Pet Peeves

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Pet Peeves

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Sep 2006, 15:12

Here's two of mine, brought to mind by a trip to the grocery store last night:

1. People who listen to their ipods EVERYWHERE. Look, I appreciate the fact that you like your music, but if you are too stupid to simultaneously listen to your ipod and interact with society at the most basic level (i.e., know where the hell you're pushing your cart in the grocery store), maybe it's time to turn off the music for ten minutes and pay attention to the world around you. This goes doubly so for people riding bikes in traffic.

2. People who, in the checkout line in the grocery store, don't help bag their own groceries. The line is like 50 people long, you've got six thousand items already rung up, and you can't be bothered to put some of them in bags to speed the process up while the cashier is scanning more of your items? So we all get to wait a half an hour while, after you pay, you and the rest of us get to watch watch him do all the work. Ugh, it drives me CRAZY.

So, that's two of mine. I have lots and will add as I think of them.

Everyone share if you want to.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

RaSmuShaDoW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RaSmuShaDoW » 13 Sep 2006, 15:56

That was one hard shoping for you :)

I also get into the same mood then driving - everybody seems so slow and unconcentrated. But then some day I find myself driving slowly and unconcentratedly (!) and then I understand that it's my right to be relaxed couse after a day at work my head is hot of thinking.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Pet Peeves

Unread postby Kristo » 13 Sep 2006, 16:24

Corribus wrote:2. People who, in the checkout line in the grocery store, don't help bag their own groceries. The line is like 50 people long, you've got six thousand items already rung up, and you can't be bothered to put some of them in bags to speed the process up while the cashier is scanning more of your items? So we all get to wait a half an hour while, after you pay, you and the rest of us get to watch watch him do all the work. Ugh, it drives me CRAZY.
I do my grocery shopping at off-peak hours (usually 8pm or later) specifically to avoid people. I rarely wait in line at checkout.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Sep 2006, 01:13

yeah, those are annoying shopping things, but to trump you, and keep in theme:

I hate when you do get to the front of the line, the checkout person starts to have a conversation with the person next to them (i wanted to say her cause it's always been a girl that has done this, but watch out for the PC police) and ignores you standing there .... then the conversation continues as my blood begins to boil .... :mad: then i usually say something snide
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Sep 2006, 14:19

Optimists that think pesimists are unhappy ppl. I'll have you all know that being right all the time is quite satisfying.... :tonguehands:

Humans in general. Needs no explination.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Sep 2006, 14:38

People in public bathrooms who:

1) engage in loud discussions with their neighbor;
2) make so much noises and grunts you'd think they're having their baby delivered;
3) make a hell of a mess everywhere.

People who use cell phones and:

1) drive dangerously;
2) just stand there in the middle of a crowdy sidewalk because their discussion is so important;
3) talk loudly in the bus or in other places where you'd rather just relax (the worst being theaters, libraries and other places where you should not be using a phone).

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Sep 2006, 14:41

Office boy on the bank line - those guys with a suitcase in front of you waiting to pay a thousand bills, and you have just 1 to pay, but you must wait that f-word guy to finish. It gives me a jolt of dread in my stomach every time a see someone with a suitcase in front of me on a bank line.

People gathered on a bus door - as I'm a user of popular ways of transport, I hate entering in a bus where everyone seems eager to be at the door, barely able to wait the right time to get off, then you can't enter, and they won't move for you to enter, and you are really pissed of to wait for another one which is probably full or those f-word people.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Sep 2006, 15:01

Angelspit wrote:People in public bathrooms who:
3) make a hell of a mess everywhere.
You officialy hate almost everyone im my country. Don't feel bad, they deserve it.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 14 Sep 2006, 15:14

- There's only me : in the parisian subway, when the train is about to leave the station, everybody run to catch it before the doors close... But most of prople get inside and just stops there, blocking the path for all those who arrive behind them. They could go to the back of the car or something, but they don't. (Very much the same as Panda Tar's "People gathered on a bus door" I suppose.)

- I may be called : People who don't turn off their cell phones in cinemas.

- You're too clean : People who answer contemply "bah, you don't know how to have fun" when you say "I don't drink alcohol/take drugs/smoke" in parties...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Sep 2006, 15:30

Marzhin wrote: - I may be called : People who don't turn off their cell phones in cinemas.
Especialy since there's a silent mode too, if one really feels the need to keep it open.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 14 Sep 2006, 15:46

ThunderTitan wrote:Especialy since there's a silent mode too, if one really feels the need to keep it open.
Even those. That's horrible when two ranks in front of you see the bright light of the phone's screen and the guy stands up and tries to reach to exit while whispering : "No, I'm in the cinema right now... No i can't talk... EXCUSE ME... I will talk to you later... Yes... No... SORRY... Really ?... No listen I'm in the cin... Yes, mom, I know... No please, I'm... 'SCUSE ME..."

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Sep 2006, 16:21

People who unintentionally kick you in the back in cinemas: No explanation needed really :disagree:

People who hit my car from behind because they "couldn't understand why I wasn't moving when the lights were red": I mean seriously! This happens frequently. Someone hits me with their car because I wasn't moving. WTF?! I sometimes seriously wonder what idiot driving instructer decided to give them their drivers license ;| :mad:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 14 Sep 2006, 16:48

Marzhin wrote: - You're too clean : People who answer contemply "bah, you don't know how to have fun" when you say "I don't drink alcohol/take drugs/smoke" in parties...
It gets worst if you don't like parties at all, like me. ;|

I hate talking to a person that can't stop rummaging his/her cell phone features, as if they would fly away at that instant.

People who ask: Which of our hairs is redder?
I really depreciate concernings about that.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Sep 2006, 17:12

Lets see......cell phones,bank tellers,crazy bus talkers,shovers,dragers,idiot complainers,.....Oh lets just sum it up:

The whole human kind

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Sep 2006, 17:14

You really must hate going out ;) :devious:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 14 Sep 2006, 17:26

DaemianLucifer wrote:Lets see......cell phones,bank tellers,crazy bus talkers,shovers,dragers,idiot complainers,.....Oh lets just sum it up:

The whole human kind
Yeah, I pretty much agree with that.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 14 Sep 2006, 18:03

DaemianLucifer wrote:Lets see......cell phones,bank tellers,crazy bus talkers,shovers,dragers,idiot complainers,.....Oh lets just sum it up:

The whole human kind
"I love humanity. It's people I can't stand."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Sep 2006, 18:17

Marzhin wrote:Even those. That's horrible when two ranks in front of you see the bright light of the phone's screen and the guy stands up and tries to reach to exit while whispering : "No, I'm in the cinema right now... No i can't talk... EXCUSE ME... I will talk to you later... Yes... No... SORRY... Really ?... No listen I'm in the cin... Yes, mom, I know... No please, I'm... 'SCUSE ME..."
Not my fault they can't just ignore it until the movie is over and then see who called. It's not that hard...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Sep 2006, 19:37

ThunderTitan wrote: Not my fault they can't just ignore it until the movie is over and then see who called. It's not that hard...
You know,Id really like to see the law requiring cinemas and theaters to be equiped with cell jammers.My high school had some,and so do some colleges,so it would really be nice to enjoy a play in peace too.That one of the reasons I stopped going to the cinema.
Last edited by DaemianLucifer on 14 Sep 2006, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 14 Sep 2006, 20:23

DaemianLucifer wrote:You know,Id really like to see the law requiring cinemas and theathers to be equiped with cell jammers.My high school had some,and so do some colleges,so it would really be nice to enjoy a play in peace too.That one of the reasons I stopped going to the cinema.
All that will do is make movie tickets cost more. The best solution is, as you said, to stop going. And if you can, make it known to them that you're avoiding the place because of people and their cell phones. If enough people complain, the cinema owners might do something about it.

Return to “Campfire”