At least my patch 1.1 was fine, and people who have taken their sweet time in patch 1.2 and were also fine.
I have only used 1.3. I was just finishing tha previous quest when 1.3 was released but decided to wait till I was done, patched it, then started this quest.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 22 Sep 2006, 21:56

Could it be possible that patch 1.3 actually restored this bug from 1.0? If you can, you might want to try it in patch 1.1 or 1.2. The walkthrough was based on 1.1, and people said things have changed a little in 1.2.

By the way, I've alos had enough of the "not enoughT movement points".

Ive had ENOGUHT!!
Last edited by maltz on 22 Sep 2006, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 22 Sep 2006, 21:58

it wouldn't surprise me.

might be worth opening up the map and watching what the ai does to see.

wayne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wayne » 23 Sep 2006, 03:10

When I got hit by the bug, it was month 7. I replayed it and killed Nicolai in month 6. Anyway, the armies (22k skeletons, etc) were evenly distributed between three heroes (Nicolai, Lucretia and one more) so Nicolai wasn't particularly strong.

SigX
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SigX » 24 Sep 2006, 20:09

Finally worked, 4th time. He did not appear till I came up from underground. His army was strong but not ridiculous like the last times. The second time I got to him (after clearing out the dragons) it wasn't even fair, what I did to him. :devil:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”