What I don't like about Heroes 5

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 16 Sep 2006, 23:02

The loss is negliable, though there's also some spells from HIV that I miss, like Dragon Strength and Guardian Angel.

But I don't mind the way they handled spells in H5 - it's going back to the roots from H2 and H3, just without too much crap mixed in.

And btw, that comment about not minding 100 useless spells... well, I do. In H3 it pissed me of, when my Tower with Library built would turn out Fire Shield, Water Walk and Inferno for the all important lvl 4 spells.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Sep 2006, 23:07

Paulus1 wrote: And btw, that comment about not minding 100 useless spells... well, I do. In H3 it pissed me of, when my Tower with Library built would turn out Fire Shield, Water Walk and Inferno for the all important lvl 4 spells.
The impact of that wasnt as big as is the impact of not getting raise dead with necro(prior to the 1.3 patch).

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 16 Sep 2006, 23:10

DaemianLucifer wrote:I didnt say unique I said useful.Big difference.
Not really. I guess if H5 had four different versions of every current lvl 3, 4 and 5 spell - one for each magic school - it would make you ecstatic becuase of the sheer number of available spells?
DaemianLucifer wrote:And thats anther ad hing about HV:No pure might heroes.
Pure might - or more might oriented?
It'd be a rare sight to see a high level might hero without any sort of magic.

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 16 Sep 2006, 23:16

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Paulus1 wrote: And btw, that comment about not minding 100 useless spells... well, I do. In H3 it pissed me of, when my Tower with Library built would turn out Fire Shield, Water Walk and Inferno for the all important lvl 4 spells.
The impact of that wasnt as big as is the impact of not getting raise dead with necro(prior to the 1.3 patch).
It was pointed at the 100 useless spells statement - they would make it far between the useful spells, thus making them much harder to get.

If H5 was swarming with mediocre lvl 2 spells, it could be game breaking - and all come down to who gets the best spell. Imagine a Necro with and one without Raise dead. With the current system you have much better chances of getting the important spells.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Sep 2006, 23:20

Paulus1 wrote:With the current system you have much better chances of getting the important spells.
Yeah, and if there were only 3 spells per lvl you'd be sure to get a good one... there is such a thing as too little, and i think H5 qualifies. There are plenty of usefull spells that haven't been used.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 16 Sep 2006, 23:24

I think the current number is not by any means great, but it's sufficient.
Just as long as I'm not burdened with tons of useless stuff, it's all good from my perspective.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Sep 2006, 23:26

Paulus1 wrote: Not really. I guess if H5 had four different versions of every current lvl 3, 4 and 5 spell - one for each magic school - it would make you ecstatic becuase of the sheer number of available spells?
Lets see:The wards(actually,not all of them)and haste were the only spells that didnt stack.Stone skin stacked with armor.So out of 100+ spells,lets say we had 20(and it is far less)similar spells that do the same thing(ice bolt and fire bolt do different damage,thus arent the same).Thats less then 20% same spells for different schools.In your proposed case,making just one spell copied in two schools would give the same percentage.So no,it wouldnt make me more ecstatic.True,I like that bless and mass bless have been merged.And I like the same being done to some other spells.But that is no reason for throwing out cat reflexes,disintegration,sanctuarry,etc,etc.
Paulus1 wrote: Pure might - or more might oriented?
It'd be a rare sight to see a high level might hero without any sort of magic.
Rare,but not imposible.I had true might heroes lots of times in HIV,and I didnt mind.I even liked the diversity.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 16 Sep 2006, 23:38

yeah... I belive that almost completely ignoring the new things Heroes 4 brought is a mistake of the creators... it had an original and very interesting
gameplay... and some elements could have been used to make Heroes 5 a sequel to Heroes 4 too... not just Heroes 3

Also...
What I find shameful in this game are the spelling errors found in many of the tooltips[for example: defenCe, and the incorrect use of BESIDES in stead of also... etc]. I'm not a native English speaker so my English isn't perfect but I think that a game that tries to be good shouldn't have this kind of problems.

i hope that in future patches this will be resolved...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Sep 2006, 23:39

Paulus1 wrote:I think the current number is not by any means great, but it's sufficient.
But then they get away with not doing anything about it.... they don't deserve to get away with anything ATM. Vive la Revolution! Off with their heads.

Interesting:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”