Where our Usernames come from...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Where our Usernames come from...

Unread postby gravyluvr » 15 Sep 2006, 03:30

Lets get to know each other again!

What made you pick the username you use in the Heroes Round Table Forum?

Note: This was in the old forums but never created in the new forum. Please repost your username origin even if you posted in the old forum.

I'll go first...

gravyluvr is mixture of a phrase, a song and a general attitude.

I adopted Gravyluvr as a nickname in 1997. The concept of the nickname starts in South Park. Chef wore a shirt that said "I Luv Gravy!" He performed "Love Gravy" and "Tonight is Right for Love (Love Gravy)" and I was hooked. I was a huge fan of the early seasons of South Park.

I've had lots of nicknames but most were too close to my real name. My last name starts with a V and since there are 2 Vees in my name I like the nickname to have something to do with me.

Gravyluvr is fun to say. And I do Luv Gravy!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Sep 2006, 04:21

Uh,this one again :D

I was always pissed with religious zealots.You know the type,always going "Repent,for jesus loves you,blah,blah",and forcing you to believe in what they believe or else they call you a satanist and devil worshiper.So in spite of those guys,I created a rather interesting nick.And,in order for me not being a full satanist(and to piss satanist zealots)I made some alterations to it.Plus it sounds cool :devil:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 15 Sep 2006, 09:28

I have had tons of nicks but somehow I like Milla the most. Millus sounds really childish. The slayer part came from me being totally obsessed with action movies and heroes...well generally really abnormally cool people...and so the rest was just pure lack of imagination :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 15 Sep 2006, 09:35

Marzhin came for celtic folklore. My family finds its roots in the region of France known as Britanny (home of many of the legends of the Knights of the Round Table ;)). Marzhin is the local name of the wizard Merlin (just as Myrdhin is his name in gaelic).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Sep 2006, 10:37

I'm feeling good with my name. And here is also quite big deal of similiarity with my natural name. So, from where it came ;)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Sep 2006, 10:59

Ur names Paul?! :|

The main site didn't take @Li3n™ well (i think, might have just felt the need for a change) and i've loved the Titan ever since i won my first HoMM II game by using the Wizard faction and DimDoor. And Thunder seemed to fit better then Lightning.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 15 Sep 2006, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 15 Sep 2006, 10:59

Mine comes from Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, though it is spelled without an 'h' there. Metatron is an angel there, masquerading as God. I did not choose the name for any particular reason (other than liking the sound of it), it was more of a spur of the moment thing.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 15 Sep 2006, 11:06

Wanst metatron the voice of god?(at least it is acording to dogma :devil: )

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 15 Sep 2006, 11:11

I was called a grumpy old wizard by a friend on the AOL boards in our dungeon/tower debates. I tood the tag and ran with it.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Sep 2006, 11:12

"Ur names Paul?! :confused: "

Oh, you'r wise boy. Rubbing your head to get more of it....

of the family anatidae on our hands.
--Douglas Adams

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Sep 2006, 11:25

Pol wrote:Rubbing your head to get more of it....
Hey, that hurts...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Sep 2006, 11:28

Really? True Genies would never complain, but Titans are different matter, Oops. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Sep 2006, 11:31

Tarmaskas was the original nick. It was a name of one of my high-level tiers of the Heroes Project (which is frozen at the moment due more important things to do, like work and the living). A bird with a diamond face, 4 wings, tentacles, etc, etc.

As I always had spoken about pandas to piss off one of our fellow members Echo_, I get used to it and then changed to a panda. It's been like this for a while. Then I changed the nick to Panda Tar (maskas... :rolleyes: ).

Oh, and of course, because pandas and birds are just alike.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Sep 2006, 11:32

Pol wrote:True Genies would never complain, but Titans are different matter, Oops. ;)
Why do you think that until #5 we've been wearing helmets?! Damn you Ubival for leaving our head exposed...

RaSmuShaDoW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RaSmuShaDoW » 15 Sep 2006, 12:16

RaSmuShaDoW just a strange combination of my family name (Razmus) and some mistical word.

Writing a nick with capital letters is just a bad habit frome CS (team play first person shooter).

The name that I use in UBI server is WinY-MoNsTeR :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Sep 2006, 12:19

Kalah is a character in a short story I wrote once. I thought the name sounded nice when I was signing up for the RT, so I picked that.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Mithras
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mithras » 15 Sep 2006, 12:34

Mithras has more than one meaning, all having some kind of mythological background.
I've chosen the name as another name for Mithras in roman mythology is
'Sol Invictus', aka Sungod, one of my favourite Bands, wearing their emblem as a tattoo on my calf.
It's only Rock 'n Roll (but I like it)
Proud bearer of the caladont-nerd plaque

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Sep 2006, 12:50

http://www.answers.com/topic/metatron

Metatron (Hebrew מטטרון or מיטטרון, alternate spellings Metraton and the Latin Metator) is the name of an angel in Judaism, some branches of Christianity and Islamic-tradition witchcraft. However, there are no references to him in the Jewish Tanakh (Old Testament), the Christian Scriptures (New Testament) or any Islamic source. There is no consensus as to his genesis or the role that he plays in the hierarchy of Heaven and Hell. A mysterious figure, Metatron is identified with the term "lesser YHVH", which is the Lesser Tetragrammaton, in a Talmudic version read by the Karaite scholar Kirkisani. The word 'Metatron' is numerically equivalent to Shaddai in Hebrew gematria; therefore he is said to have a "Name like his Master".
http://www.answers.com/mithras

A) Mith·ras (mĭth'rəs) pronunciation
n. Mythology.

The ancient Persian god of light and guardian against evil, often identified with the sun.

B)
Mithras was the central savior god of Mithraism, a syncretic Hellenistic mystery religion of male initiates that developed in the Eastern Mediterranean in the 2nd and 1st centuries BCE and was practiced in the Roman Empire from the 1st century BCE to the 5th century CE.
http://www.answers.com/kalah

Kalah, also called Kalaha and often simply Mancala, is a game in the mancala family introduced to the West by William Julius Champion Jr in the 20th century. When someone refers to "the game Mancala", they are probably referring to this game, although there are deeper mancala games available: this game heavily favors the starting player. Confusingly, this variant is also sometimes referred to as Warri or Awari although those names more properly refer to the game Oware. Occasionally this game can be mis-named as "Kalahari", this is likely to have happened as a result of westerners returning from Africa and naming the game after the Kalahari desert.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 15 Sep 2006, 13:11, edited 2 times in total.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 15 Sep 2006, 12:55

This one's going with me to the grave. :devious:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Sep 2006, 13:03

http://www.answers.com/topic/angelspit

Angelspit is a two-piece industrial rock band based in Sydney, Australia.

Formed in 2004 by husband and wife duo ZooG and DestroyX, Angelspit has toured through Australia and New Zealand supporting bands such as KMFDM, Tankt, Ikon and Angel Theory.
Corribus wrote:This one's going with me to the grave.
Have it your way Timmy... i'll go get Ethric.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 15 Sep 2006, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Campfire”