The Cultist → The Conquest

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 22 Aug 2006, 20:38

Im guessing you focused on building the inferno town.That really does make it harder.

As for the weeks,I had week of festivals followed by a week of plague but somehow I managed to win(my luck finally turned :D ),whough it was very hard.

xris81
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xris81 » 13 Sep 2006, 06:35

I managed to take out the 2 Slyvan town on the top of the map first before taking the one below. After taking over all of them, I wasn't able to defeat Gilraen as I couldn't even find him on the map. After a week, the games says "Green Player is defeated" but I'm still stuck in the scenerio. Any ideas how to get out of this?

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 13 Sep 2006, 06:39

You have to find the circle of druids and defeat them. They are somewhere between the two towns at top :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

xris81
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xris81 » 13 Sep 2006, 08:39

I defeated the circle of driuds after I took out the 2 town on the top. Which means I captured the 2 towns on the top, defeated the Driuds, captured the last town at the bottom, and still stuck in the game...

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 13 Sep 2006, 08:43

No idea then...guess the cheat @win() or something :(. Or start over from last autosave (before you get the message about green defeated) and hope for the best. If green is defeated and the druids are too, no clue why you don't move on. Take the opportunty to visit all skill, stat, ect boosting items, defeat all neutral stacks everywhere, and max out your main char. Then...maybe 1.3 will fix??? no idea.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 28 Sep 2006, 23:17

Sorry about the very late reply, but that sounds like a new bug to me. Argh... there are just so many.

Edited: The above walkthrough is now updated to patch 1.3, and its content has been adjusted based on various experiences in the past. :D

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 02 Nov 2006, 13:45

I noticed that the resource requirements for many of the Sylvan creature dwellings have changed with the 1.3 patch. There is definitely a bunch more emphasis on wood and less on sulfur and mercury. Seems like a good change to me because it appears to be more logical. Anyway, your biggest resource problem on this scenario is going to be finding enough wood to upgrade the Sylvan town(s). Try to grab all the wood piles that you see scattered about because you will need them! Although it takes some wood to build them, I built 3 marketplaces once I captured second Sylvan town so I could trade other resources for wood, figuring that it would be faster in the long run (want to upgrade those mage guilds too!). They should have put a trading post in the Southern area if you ask me.

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 05 Nov 2006, 16:17

Quote: "I still have no good strategies against caster/shooters such as magi or druids. If anyone finds one that works, let me know. (I mean without losses) I don't have imperial griffins now :("

----------------------------

One idea I can think of is to split your Master Hunters up into multiple stacks and use their warding arrow ability (and high initiative) to push shooters/spellcasters back on the initiative bar and then use the extra time to come up with an effective way to clean them up. Does anyone know if warding arrow hits twice on one attack whether the effect is doubled?
Edited on Sun, Nov 05 2006, 09:19 by Shad0WeN

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 05 Nov 2006, 16:29

Quote: "There is by the way a good reason to focus on upgrading Sylvan towns, even though as the walkthrough says it goes against the grain of the scenario - the Inferno town has its gold production capped at the third level and can't produce devils, and there are of course more Sylvan towns."

---------------------------

Yea you can't build some of the structures in the Inferno town. Can't upgrade to city hall, mage guild caps at 3rd level, and no Devils as well I think, which is really unfortunate because it might have actually made the Inferno Military Post useful (which you have to fight that large stack of Rakshasa Rajas to get to) since it would yield +1 Devil production in the town.

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 05 Nov 2006, 16:36

Quote: "im curious to know which upgrades you all take for your heros.

i chose attack, logistics, war machines, luck, and leadership."

-------------------------

Took Logistics, Luck, Attack, Dark Magic, and War Machines. A tip to those who don't take Leadership and are using Sylvan creatures with Agrael: Normally the creatures would have -1 morale but there is a +1 morale necklace just to the NE of the Southern Sylvan town (between the magic spring and border tent guarded by the Rakshasa Rajas). It's guarded by a pretty sizeable stack of sprites though, so be forewarned.

For a necklace artifact I was actually torn between using that or the necklace of the bloody claw (+1 damage for your creatures - great for Sprites!), which I luckily acquired in a treasure chest just beyond the garrison where you first fight Gilraen.
Edited on Sun, Nov 05 2006, 09:40 by Shad0WeN

Oneiros
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Oneiros » 23 Dec 2006, 22:00

There's 10 or so Emerald Dragons around area 8, just north of the vampires. Kill them as soon as you can since I have the feeling that they'll join Gil's army. Heck, even on normal the army Gilraen gathered after I triggered the insane elf spawn rate just made me stare at the screen and say "WTF?!".

BTW on the unpatched version, capture the southernmost town first before killing Gilraen or you will be stuck on the map (capturing the town triggers the "Kill Gilraen" objective, killing him before this doesn't count as accomplishing that objective therefore: bug).

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 14 Jun 2007, 08:04

This mission is so hard. I repeated it 5 times and still no success. :(

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 14 Jun 2007, 13:32

When I played it, Shadya was actually my better spellcaster. Raelag or whatever his name was, was more of a might hero. So I basically loaded Raelag up with a few weeks worth of troops and stuck him in the northern of the two castles in the SE "island". I then gave Shadya one week's worth of troops, and sent her going NW from the southern of the two castles on the SE "island". It was slow-going at first, but Shadya's spell proficiency gave her the edge in enough battles that I was able to capture a handful of enemy castles and turn the tide. I left Raeleg for defense of the previously mentioned castle until almost the end of the map, as I needed him to deal with the inferno heroes that kept coming from the south, as well as excursions of the soulscar from the north. I had to restart the map once or twice before I found this strategy, that worked. Aggresive from one direction, defensive from the other.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 15 Jun 2007, 03:36

Is it necessary that I download the patch 1.1 to be able to accomplish this mission? Or 1.0 would still do good?

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 15 Jun 2007, 05:00

I beat it in 1.0 myself...but it is a critically painful map.

I had some trouble beating it myself.

All I can recommend is to expand QUICKLY!
And even that may not be enough...:(
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 15 Jun 2007, 05:03

It wasn't that bad in 1.0. I beat the entire game in 1.0, back when you could keep stacking elemental stacks, spam phantom forces (gotta love have 4 stacks of Vampire Lords running around), and could raise legions of skeleton archers.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 15 Jun 2007, 05:04

I see... I am really stuck on this Mission. I don't know what to do. Like later Gilarden will hunt me with a very, very big army! With Pixies/Sprites in 200+ and Master Hunters with 100+ and other big creatures like the upgraded Treant and sometimes with that Blue Dragon!

But me, I only got less than a hundred Familiars and Horned Demons and some Hell Hounds...

:(

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 15 Jun 2007, 05:05

Restarting is probably the best thing you can do at this point.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 15 Jun 2007, 05:11

Woah...THAT mission...in 1.0?!

AH!!!!!! :scared:

That mission is insanely difficult...(I was thinking of another mission before).

You need to capture the closest Sylvan town and try to keep Gilraen from recapturing the towns on Day 6 or 7 (when he would then be able to muster reinforcements on Day 1).

Other than that...good luck, you'll need it. ;)

It's a pretty hard map, especially before they weakened Gilraen in a later patch.
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 15 Jun 2007, 05:12

Ok, I'll do it.

Btw, can you teach me how to do "Hero Chaining"? So I could transfer my creatures using less duration.

Should I have a lot of heroes or one or two is enough for chaining?

Return to “Articles”